Ares Games

Thread: WoW Playmat reprints by Ares?

loysjohn

Default WoW Playmat reprints by Ares?

Has anyone heard if Ares will be making another run of the Wings of War playmats? I missed out on buying them before the departure of Nexus. Hopefully this is in the works.

If they do re issue, lets hope that they downsize the logo, and only place it once on each mat, or better still omit it entirely.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Maybe rather than a re-print they make an additional two that would match up side to side with the old two so that you could end up with an area 2 mats wide and 2 mats deep. People who do not have the old mats will probably still buy them but people who have the old mats will probably buy them also.

That would be the best option!

Quote Originally Posted by loysjohn View Post
    Has anyone heard if Ares will be making another run of the Wings of War playmats? I missed out on buying them before the departure of Nexus. Hopefully this is in the works.
    There are still a few around but they are scarce. Try dragontalon and warstore. There is also a place in Maine which has 1 of each. (something like RC hobby but the exact name escapes me)

Users Country Flag

Name
    Jeremy
    Sorties Flown

There is still an East and West at my LGS.

They aren't on the website but calling them to arrange shipping is possible.

http://www.strategiesgames.ca/strate...+war&Submit=GO

I'd like to see them come out with some sort of North and South map edition. Maybe make them the length of both East and West mats (2x6 or something like that) so that together, both the North and South maps would be put together to make a 4x6 feet just like East and West, but would also make a huge extension for them too.

No kidding, tonight was the first night Pasadena flight flew over the "official Maps".
    Its a lot better then flying on green or blue sheets. (yes, thats what I used in the past to cover my table)
    I will say some of the homemade ones are outstanding. So even if you dont get the official maps dont dispair.
    Look around here and you may find other options!!

yes I would buy them ,missed out first time

Are you listening Ares???? I would buy them too!

Many good ideas for game mats. I didn't get the first ones due to the logo (as Rob pointed out). Would be nice for them to make a few different ones so you could make different areas to fly over.

Game mats are on the 'To Do" list over at Ares. It was not clear if they would simply be re-releasing the old East and West mats, or designing new ones... but I got the impression that it might be new ones.