Ares Games

Thread: New 1/200 scale minis B-25, Ki-27, Whitley, Battle, Wellington, Blenheim, Lily, etc..

Miscellaneous Miniatures
    Captain

Users Country Flag

Name
    Kevin
    Sorties Flown

Default New 1/200 scale minis B-25, Ki-27, Whitley, Battle, Wellington, Blenheim, Lily, etc..

Armaments in Miniature recently released several new 1/200 scale airplane minis (resin). They include the:
    Fairey Battle
    Bristol Blenheims I and IV
    Vickers Wellington
    Armstrong Whitworth Whitley
    B-25 Mitchell
    P-40B/C
    Ki-27 Nate
    Ki-43 Oscar
    Ki-30 Ann
    Ki-48 Lily
    I snapped some pictures tonight so you can see what they look like. The minis are cast in resin (tan color), I've primed some of them (gray), and finished three. I hate to say it but Armaments in Miniature is producing minis faster than I can paint them...not that I want Dave to slow down.
    The minis are resin and are generally one piece (the Nate and Ann are three piece and consist of the main airframe and two landing gears). National insignia for the Nate and Oscar are from I-94 Enterprises. The P-40 is sporting some small 1/144 scale decals from True North. Dave is getting decals in for some of the 1/200 minis.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1 200 AIM Ki27  Nate b.jpg   1 200 AIM Ki27 Nate.jpg   1 200 AIM Ki43 Oscar b.jpg   1 200 AIM Ki43 Oscar.jpg   1 200 AIM P40BC b.jpg  

1 200 AIM Whitley.jpg   1 200 AIM Wellington.jpg   1 200 AIM Battle.jpg   1 200 AIM Blenheim I.jpg   1 200 AIM Blenheim IV.jpg  

1 200 AIM B25.jpg   1 200 AIM Ki30 Ann.jpg   1 200 AIM Ki48 Lily.jpg  

Those are soem very nicely made models! The Boston(I think it is?) looks... wrong, but overall quite impressive. Nice paint work too mate

Dave

Miscellaneous Miniatures
    Captain

Users Country Flag

Name
    Kevin
    Sorties Flown

Thanks Dave. No Bostons yet. Unfortunately I haven't figured out getting text in between the pictures otherwise I'd have labeled them. From the top down the twin-engine minis are:
    Whitley
    Wellington
    Blenheim I
    Blenheim IV
    B-25
    Ki-48 Lily

Ah, my mistake. You did list them at the top, I didn't catch on The Ki-48 does look like a wonky Boston though :P
    These sweet models are starting to tempt me to get the WW2 game as well... must resist the urge to buy more shiny things...

Quote Originally Posted by miscmini View Post
    Thanks Dave. No Bostons yet. Unfortunately I haven't figured out getting text in between the pictures otherwise I'd have labeled them. From the top down the twin-engine minis are:
    Whitley
    Wellington
    Blenheim I
    Blenheim IV
    B-25
    Ki-48 Lily

Users Country Flag

Name
    Jeremy
    Sorties Flown

I am waiting on free time and news of the future of WoW before how I decide how big my next AiM order is going to be. I have a number of his models. Amazing sculptors and great to paint.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Jeremy
    Sorties Flown

I do have to ask though some of those planes are still listed as soon to be released. What are your connections and how do I get them early as well

Great news!

Hoping someone will come out with the SBD Dauntless. AIR200 has promised one since Fire from the Sky was released, but has not delivered. It is sorely needed for the Pacific since we already have the manuever deck.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Jeremy
    Sorties Flown

afilter Armaments in Minature does produce a Dauntless in the right scale. I have two in my collection. I have yet to Order the Torpedo Bombers to go with it.

I have included the link for you here.

http://www.angelfire.com/nj4/armamen.../resin09mm.htm

Excellent....nice prices as well.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Jeremy
    Sorties Flown

Shipping is fast as well. My first order was a small one to test his products and I had them in two weeks.

Miscellaneous Miniatures
    Captain

Users Country Flag

Name
    Kevin
    Sorties Flown

Jeremy, I've no connection other than being a big customer/big fan and friend. Dave lets me paint some of his pre-production models, for display, while he's making the production molds. The B-25, P-36, Lily, and Ann are in that category...I just have one of each. I do have orders in for them though.

Aaron, here are pics of the 1/200 scale AIM Dauntless, Devastator, Buffalo, and Avenger.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6630.JPG 
Views:	220 
Size:	71.6 KB 
ID:	21413Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Devastator AIM b.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	112.6 KB 
ID:	21415Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6601.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	64.9 KB 
ID:	21414Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6279.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	81.9 KB 
ID:	21412

Kevin!

I have missed your great reports. The Oscars came out perfect, great job! I am looking forward to the Wellingtons completion!

Rich

Wow look great! I did not see any info on ordering in the link.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Jeremy
    Sorties Flown

There is no ordering directly from the site. Daves email is on the site somewhere. Email him and coordinate orders and payments.

Now we really need Rain of Destruction to come out, for the 2-engine bomber rules
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Lovely looking set of aircraft there, may have to put in another order....

Cheers,

Dave

Like Kevin I have been able to get some pre-production models, the Lilliy was a must for my Malaya Campagin. In my view Dave is filling in the gaps left by WOG. The models are well worth the money.

With Dave and Kevin`s fine builds of the AIM line. It should convince anyone that these are the way to go. They have a great line of planes, that turn into looking models! I would recommend anyone look at their albums for the planes they have finished!

Rich

Users Country Flag

Name
    Jeremy
    Sorties Flown

For me pre painted official minis are the way I prefer. I use AIM to fill holes. With limited time available for hobbies painting my Warmachine takes precedent because my LGS has a paint to play rule.

If only we had the time to do all of the hobbies we wanted.

very nice figs, but can't paint any more. I kind of need teh prepainted ones.