Ares Games
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2-Seater Blind Spot

Hello

I'm using Lieutenant George (Belis4rius) rules to work out the 2-seater blind spot problem.

I think that is quite playable in this way.

Other solutions may be more accurate but less playable (almost remove the rear gun) and without rear gun and no immelman, the 2-seaters are seating ducks.

Bye

Quote Originally Posted by KirkH View Post
    In the post #39 pic, shouldn't the Roland in the 2 o'clock position relative to the Breguet say "Cannot be shot at because it is out of the arc of the rear gun"?
    I saw that ,,but i always think in terms of the minis ,,and theres no way that plane shoots from his stand to the other plane stand inside that arc.But hes talking cards.

There's every way
    You only need to have part of the target card, or base with the miniatures, in arc to shoot using standard rules (you still draw a line centre to centre to check the blind spot, as in the diagram). There is a rules variant where you use the card image as the target in all situations. Some people use that rule with the minis too, although given the much larger scale of the minis in comparison I've never thought it to be a good idea. YMMV. Have played around with a hybrid version, placing the card under the base and using that for targeting.

so... the blind-spot rule only applies at close range (1st half of the ruler)? two seater rear gunner can still shoot a target in 'the blind spot' if at long distance (2nd half of the ruler)? (this question may sound stupid after all the discussion but I've been thinking that the blind-spot rule prevented rear-gunners to shoot targets at any distance - as long as they were at the same altitude)

Quote Originally Posted by Gallo Rojo View Post
    so... the blind-spot rule only applies at close range (1st half of the ruler)? two seater rear gunner can still shoot a target in 'the blind spot' if at long distance (2nd half of the ruler)? (this question may sound stupid after all the discussion but I've been thinking that the blind-spot rule prevented rear-gunners to shoot targets at any distance - as long as they were at the same altitude)
    No you are correct Ezekiel, it is only at short range that the tail gets in the way.
    Rob.

Use a template. Make it easier to determine, if you can shoot at a plane or not.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCF0858.jpg   DSCF0857.jpg  

After reading this thread and one other about the rear gun blind spot I see why the template is an elegant solution. Quick and easy! I'll be printing one out and making one.
    While Marchallannes is too humble to link to his templates in the download section I will. http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/dow...do=file&id=915 Which one do I use for standard two seaters?

Those are the blind spots for the Flight of the Giants WW I bombers.

I didn't post a file for the standard WW I & WW II blind spot.

All you need is a piece of white paper, a flight base, a pair of compasses, a (normal) ruler and a (WoG) ruler for the distance.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Schablonen 004.jpg   Schablonen 003.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Marechallannes View Post
    Those are the blind spots for the Flight of the Giants WW I bombers.

I didn't post a file for the standard WW I & WW II blind spot.

All you need is a piece of white paper, a flight base, a pair of compasses, a (normal) ruler and a (WoG) ruler for the distance.
    What game board does that go too?

Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Marechallannes View Post
    It's from Tide of Iron.
    I thought it was. Love that game. Just got the Desert expansion.

Thomas

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Missions

1. Richthofens Two seater?
    By Seiseki in forum WGF: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-03-2009, 09:33
  2. Two Seater Rear Gunner Blind Spot House Rule Suggestion
    By Cujo8-1 in forum WGS: House Rules
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-11-2009, 17:41
  3. Multiplayer: PLAY TESTING OF 'BLIND THE ENEMY' MISSION