Ares Games

Thread: Online Wings of War how many members are playing

Default Online Wings of War how many members are playing

Just wanted to know how many members are active with the online game
    i have been on most nights this week UK Time and had games with about 4 members (thanks Guys for the flying lessons )
    i had this up and running in about 45 minutes with some help Thanks Dan.
    i know the time across the ponds both east and west is a problem but would like to see more members using this software
    there are 3/4 other players online who are not members of the forum from around Europe playing.

Sorry make that 4/5 other players my son has just set the game up now we can play every night not just at the Wk ends

Make that 6 members just had a couple of great games with Kaiser and Sakana Takeru thanks guys
    Last edited by Rommel; 07-24-2011 at 07:44.

I log in sometimes.
    Just now for example

Hi,

I to. Ca. every 2 days.

Takeru

I have been playing usually around 9pm US eastern a few nights a week. There have been 3-4 other guys from this site.

Thanks Rommel the 6 player match was fun!
    Last edited by Tommy Z; 07-25-2011 at 12:07.

I am usually on around 8:30 PM to 9:00 PM US EDT until 10 or 10:30 PM on weeknights. Most of the time there is no one on. Although that seems to be changing lately.

Todd
    (j33pfan)

Todd their are 6 of us on at the moment if you would like to join us

krawhitham

I tend to be on at random times... however I live in NZ so it doesn't really catch the european players very often.

I find I often log in and see people there.... who then don't respond. I'm not sure if players get logged out straight away when they close the software or whether they time out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    Todd their are 6 of us on at the moment if you would like to join us
    Sorry Mike. I didn't see this post until just now. Thanks for the invite.

The reason I don't play until 8:30 or 9 PM (my time), is because I have 2 and 4 year old boys. That is their bed time, which is the only time I get for me anymore (absolutely not complaining...just stating a fact). Before kids, I used to stay up late playing video games most nights, but when you have a 2 year old in your room at 5 or 5:30 AM every morning, late tends to be 10:30 or 11 PM.

Anyway, I've never played with 6 online before. Sounds like a blast. I think the most planes I've ever seen online was 3 (including me).

Hope you had some good battles. Hopefully I'll see you online some other time.

Todd

I log in periodically, problem I find is knowing when someone else is on, there have been occasions where I been logged on solo for 2-3 hours.
    If there was some way to know when people were on Id be up for a game or two

Quote Originally Posted by Boney10 View Post
    I log in periodically, problem I find is knowing when someone else is on, there have been occasions where I been logged on solo for 2-3 hours.
    If there was some way to know when people were on Id be up for a game or two
    Chris we are on week nights around 7.30/8.00pm Uk time
    Weekend seems to be mid afternoon and around 9.00pm which is good because we can join our US Members
    Be good to see you for a game

Quote Originally Posted by toddwf View Post
    Sorry Mike. I didn't see this post until just now. Thanks for the invite.

The reason I don't play until 8:30 or 9 PM (my time), is because I have 2 and 4 year old boys. That is their bed time, which is the only time I get for me anymore (absolutely not complaining...just stating a fact). Before kids, I used to stay up late playing video games most nights, but when you have a 2 year old in your room at 5 or 5:30 AM every morning, late tends to be 10:30 or 11 PM.

Anyway, I've never played with 6 online before. Sounds like a blast. I think the most planes I've ever seen online was 3 (including me).

Hope you had some good battles. Hopefully I'll see you online some other time.

Todd
    Todd not a problem my 3 kids are all grown up and left the family home, so i know how hard it is for any free time when they are young
    the games have been great 1v1, 2v2 ,3v3, 2 seaters against scouts , deathmatch all great fun and a great bunch of guys playing
    if you get chance at the Weekends we will be flying would be good to see you
    Mike

RacingHippo

Chris we are on week nights around 7.30/8.00pm Uk time
    Duly noted!

I tend to log in around 6pm (UK time), so hope to see a few others around.

I can only shoot Nightbomber down so many times

Quote Originally Posted by gregUK View Post

That was not polite. You were shot down in flames by me at least the same number of times.
    I won't play with you online any more.
    I'm Sorry,
    Andrzej.

How do you get this game?

Quote Originally Posted by Belis4rius View Post
    How do you get this game?
    I can send you the installation file - 2,26 Mb. Send me a PM with your email address.

You did best me 2 out of 3 the other night....my squadron is gearing up for vengeance!

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbomber View Post

That was not polite. You were shot down in flames by me at least the same number of times.
    I won't play with you online any more.
    I'm Sorry,
    Andrzej.
    Sorry Andrzej You were right, we were about fifty-fifty, but one is allowed to exagerate the numbers, no?

Sorry Andrzej You were right, we were about fifty-fifty, but one is allowed to exagerate the numbers, no?
    I'm not angry anymore, old chap - SEE YOU IN THE AIRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbomber View Post
    I'm not angry anymore, old chap - SEE YOU IN THE AIRRRRRRRRRRRRR
    Good to hear I only meant it as it seems to be you i play most!!

Was fun to fight Tommy the other night as well, now to meet a few more targets...err..i mean, people on there

Sorry guys not on this week got to cover the night shift hope to see you all over the weekend
    mike

Just had a 3way, so to speak, with Andrzej (Nightbomber) and Daniel (Kaiser) Was good fun until i took them both on... then it was..

Sorry guys not on this week got to cover the night shift hope to see you all over the weekend
    mike
    We'll search the skies to find your crate during the weekend, Mike. See You!

Just had a 3way, so to speak, with Andrzej (Nightbomber) and Daniel (Kaiser) Was good fun until i took them both on... then it was..
    2 seaters are deadly indeed. I think they are a bit overrated in the game

Yeah the 2 seater was unstoppable, but you both paid me back in full. That engine hit you gave me on the first pass made it hard to get position over 2 of you Enjoyed though,was a challenge!!

I played a 2 seater two times online and every time the interceptor was shot down.

I've just joined ranks of "online fliers", and, I have to say - its great joy!

Just one strange thought - about 2/3 of my online fights were won/lost by plane explosion, which is significantly higher number than I'm used to from my "offline" fights.

I must admit Pavel's Nieuport is a deadly tool in the air... In fact our aerial challenges ended up in may explosions

Catch you later, Baron!

wow i just fly some game with friend and the with random stranger and I must say great work missaak we shall do some bigger battles guys who's in ?

I will be on later Radek if you are about, about 6.30 Uk time.

2nd, 3rd and victorious! Yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by Shivaja View Post
    wow i just fly some game with friend and the with random stranger and I must say great work missaak we shall do some bigger battles guys who's in ?
    Radek i think i was your random stranger lol, well played , in the first game first pass exp card took me out that card is a killer, second game got my tail whooped

Yea that was you mate fun games hope we do some more later on i also hope that the battle setting of the game does 2v2 3v3 and so on .

Hmmm, I'd like to suggest "halve the number of Explosion" possibility here - exps are fun and I like playing them, but ... one or two in every single game make this great app bit ... boring

Played this for the first time last night, excellent fun, well recommended. I would agree however with Baron432 on the explosion possibility though. But never mind, a great little game, quick and fun.

Just take the explosions out whoever sets the game up, i recieved one last night...they do seem to happen a lot.

23 / 1] Player Sancho dominated the sky.
    [23 / 1] STATISTICS: hits: 3, damaged: 0, victories: 0
    [23 / 1] Player Shivaja was shot down.
    [23 / 1] Player Shivaja was hit 2x by player Sancho.
    [22 / 3] Player Shivaja was hit 1x by player Sancho.
    [22 / 2] SYSTEM: Machine gun jammed, you can not fire.
    [20 / 2] SYSTEM: Machine gun jammed, you can not fire.
    [19 / 2] SYSTEM: Machine gun jammed, you can not fire.
    [16 / 2] SYSTEM: Machine gun jammed, you can not fire.
    [15 / 3] Shivaja: uz moc ne
    [15 / 1] Player Shivaja was hit 1x by player Sancho.
    [14 / 3] Sancho: kolik mas hp
    [13 / 3] SYSTEM: Machine gun jammed, you can not fire.
    [13 / 2] SYSTEM: Machine gun jammed, you can not fire.
    [12 / 2] SYSTEM: Machine gun jammed, you can not fire.
    [11 / 3] SYSTEM: Machine gun jammed, you can not fire.
    [11 / 1] SYSTEM: Machine gun jammed, you can not fire.
    [10 / 3] Player Shivaja was hit 1x by player Sancho.
    [10 / 2] Player Shivaja was hit 1x by player Sancho.
    [8 / 2] SYSTEM: Machine gun jammed, you can not fire.
    [7 / 3] Player Shivaja was hit 1x by player Sancho.
    [7 / 2] SYSTEM: Machine gun jammed, you can not fire.
    [7 / 1] SYSTEM: Pilot is injured, diving or climbing will cause you to black out.
    [7 / 1] Player Shivaja was hit 1x by player Sancho.
    [7 / 1] Player Sancho was hit 1x by player Shivaja.
    [5 / 1] SYSTEM: Machine gun jammed, you can not fire.
    [5 / 1] Player Sancho was hit 1x by player Shivaja.
    [2 / 3] Player Shivaja was hit 1x by player Sancho.
    [2 / 2] Player Shivaja was hit 1x by player Sancho.
    [2 / 2] Player Sancho was hit 1x by player Shivaja.
    [0 / 0] Let the games begin!
    [0 / 0] Player Sancho has joined the game with airplane Fokker D.VII.
    [0 / 0] Player Shivaja has joined the game with airplane Fokker D.VII.
    To much jamming init

Yes that is the Immelmann+Pilot Wounded combo which gives you 4 Jams but is wrong as stated above.

Just got bestia (Adam) from Aus up and flying online
    well played Adam will catch you again thanks for the game it was 2am in Aus so good night lol
    regards
    Mike

Just had an epic fight with Attila. Not seen many on when i check in lately, but hopefully bump into a few more over the next few weeks