Ares Games

Thread: Help needed: Bishop green with Vallejo?

Default Help needed: Bishop green with Vallejo?

Hi,

Does anyone know how to match the colour of Bishop's S.E.5.a with Vallejo paints?
    I've tried several combinations (mostly starting out with a base of olive grey) but have failed miserably so far.

I want to make a simple conversion by just replacing the letter on the top wing and sides, so the colour have to match more or less exactly or I'll have to repaint the whole plane (which I was hoping to avoid).

/Niclas

Hi there Nicals,

I really don't know the colour, but if you have any reference in another brand of paints, you can use the following site:

http://www.paint4models.com/paintcha...0100101b.html#

It's the "The Ultimate Model Paint Conversion Chart" and I find it awesome!

best of luck

The closest match I have found is a slight variation on Dom S. PC10 Mix. His was 2 Parts 094 Russian Uniform, 1 Part 148 Burnt Umber w/ a bit of black. I got a little bit better result w/ 1 part 094 Russian Uniform, 1 part 148 Burnt Umber and 1 part 096 Cam. Olive Green. It is a very close match.
    Hopefully it helps.

Thanks, Brendon

Hi There Niclas!

I am on the same mission but with Boudwin's SE5a and its numbers. I hope to convert the 19 into a 5, or maybe a 13 or 15 if its going to be difficult. Will you be putting on new decals or attmepting a paint job? Good luck at getting at the side number..

I’m waiting for my custom decals, so I can apply them to my bishops. I was able to create graphics in Photoshop that accurately match 12 planes in the squadron. I just hope when they arrive that the size will be right.

hows this for a match.. I used GW Scorched Brown with GW foundation Knarlock green added until match. Approx 1 brown to 2-3 green
    With the paint match above you should be able to get the matching colours from Vallejo.
    Hope this helps

Thanks for the tips guys!

On vacation now and haven't been able to give them a try yet.

Going to try Kevin's blend first, since I like working with Vallejo - Though I'm missing those two greens, so I'll have to stock up first.

If that doesn't work, I can use Bilbo's excellent link to map Chris mix to Vallejo - Great stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by VerySlick View Post
    I’m waiting for my custom decals, so I can apply them to my bishops. I was able to create graphics in Photoshop that accurately match 12 planes in the squadron. I just hope when they arrive that the size will be right.
    You have 12 Bishops Brendon?
    I'm taking on yet another green hue here (envy).
    I'm the proud owner of six though and intent to set up a flight.
    (I guess this pretty much answers the question in this thread SE5a Bishop - People like you and me!)
    I'm planning to use letters Dom's Decals 4th Sqn Snipe decals, the seem to fit nicely.

/Niclas