Ares Games

Thread: Two to tango repaint contest

Default Two to tango repaint contest

We had some really good entries in the last repaint contest, but sadly the Entente and two seaters were woefully under represented. So, this next contest is just for Entente flown two seaters!

Who: Any registered Wings of War Aerodrome member.
    What: Entente Two Seater Repaint Contest.
    When: 31 August 2011 is the deadline for entries.
    Prize: A RAF R.E. 8 card autographed by Andrea Angiolino
    Winner chosen by: Community vote.

Name:  SignedRE8card.JPG
Views: 265
Size:  15.3 KB
    (the scan of the card looks a little off, but the actual card looks fine)

Rules:
    • One entry per member
    • Limited to 5 images
    • Does not have to be painted during the contest.
    • Previous Wings of War Aerodrome repaint contest entries (minis) are not eligible.

All entries must be placed in your Wings of War Aerodrome Album and then send me a PM containing the following information:

• The actual photos (use the IMG code at the bottom right of the images in your album)
    • What miniature was used
    • Pilot and Unit name (if based on historical scheme)

In addition to the signed card, the winner will receive the Painting Contest Winner medal:

If you need a mini to paint, have a look at Cotton Jim's Flags. He has a nice selection of them and is going to sponsor some of the upcoming contest and giveaways here on the site.

Is no one interested in doing this contest?

Sorry I just regard entente two seaters as targets
    Don

If stuck for interest and I can get a plane I might give it a go.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Users Country Flag

Name
    Marts
    Sorties Flown

I'd like to enter, have a spare Breguet, RE8 and DH4 but need colour schemes, a google search didn't inspire. Does anyone have any suggestions with images? I'd like to do the Breguet most of all but I'll give anything a pop.

I'm repaining a DH 4 in Jasta 18 colors.. would that count.. lol

Quote Originally Posted by rote Flügel View Post
    I'm repaining a DH 4 in Jasta 18 colors.. would that count.. lol
    Right Gunnar. I promise that I won't enter mine then.
    Rob.

Nope, a German paint job will not count.

Before posting this contest, I did do a little searching out there for some good paint jobs people might do. There are some out there. Try using the resources in the sticky of the Hobby section

Dear me just noticed this one. Still smarting after last one . Is it an official mini or can we put in others, Skytrex , Reviresco etc ?

Does not have to be an official mini... just a two seater allied plane.

You can count me in then Herr Oberst.
    Rob.

OOOOOer....i knew that F2b Crocodile would come in handy one day !

Hmmm, maybe I could try to repaint my R.E.8 in 34 Squadron colours if I can find some background for it or something like that.

Count me in.

I only found out about the comp through a post in another thread by Rob!!!! Count me in.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Didn't see the news. Will post soon.

Is this still going on?

I'm game, But need to pick up a spare.

Is cotton Jim replying to anything yet? Still no response form an order I tried to place a month ago.

James

The contest is still open until the 31st of this month. I've not had a chance to talk to Jim in a couple of weeks.

Working on one now. My first repaint, no pressure there!

Less than 2 weeks left guys!

I just last night bought my first 2-seater, Cadbury's DH4. Does it have to be a total repaint, or would adding shading, weathering and detail count? I like the idea of eating chocolate as he shoots down more Zepplins...

Dave

There has never been a stipulation that it has to be a completely new paint scheme. Do it up and see what the members think!

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    There has never been a stipulation that it has to be a completely new paint scheme. Do it up and see what the members think!
    Thanks Oberst, I didn't think it would be a problem, but thought I would check. I like the scheme, but I want it more grimy, shaded and highlighted. I am considering making some heads for the pilot and gunner too, they look like they flew to close below a power line just now...

Dave

Alright, my entry is almost done. I am done repainting, now just a few final touch-ups and corrections.

EDIT: Aargh! My camera's display stopped working, I am going to have to take the pictures by aiming the camera blindly. Hopefully, I can get some other camera borrowed in time.
    Last edited by Watchdog; 08-20-2011 at 14:21.

Hunter's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Terry
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Burt View Post
    Sorry I just regard entente two seaters as targets
    Don
    I like your practical regard of entente two-seaters!

Aaaaahhhhh! Just started on my DH-4. It'll be a repaint of a Non WOW from my older collection of 1/144 aircraft. The bright forest green paint and oblong photo copy paper roundels just rubbed me wrong.

She's cleaned up, glue and paper removed and the first coat of paint hit the fabric this evening!

James

Aaaaaaaargh!!!

Well, My entry is done, camera being a bear and seems to be stuck in 2002. Managed to load the photos to Photoshop, but the two links they provide for the photo transfer won't move the pictures to the Aerodrome.

Any suggestions for this techno challenged old guy?

James

You need to upload the actual files from your PC to your Album... not try to link from an outside source or site. Create an Album, and once you are done, click on "upload pictures" then navigate to and choose the appropriate image files from your PC.
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

Just upload them direct to your WoW album from your hard drive. there should be an "upload" button above and to the right of any pictures in an existing album; click on that and it should be fairly straightforward. If you don't have any albums set up I think you do that from your profile page, bottom left.

Thank you Gentlemen,

I have bludgeoned my way through and my photo's are posted. Please excuse the camera, It's my old back up and seems to be stuck in 2002.

Now I'm warmed up and can start on the triplanes for Jasta Karen.

James

Oops. I completely missed Ken's post, which made mine a bit redundant Oh, the perils of posting from the email notification!

I just finished a commision job, so went to break out the DH4. Do you think I can find it?

It must be on a deep recon mission...

Dave

Soooo, when are the entries coming up? 31st August is long gone here. *is anxious*

I'll get the entries sorted out and post up a poll for you guys to pick the winners tomorrow night.

Good luck everyone!

Thanks, Herr Oberst.

Just curious, how many entries do we have? At least roughly?

There were 8 entries this time... so pretty good odds!

Nice. I cannot wait to see them.

Always like a good repaint!