Thread: Ammo Markers

Default Ammo Markers

Here's an idea for ammunition markers.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF2033.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	135.0 KB 
ID:	20461

Each plane can now have limited ammo. As you shoot at a plane just give that player one of your markers and then they take the appropriate damage tokens.

This will also keep track of the pilot that last shot at each plane.

I have made 8 markers for each color and did 10 colors. Each scenario can give any number of markers you want to each plane.

They work great. If anyone has anything they could add please do. Could always use more ideas.

Tom

How many to the rear gunner?

Smashingly colorful! I did not quite understand the purpose of needing know which pilot last shot an aircraft... Can you enlighten me?
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

How many due you give the rear seat gunner?

ERR
    hiccup!

Quote Originally Posted by flyingryno View Post
    How many to the rear gunner?
    I leave that up to each group. I know there are those here that know more about the guns of this time era. I was going to keep it simple every gun gets 7 shots.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by The Cowman View Post
    Smashingly colorful! I did not quite understand the purpose of needing know which pilot last shot an aircraft... Can you enlighten me?
    How else can you tell who shot you down....just kidding.

One reasons, I was thinking on giving the last person that shot an assist. See the whole dog-fight is only a few minutes.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by CappyTom View Post
    How else can you tell who shot you down....just kidding.

One reasons, I was thinking on giving the last person that shot an assist. See the whole dog-fight is only a few minutes.

Tom
    Makes sense to me! I'll take a set... What are you charging? $100 per counter ? (turns out they are made of depleted uranium...)
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

Quote Originally Posted by The Cowman View Post
    Makes sense to me! I'll take a set... What are you charging? $100 per counter ? (turns out they are made of depleted uranium...)
    Of course, easy to find just look for the dead guy next to them...

Last night I played with a friend that uses an interesting rule. At the start of the game they shuffle the damage deck and deal out 10 cards to each pilot to use when shooting. When the cards are gone that gun is out of ammo. It worked nicely. I'm not experienced enough to know what issues there might be with this method, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Paisan View Post
    Last night I played with a friend that uses an interesting rule. At the start of the game they shuffle the damage deck and deal out 10 cards to each pilot to use when shooting. When the cards are gone that gun is out of ammo. It worked nicely. I'm not experienced enough to know what issues there might be with this method, though.
    We do that as well sometimes but we only use 8 cards. And if you are at close range then the 2nd card comes from the main deck and the 1st comes from your pile.

Tom

The card idea; very simple; I like it and will try to use it as a way to "spice-up" our regular face-to-face games. We do not play with ammo rules largely because we saw it as a record keeping complexity, but this method is easy.
    The "pile" of 8 face-down damage cards for a scout could be placed under the aircraft card on the aircraft's mat if you are using minis - we only use minis.
    Of course for a 2-seater you've got to find a convenient place to put 2 "piles" of face-down cards (front gun and rear gun) and you can't mix-up from which "pile" you are dealing them out.
    BUT, logistics aside, I think it makes an easy-enough way to use ammo rules.
    AND, if knowing who shot whom is important then each player could have his/her own damage deck(s) with a distinguishing mark/initials or other feature on it.
    Thanks guys.

Sounds interesting. I like the idea of limited Ammo and the pre dealt damage cards.