Ares Games

Thread: FE2b

Default FE2b

On the FE2b it has a gun at the front and a gun at the rear both fired by the observer. To fire each gun require changing of locations on the aircraft not to mention a fair bit of ballance. Do we automatically assume that the observer is extreamly nimble and can accomplish this automaticaly or do we introduce some penalty for movment. There are several other aircraft which require the observer/s to move about the aircraft to man guns such as the Gotha or the HP 0/400. I am in favour of a movement penalty, what do other players think?

I would adapt the crew movement rules from Flight of Giants.

I would say that it could either fire forward OR backward = it can only attack one aicraft per move.

Another factor to take into account is due to the mounting of the rear firing MG, I think only firing on planes at the same level or higher should be allowed and not at a lower level, with the usual obscured area at the rear.

Hunter's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Terry
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    I would adapt the crew movement rules from Flight of Giants.
    Best option as this covers the question best. Remember as Kaiser states it, only can fire at one plane at a time. Have fun!

We play a house rule that it takes one movement time to swap from front to rear or rear front.
    So in one turn you could fire the front gun after first movement card, no firing on second card then fire rear gun after third card is played.
    Linz