Ares Games

View Poll Results: Which miniature would you like to have the most?

Voters
222. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1. Focke Wulf Fw 190

120 54.05%
  • 2. Messerschmitt Me 262

37 16.67%
  • 3. Messerschmitt Bf 110

47 21.17%
  • 4. Dornier Do 335

18 8.11%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WWII: Which German Fighter would you most like to have as a miniature?

Me 262

surprised to see so few votes for the 262

The Dornier Do 335 Pfeil is a very unique and appealing design...

Quote Originally Posted by milcoll73 View Post
    surprised to see so few votes for the 262
    Well, with only 1 vote allowed, I'm not surprised that the Fw-190A is leading the pack. It's long overdue.

Quote Originally Posted by LS650 View Post
    The Dornier Do 335 Pfeil is a very unique and appealing design...
    I fully agree with you, Bruce, but it's speed needs yet another redesign of the rules (of course, so does the Me-262)
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Since santa got me 2 FW 190s I will go for a Me 262

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

190A for me but wouldn't mind having to get them all.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

To quote Major Fohn in the film 'Battle of Britain' ...

Gibt es eine Spitfire geschwader! Or Give me a Spitfire squadron!

Back on topic my vote went for the Focke Wulf Fw.190 ... I know since this thread was started we now have Fw.190Ds for Wings of Glory WW2 / WGS but I am another person who would like to see an earlier Fw.190A replicated as an Official Miniature. WW2 / WGS also has the Messerschmitt Bf.110C-7 available as an Official Miniature from ARES these days - ARES must have looked at this thread and listened to public demand

This is an old poll, and I already got my Fw190 so I am definitely going for the Me262
    Would be interesting against my Mustangs and B-17s

... whenever I actually get around to using them, that is ...

I chose the 262 because I already have 4 FW190's.

This was a hard one. The 110 in night fighter mode. But..in the end I went for the 190. I love the look of the aircraft...it means business.

At the time I voted for the Fw190 thinking it would be the Anton not the Dora model.

In addition to the various models of the Fw 190A And before the Me 262 or Do 335 are even considered we need the Messerschmitt Bf 109F and Messerschmitt Bf 109G.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Brisgamer View Post
    And before the Me 262 or Do 335 are even considered we need the Messerschmitt Bf 109F and Messerschmitt Bf 109G.
    I have to disagree. We already have 2 Bf109 - at this scale they will do in a pinch for other variants.
    We need totally different models like the Me262

Quote Originally Posted by Stumptonian View Post
    I have to disagree. We already have 2 Bf109 - at this scale they will do in a pinch for other variants.
    We need totally different models like the Me262
    It's more than the models Pete, it's the official manouvre decks as well. The performance of the 109F for example is different enough from the 109E to warrant a new deck. Plus the 109F and G series were the backbone of the Jagdwaffe from early 1941 to late 1944. How can we not have an official Luftwaffe fighter for three years of the war at its height? The Brits have their Spit IXs and the US the P40, P47, P51 and soon P38. It makes no sense to me to have nothing for the Luftwaffe between the Emil which was completely replaced in front line service by the end of 1941 and the 109K and Fw 190D which did not enter service until late 1944.

But that means new cards would suffice, rather than another model, doesn't it?
    (I know the purists will disagree, but this is first and foremost a game)
    Put out some Booster Packs like Nexus did to fill in some holes for a while.

There are far too many missing pieces.
    Perhaps Ares needs to get away from the "two from each side" and play catch up.
    We definitely need more than just the Yak for the Russian front, for example.
    Brewster Buffalo and Bell P-39 Airacobra are a couple more for early war scenarios.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumptonian View Post
    But that means new cards would suffice, rather than another model, doesn't it?
    (I know the purists will disagree, but this is first and foremost a game)
    Put out some Booster Packs like Nexus did to fill in some holes for a while.

There are far too many missing pieces.
    Perhaps Ares needs to get away from the "two from each side" and play catch up.
    We definitely need more than just the Yak for the Russian front, for example.
    Brewster Buffalo and Bell P-39 Airacobra are a couple more for early war scenarios.
    Ares have already said they won't do card packs so they are off the table. I am in complete agreement with you Peter about the need to plug the gaps not just in the Luftwaffe ORBAT but across the board. A mid-war fighter set would be a good start with the Messerschmitt Bf 109F, Spitfire Mk.V, Fw 190A and P-39 giving you aircraft for 1941-43 used in all theatres of war - Europe, Middle East, Russia, and the Pacific (New Guinea, Guadalcanal).

For me personally I would buy dozens of those types, even outstripping the 30 BoB Squadron pack minis I have so far.

FW 190A - has to be

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Has to be the ME262.
    See you on the Dark Side......

While I voted (way back) for the 335 (what a surprise ), I think the 190A is the next best choice. Both the 335 and the 262 will need totally new sized decks, which will make both production and packaging a real issue.
    The 190A was widely used, and good sculpt can "count as" almost all the As and F models. And a new deck or 2 (depending on how Ares does things) would be most welcome.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Von Roukenpan

Fw 190

Me110 my favourite warplane of all time!

It's Fw 190A for me.

I think we need the Focke-Wulf 190A to fill a gap. If someone comes up with good nightfighter rules, I would not mind having a Heinkel 219 Uhu.

Quote Originally Posted by Naharaht View Post
    I think we need the Focke-Wulf 190A to fill a gap. If someone comes up with good nightfighter rules, I would not mind having a Heinkel 219 Uhu.
    You're in luck, I just finished some night fighting rules for WWI. I will post these to the files tomorrow as I am re-writing them to clean them up a bit. I am making some modifications for WW2. These will be posted in a week or so. (ugh...make that nearly a year!)

That said, I also wish for a FW190 A, and/or ME109 G.
    Last edited by Teaticket; 02-13-2018 at 14:05.

Do I have to choose one?

Users Country Flag

Name
    Roy
    Sorties Flown

I'm guessing this isn't on the list of options as it's not classed as a fighter? But if I ever played WGS then, Henschel Hs 123.

Other than that, I'd be happy to fly a Bf 109 (but voted for the 110, which is already available I believe)

Quote Originally Posted by Baron View Post
    I have voted for the Do335 since its a very special plane, but GIVE ME ALL of them!!!
    I totally agree with you!

I would love to have a 262, but do you mean wings of war because we already have a 190. also the 262 should not be to overpowered or it would not be fun to play against

also if talking about wings of glory we have 110's

I’m not a WW2 gamer but the Ta-152 would be my all time favourite.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Missions

1. Replies: 116
    Last Post: 09-10-2018, 14:45
  2. WGF: Future WoW miniature releases
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Site News and Announcements
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-22-2010, 13:51
  3. WWI Rulebook in German
    By Belis4rius in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-21-2009, 03:00