Ares Games

Thread: Imagine my surprise!!

Default Imagine my surprise!!

Yesterday I was out shopping with the commander (wife) and we stopped at 7-11 for a snack. I walk into the store and there on the end cap of the shelf facing the door is a pile of wings of war planes. (Along with carcassone and some other games). IN A 7-11!!! I was amazed. Then behind the counter was a schedule on a dry erase board with Zombies, Battletech, Wings of war etc. Apparently there is a gaming enthusiast that owns a 7-11 by me I may be stopping in there more often.

On a further amazing note I found a Baker Snipe I needed and she let me buy it with the normal house money instead of my play money. DOUBLE WIN!!!

Store info for anyone insterested:

3909 East 14 Mile Road, Sterling Heights, MI
    (586) 274-1041

Some commanders are very helpful, sometimes they have troops morale at heart. You are a very lucky 2nd luey.

Quote Originally Posted by STICK View Post
    Yesterday I was out shopping with the commander (wife) and we stopped at 7-11 for a snack. I walk into the store and there on the end cap of the shelf facing the door is a pile of wings of war planes. (Along with carcassone and some other games). IN A 7-11!!! I was amazed. Then behind the counter was a schedule on a dry erase board with Zombies, Battletech, Wings of war etc. Apparently there is a gaming enthusiast that owns a 7-11 by me :) I may be stopping in there more often.
    Actually, if one thinks about it, it's a perfect match: The gamers have someplace to play, *and* get the processed snack foods (not to mention "actual" food!) without the horrific markup FLGSs which sell food seem inevitably to tack on.

The FLGS nearest me is next door to an abandoned pizza parlor; once, I suggested to the GS owners they move into the building, and restart the restaurant -- then they could sell food to their regular gaming crews.... >:)

Unreal a 7-11. That mt become your LGS lol. My commander lets me buy what I want. Say it keeps me out of trouble. Good score.

Heck I am amazed you found a 7-11!!! I have not seen one of those in the Columbus area for years now! Wings of War and a Big Slurp... what a combo!!!

Someone should probably explain what a 7-11 is to the folks across the pond who might not have heard of such a thing... (I would, but right now I am due for a late night snack and some sleep... I have more appointments tomorrow and tons to do before my next surgery...)
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

Every day I come on this forum I have to read about someone else being incredibly lucky while I'm not

Quote Originally Posted by alpine View Post
    Every day I come on this forum I have to read about someone else being incredibly lucky while I'm not
    Michael, perhaps if you tell us what you need to be "lucky" we can exhaust the invesitgative resources of the many members here to make a little of that happen for ya!

(I know... I was supposed to be sleeping... but I could not, so hear I sit again... But then again what is new???)

Oh and for a description of the "7-11" : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7_Eleven (although apparently, after having read this, it would seem that 7-Eleven is a pretty worldwide corporation) (Don't I feel silly... especially when I think about how amny Big Gulps I put down while gaming in my youth...)
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

Hunter's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Terry
    Sorties Flown

Wow! What a find!

Yeah... 7-11. Pretty common knowledge even here. I think everybody knows what that is. Maybe not in New Guinea...