Ares Games

Thread: Spinning as house rules

Default Spinning as house rules

I have been thnking about adding a house rule to cover spins
    I want to use them in conjunction with the altitude rules
    the basic idea is to allow you to do three or more steep moves in a sequence
    but if you try to do extra steep moves there is a chance you will enter a spin

What i propose is a a form of damage deck, with a series of spins that can also give damage to the aircraft as well as allowing the pilot to recover from the spin

After entering the spin the player draws a card each turn this either continues the spin ans well as losing an altitude level and possibly damaging the aircraft or will allow the pilot to recover from the spin with a random facing

An expert pilot may also choose to spin the aircraft to avoid an enemy aircraft but when attempting to recover will draw three cards and choose which one to play

I propose 3 decks giving 25,50 and 75% chances of entering a spin depending on the aircraft and skill of the pilot

I am currently creating the decks and if there is interest i will post them in the files section

Users Country Flag

Name
    Mike
    Sorties Flown

I just read the post about your house rules for planes spinning out of control. I'm interested in seeing what you put together. Did you post them in the file section? I'm relatively new to this group, so I'm not very effective at finding anything yet.

Last edited by OldGuy59; 12-31-2023 at 14:25.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Users Country Flag

Name
    Mike
    Sorties Flown

Thank you, OldGuy59 for the direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunnyman View Post
    I just read the post about your house rules for planes spinning out of control. I'm interested in seeing what you put together. Did you post them in the file section? I'm relatively new to this group, so I'm not very effective at finding anything yet.
    Unlikely you'll get a response from Ian, Mike, his last post was in 2010 & last activity was 2021 !
    At least Mike was able to give you some thread pointers - I did two types of spin and looks like the links on the spinning out thread are still good.

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Users Country Flag

Name
    Mike
    Sorties Flown

Yes, I saw them in your photo album section: spinning out of control and the controlled spin. I'm in the process of incorporating them into my house rules. Thank you.

Good luck with that, Mike, I'm sure chaps will be interested to see what you come up with.

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Similar Missions

1. Our House Rules
    By Eserchie in forum WGF: House Rules
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-18-2009, 21:06
  2. Crew Wounded House Rule
    By Oberst Hajj in forum WGS: House Rules
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-16-2009, 19:32
  3. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 11-04-2009, 02:46