Ares Games

Thread: FHC Luftwaffe Day - Focke Wulf 190 A-5 and Messerschmitt Bf-109E-3 Emil

Default FHC Luftwaffe Day - Focke Wulf 190 A-5 and Messerschmitt Bf-109E-3 Emil

Saturday, August 6, 2011 was a historic day in aviation history as the worlds only flying original Focke-Wulf 190 flew in formation with one of only two airworthy Messerschmitt Bf-109 E-3s. The Focke-Wulf 190A-5 features its original BMW motor and was restored to the exact condition it was in during its service in World War Two. This was the first time these two aircraft were in the sky together since WWII.

Both of these aircraft belong to Paul Allen's Flying Heritage Collection in Everett, Washington, home of the flying warbirds.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfvQn...layer_embedded

Awesome, Love the FW-190, the 109 is cool, but really seeing the 190 is the coolest.

There both great. All the movies I saw growing up showed them looking a lot alike. Their nothing alike. I feel so stupid now. Sorry Karl.

I hope they come out with the 190 when things are up and running again.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by FrankJamison View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfvQnlYB3IE&feature=player_embedded"
    Radial: Starts first try.

Inline: Not.

:)

To be fair, I believe the yellow piece of equipment right behind the FW-190 is an auxiliary power unit, so they probably gave it a bit of "help."

Quote Originally Posted by csadn View Post
    Radial: Starts first try.

Inline: Not.

Thumbs up

Chris!

Some radials start right off! In May i observed the starting of four radials! A Corsair, a Wildcat, a Avenger and a Kate replica! The Kate the smallest engine started right up! The Corsair belched and whined and blew smoke but they started! The Avenger was the obstinate one, they cranked and cranked and cranked some more. After five minutes it finally fired up. Since i was only thirty feet away from the Wildcat, and all four were within 100 of me the noise was impressive!

Rich

P.S. There were five i forgot about the Skyraider!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_3846.jpg   100_3828.jpg   100_3840.jpg  

I know -- I just like mocking Inline-Engine Supporters. :)

It is good to see these rare planes flying again. Thank you for posting the link.

Quote Originally Posted by csadn View Post
    I know -- I just like mocking Inline-Engine Supporters.

Sure, sure. I've got enough t-shirts with oil spot "pips" on the shoulders from walking under the engines of a B-17, C-47 or PBY at countless airshows. And those engines were working properly.

Bob!

If you look at the link you will see what i did Friday night! This was my coworkers second trip to the museum. On our first trip i pointed out the drip pans under the planes, and why they were there. Friday night she informed me that i was about to step in one of the B-17`s drip pan and that it was a mess!

Rich
    http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...t-the-Drive-In!

Quote Originally Posted by richard m schwab View Post
    Bob!

.... Friday night she informed me that i was about to step in one of the B-17`s drip pan and that it was a mess!

Rich
    http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...t-the-Drive-In!
    Yes, that brings back memories of almost stepping into pans of sludge. Whoops!

Bob!

In her case her only contact with an airplane in the past was as airline passenger! She had never been in a hanger full of planes. Much less planes that were not house broken yet! On her first trip she took pictures of air not airplanes in the air! last week she actually had some focused in air shots! Her main draw to the museum,is when they have a special event MR. Zook sells his barbecue!

Rich