Ares Games

Thread: Two-Seater combat.

Default Two-Seater combat.

Decided to have a night fighting two seaters.

The first game had two N17 (B gun) against a Halberstadt CL.II, I lost one N17 quite quickly however the German took pretty heavy damage and ended up in flames, twice, so this helped send him earthwards. A passing Albatros DIII turned up to help but in fact brought nothing to the combat. As the second N17 had hardly any damage he stuck around to dogfight the Albatros and managed against the odds to shoot him down. Despite trying I could not get into the blind spot behind the two-seater and there was no tailing throughout the game.

The second game kicked off much the same, however this time the two seater (mine) lost it's rear gun almost on the first shot, this left it completely vulnerable to the Germans and I conceded victory.

In the third match up, two triplanes vs RE8, the Germans lost both scouts, however the Harry Tate flew home full of bullet holes and with a dodgy engine, a very close run game. Blind spot came up only once and tailing only once, considering we use tailing every move rather than turn this was a bit disappointing, but................ great games.

Completly different than our last game with Two-seaters... Blind spot rule was used nearly every second turn...

Hello Lieutenant George,

How do you reflect the night flight in the game. Do you have any house rules?

Carlos

Carlos, sorry my friend it is a mix up with the language, "having a night" in Scottish means what I am doing that evening i.e. having a night drinking, having a night playing etc. so that particular night all the combat involved two-seater aircraft.

Similar Missions

1. 2-Seater Blind Spot
    By KirkH in forum WGF: Rules Help
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 07-25-2012, 14:21
  2. Richthofens Two seater?
    By Seiseki in forum WGF: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-03-2009, 09:33
  3. Two Seater Rear Gunner Blind Spot House Rule Suggestion
    By Cujo8-1 in forum WGS: House Rules
    Replies: 5