Ares Games

Thread: Aerodrome Flight Stand Markings?

Question Aerodrome Flight Stand Markings?

G'day Chaps!
    May I ask what method you recommend to colour in the Firing Arcs etc on the Aerodrome Flight Stands as per the samples shown in the Store Front.

Permanent Markers? Paint? Inks?

All suggestions greatfully received!

I used transparent red acrylic for the arcs, The rest with normal acrylic paints. They came our rather nice.

I used wax crayon on my bases. Rub over area and wipe off excess with a cloth or tissue. If goes wrong you can use Nail polish remover and a pin.
    however , especially if you use the official mats, do NOT use green because you cant see it !!!!
    I use Red for firing arcs, white for alt dial and . now, blue or black for main alt dial

I highly recommend that you use good old wax crayons (yep the kid's coloring things!). As Boney said, rub it on and wipe it off! That is how I did the ones in all the photos.

Barry!

The wax crayon method has worked well for me!

Rich

I have a question that's somewhat related but of a slightly different nature: How would you recommend applying airplane stats (ie. Movement / Strength / Damage) to a clear plexiglass base? Im COMPLETELY unfamiliar with applying decals (assuming this is the recommended proceedure). After all of my work designing Zeppelin rule mechanics, I'm thinking forward to the day when I have a model with a plexiglass base. When that happens, what would be the best method of labeling stats on the support base? I'm guessing some sort of decal. Designing them on the computer won't be hard, and I would like to use the official font/graphics. I have a "so-so" canon inkjet printer at home, but I imagine that a lazer printer would be best for the sake of "crispness". Another concern is whether the decal would need to be varnished and what that might look like on the surrounding plexiglass. I can't decide of the official Wings of War stats on the bases are screen printed on or some sort of decal.

Keegan. Have a look at this thread.Then take a look at my template for them in the files.

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...ghlight=decals

Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Thumbs up Thanks Chaps!

Thanks to everyone who responded with advice/suggestions.
    Crayons sound the go. I guess our Newsagent/Stationers will have them!