Ares Games

Thread: 3D Modeling!

Default 3D Modeling!

Friends!

With the recent post Shapeways Fokker DR1. I have been looking into that area of modeling. Here is an interesting link to a mainly railroading 3D company!

Rich

http://www.makemymodel.com/catalog/index.php
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Front_page_image.JPG  

These look very interesting Rich, and have given me an idea for a very different application! Watch this space.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Rob!

I watched several You Tub videos on the subject of 3D or rapid prototyping. One had a link to a build your own system!

Rich

Rob!

Follow the link and watch the video! Notice the base model is formed on!

Rich

http://www.sourcegraphics.com/3dsyst...FUZn5Qod9gG-tw

I've been watching the Fab@Home 3D-printer for a while, hoping that someday it'll be able to work with metal and take gunbuilding Open Source--by the time it gets good enough to make my .45's, any WoW plane should be no problem for it even if you want the metal/plastic mixed-media construction Nexus favors.
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.
    Wings Checklists: WWI (down Navarre Nieuport, Ares Drachens) | WWII (complete)

At convention the Computer Engraving guys were talking about a small hobbists 3d router that was availible for about A$800.00.
    Sounds like I could make model aircraft on it. love to give it a try.
    Its on my wish list but will have to wait a while. Bills to pay.
    Linz

Seems incredibly cheap for a machine like that Linz. It's not that long since a set of stepper motors alone cost more than that. I will watch developments here with interest.
    Rob.

Rob!

You are correct. I have seen in the past home made printers! I find it interesting they can make the parts in different colors at one time!

Rich

These appears to be several that are aimed at the home market and about USD3000. Will have to relearn CAD after 25 years abstention....

Quote Originally Posted by Linz View Post
    At convention the Computer Engraving guys were talking about a small hobbists 3d router that was availible for about A$800.00.
    Sounds like I could make model aircraft on it. love to give it a try.
    Its on my wish list but will have to wait a while. Bills to pay.
    Linz
    I'm seriously considering getting one of the home 3D printers: http://www.bitsfrombytes.com/content/bfb-3000-0

Thumbs up 3D Modeling!

Chris!

I just spotted this one. If you have the skill at drawing in 3D this one is almost realistic! I sent for my free sample!

Rich

http://botmill.com/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails frontgliderpicnow.jpg  

I wonder what the Design Programme costs?
    Rob.

now if I only had lots of money and cad skills.. lol.. we'd all be rolling in Aircraft.. lol.. this is intriguing to say the least..

$1400! You can get a lot of Nexus planes for that. Oh, I forgot - no you can't because they aren't flamin' well available

Just going down the back of the sofa to see if I can find $1400 worth of loose change. Seriously, I'd love to get my hands on one of those.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Thumbs up

Amen Steve! You might want to check the Lazy Boy also! Seriously if you have the software skills, it would be great!

Rich

I'll start saving my couch money for ya Steve, if you will consider popping me out a model or two once your masterplan comes to fruition! I think I am up to $3.74 right now...
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

Quote Originally Posted by richard m schwab View Post
    Amen Steve! You might want to check the Lazy Boy also! Seriously if you have the software skills, it would be great!

Rich
    Buhu i Have the CAD Skill but no Money.

@ Steve for this Money you can get an CAD Course and an CAM Course.

Greetings,

Take a look at RepRap - http://reprap.org/wiki/Main_Page, its an open source 3d printer project, basically you can buy the bits to make your own machine, and are suggested then to make the parts for another machine (to pass on) as your first project...

Cheers
    Dave

500€ for a starterkit i have to ask my boß for a raise

Dave!

I watched the the main video, and loved the self replicating machine part was great!

Rich

Self-replicating machines - at what point do they do a Skynet, become self-aware and destroy the human race?
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Guntruck View Post
    Self-replicating machines - at what point do they do a Skynet, become self-aware and destroy the human race?
    Right after we forget to install a self destruct button.
    Rob.

Rob!
    My thought eactly. Do not worry you have to make the assembly robots first, but the robot assemblers are on strike. The are protesting being replaced by machines!

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by Guntruck View Post
    These machines can only make parts, they still require human assembly.

OT: Funny, that: I'm actually writing something now where an AI-controlled MH-53 Pave Low occasionally ends up competing with its human pilot/builder for feminine affection...
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.
    Wings Checklists: WWI (down Navarre Nieuport, Ares Drachens) | WWII (complete)