Ares Games
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Series 3 Miniatures

spero proprio di vedere almeno un aerosilurante ed un F4-U corsaire bellissimmooooo

i hope to see 1 torpedo launcher and the best plane F4-u corsaire

un idea per il grande mentore ......angiolillo

una special version wwII miniatures con dentro 1 f4-u + aerosilurante + regole per le torpedini ed un template con nave degli USA ,una bella scatola e vai grande regalo di natale!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by darkeldar70 View Post
    un idea per il grande mentore ......angiolillo

una special version wwII miniatures con dentro 1 f4-u + aerosilurante + regole per le torpedini ed un template con nave degli USA ,una bella scatola e vai grande regalo di natale!!!!
    translation:
    "an idea for the great mentor Andrea..."
    "a special version of WWII miniatures including 1 F4-U corsair plus 1 torpedo launcher,rules for torpedoes and a US Navy templates.
    a big new present christmas box!!!"

Are the weapon stats on the Yak cards printed incorrectly? They are AC at short range and C at long range.

brugerstein

OK, strighten me out on this. The Flying Tiger paint job lists it as "Tex" Hill of 2nd Pursuit. In my research, the 2nd Pursuit had a blue band not a red band (3rd pursuit) and Hill was assigned plane # 48. Since there were originally 99 P-40s (B/C) and this is a P-40E, how high did the numbers go? Osprey shows a plane with the number 106.

Cant wait to get those planes!!

Quote Originally Posted by Naharaht View Post
    Are the weapon stats on the Yak cards printed incorrectly? They are AC at short range and C at long range.
    The Yak-1 was armed with a 20mm canon and a 12.7mm MG. At close range, that would be one C for the 20mm and one A for the MG. To get the long range damage you halve the values. The C becomes a B and the A stays an A (the smallest amount of damage). An A and B damage is equivalent to a C, so that was used to lower the number damage chits needed in a game.

Quote Originally Posted by brugerstein View Post
    OK, strighten me out on this. The Flying Tiger paint job lists it as "Tex" Hill of 2nd Pursuit. In my research, the 2nd Pursuit had a blue band not a red band (3rd pursuit) and Hill was assigned plane # 48. Since there were originally 99 P-40s (B/C) and this is a P-40E, how high did the numbers go? Osprey shows a plane with the number 106.
    From what I can find, the 2nd did have a blue band as you say. Osprey shows this as Tex's plane:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 9781841762241P15_big.jpg  

when approximatly they hit the shops?

Great mix of miniatures for this release!

I'm looking forward to all of them, but I think the Yak-1 will have a special place in my collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Olt^Jones View Post
    when approximatly they hit the shops?
    Some time this year is all we have heard. Based on other releases, I would say around December or March of 2011

The Yak-1 was armed with a 20mm canon and a 12.7mm MG. At close range, that would be one C for the 20mm and one A for the MG. To get the long range damage you halve the values. The C becomes a B and the A stays an A (the smallest amount of damage). An A and B damage is equivalent to a C, so that was used to lower the number damage chits needed in a game.
    Thank you for this explanation but then why are the Dewoitine De 520 weapon statistics BC/B ?

The Dewoitine De 520 had:

Short range
    1x 20mm = C
    4x 7.5mm = B

Long range
    1x 20mm = B
    4x 7.5mm = A

Andrea says the B and C are of equivalent damage values, with the C having larger damage number and more zeros then the B. I can only assume that for this plane he decided that the C from the 20mm went down to an A (half of a B or C). The two As would have made a single B for long range. By having the flexibility of the C going to either an A or a B, he is able to fine tune things a little more to his liking. Again, these are just my thoughts.

ok any one know when we can play with a WW2 heavy bombers???

Officially, I don't think heavy bombers are going to come out. If you make the jump to 1/144 scale, you can play with them now. We are supposed to get tactical bombers for WWII some time late this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Col. Hajj View Post
    Officially, I don't think heavy bombers are going to come out. If you make the jump to 1/144 scale, you can play with them now. We are supposed to get tactical bombers for WWII some time late this year.
    Oh, I wouldn't be so sure of that. You know what they say about "never say never!"

On the other hand, I'd agreed entirely that we will not see them anytime soon...

Well, since the WWII bomber expansion that is going to be released does not have them in it... I highly doubt they are going to make another expansion just to cover them. I could be wrong though.

Well, since the WWII bomber expansion that is going to be released does not have them in it... I highly doubt they are going to make another expansion just to cover them. I could be wrong though.
    While I certainly have no real knowledge of any official plans, I would think that after the boxed expansion is out, all you would need for the heavies would be a miniature box (like the balloons for WWI) that also had the aircraft card.

However, I don't yet have Flight of the Giants, so there could be holes in that theory that I can't see yet.

the 1/144 airplane are too much expansive and its not simple to find it in italy ill wait and hope for news!!

Smile

ok guys look at day 1 video of FFG at gencon 2010 you can see a sho of ww1 series4 and ww2 series 3

Users Country Flag

Name
    David Kuijt
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by darkeldar70 View Post
    ok guys look at day 1 video of FFG at gencon 2010 you can see a sho of ww1 series4 and ww2 series 3
    Right -- 0.7 seconds worth, around 1:20 into the video. What a tease.

merlindex's Avatar Vendée Flight Leader
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Merlin
    Sorties Flown

Look at the beauties !!!

Serie 3 WoWar WW2

Quote Originally Posted by merlindex View Post
    Look at the beauties !!!

Serie 3 WoWar WW2
    Sweet looking good. Can't wait for them.

Tom

Hanomag

I can't wait for series 3 myself. I've always liked the P-40 so I'm happy to see it made.

As for the Heavy Bombers....I think we will see them. I imagine at least one as a trial run anyways. In the Star Wars collectible minis game they made a scale AT-AT, and D&D collectible minis has made a number of scale Dragons, so I don't see how an Avro Lancaster is unlikely. Which BTW, I saw a restored Lancaster at a WWII airshow this past summer....very loud when it flies overhead.....but very cool as there are only 2 left that still fly.

-H

Users Country Flag

Name
    Tom
    Sorties Flown

Default Series 3 miniatures

Does anyone have any idea of a release date for the World War II Series 3 miniatures?
    trumpetman52

Users Country Flag

Name
    Gino
    Sorties Flown

Great models ...

... any rumors about a 4th series after bombers?

I'd like to see "Black sheeps" Corsair and last biplanes.

G.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanomag View Post
    I can't wait for series 3 myself. I've always liked the P-40 so I'm happy to see it made. -H
    Me Too.

Look at the beauties !!!

Serie 3 WoWar WW2
    Nice!

"War makes no one great !"
    Amen to that brother.
    Last edited by kaufschtick; 09-23-2010 at 23:08.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Alex
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by g.paoletti View Post
    Great models ...

... any rumors about a 4th series after bombers?

I'd like to see "Black sheeps" Corsair and last biplanes.

G.
    Definitely 'The Last Biplanes' for me. That would be fantastic!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dom
    Sorties Flown

Very nice indeed - must admit I'm particularly taken with the Reggiane - a beautiful plane that you seem to have gotten spot on....

Users Country Flag

Name
    Jared
    Sorties Flown

will you ever make 1/200 WWII decals for these beauties Dom?

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dom
    Sorties Flown

Very unlikely I'm afraid - the WW2 game's never really taken off in the UK (meaning they'd be unlikely to be viable from a sales viewpoint), and I have a hefty 1/600 WW2 collection myself, so there's no appeal as a "pet" project. With the WWI sheets I can live with the odd dismal failure on sales (hello Nieuports....) because they interest me enough to write it off as "hobby" time and live with it. For the WW2 ones I'm simply not that interested myself, so would need to be sure they'd actually sell, which I'm not, sorry....

Do we have a release date for the series 3 models?

I think the P-40 will be pretty popular as well as the Yak. I am a little surprised by the Reggiane Re.200 1CB Falco II. I think it is a neat plane and I understand the desire to get an Italian plane out there... but it was made in very limited numbers and did not see wide spread use.

I also would have really liked to see some dive bombers for the Allied side in this set to counter the ones in Series 2.

One think we have to keep in mind though, is Andrea has already said the Nexus wanted to delay the release of the higher speed aircraft (he mentioned this will be a boxed set) in order to get multi-engine rules/miniatures out first. It's a rough trade off, but if they can get that set out in a timely manner, I think we would all be happy.
    If that means the P-38 is coming sooner than later I will be a happy boy.

Since there are no Luftwaffe planes coming out in series 3, I might be interested in starting a Soviet or Italian fighter group. Does anyone have the Yak-1 and Falco stats handy?

It looks like that P40 and Yak 1 will get me to try DoW.

Foobs

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
    Don't really know what to think about it. I was hoping for some popular planes. I like the Kawasaki though.
    What is more popular than the P40!!??!

So glad to see Eastern Front miniatures coming out as well.

I guess Pacific folks will be glad to see the Tony, though it isn't my thing really. The rest however! Yee-haw

I would really like to see the
    Vought F4U and the Polish PZL 11 added.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed2 View Post
    No F4U until the high speed set.

Quote Originally Posted by Foobs View Post
    What is more popular than the P40!!??!

So glad to see Eastern Front miniatures coming out as well.

I guess Pacific folks will be glad to see the Tony, though it isn't my thing really. The rest however! Yee-haw
    The pacific theater is the only one getting consistent releases. With Series 3 we could play a limited campaign from 1940 through 1945.

Quote Originally Posted by Maniac View Post
    If that means the P-38 is coming sooner than later I will be a happy boy.
    Not going to happen as the P-38 would have to be in the High Speed set... not the multi-engine set.

Some more photos from Andrea.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Gino
    Sorties Flown

GREAT models!!

I can't wait, is there any news about release date?

G.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed2 View Post
    I second that...I also really like the Reggiane Re.2001 CN Falco II
    which Andrea posted a pic.

Updated photos in first post.

Pity no Australian P40's still it looks like the French model will be easist to repain in Australian markings. The Flying Tigers P40 looks great as well.

Default from ronald

I LIKE'EM can't whate to see them in rill life!!

EnemyAce

Still no word on a US release date?

Here's a link I found, it might have already been posted but here it is again then. There is some nice photos.

http://www.gioconomicon.net/modules....ticle&sid=5620

And by the way, haven't seen any pre-orders yet.

Tom

EnemyAce

Neither have I. Shenanigans....

Anyone know any thing about a release date yet? I guess I'm getting hungry.

Tom,

I'm thinking not until March '11 based on previous posts...I like the Italian ones a lot...

Some new photos added to the first post!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. WGF: Wings of War series 5 miniatures
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Site News and Announcements
    Replies: 151
    Last Post: 09-28-2011, 17:24
  2. WGF: Series 4 Miniatures
    Replies: 308
    Last Post: 12-03-2010, 05:00
  3. WGF: Hit & Run booster