Ares Games

Thread: 5000 up party.

Default 5000 up party.

As the Col.and I reached the 5000 post at the same time, I am announcing a shindig in the Officers Mess tonight. It will be free drinks at least until 6.05 pm.
    I was trying to fly under the radar on this one, but as some of the chaps sussed it out due to the big number under the Wings on my Avatar, the good Col will have to suffer with me on this one. Mine will be a bottle of G&T. drunk through one of Ken's fancy straws as the MO. says I have to keep away from spirits.However, this does not apply to the shades of any pilots who went west and are hanging around in the shadows.
    So all have a good knees up and enjoy the fun and frolicks.
    Kyte.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Wooohooo I'll bring an extra crazy straw! (One of these days you will have to tell me what G&T actually is?)
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

Congrats Rob another milestone reached to go with surviving both WW1 and WW2 Korea, Veitnam and both gulf wars very impressive.
    Linz

Congrats to the Co & Wingco, love these bashes just unclip me from the bar and pour me out if /when its over

Quote Originally Posted by The Cowman View Post
    Wooohooo I'll bring an extra crazy straw! (One of these days you will have to tell me what G&T actually is?)
    Gin and Tonic. Ken.
    Rob.

Will be a jazz band? Or some old dodo Bach?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan-Sam View Post
    Will be a jazz band? Or some old dodo Bach?
    It is the R.F.C. band. Why aren't you here yet Daniel. They have been on for three hours already?
    Kyte.
    Last edited by Flying Officer Kyte; 06-01-2011 at 03:44.

Ohhhh I though it was the big rubber Band that keeps the prop turning

Hunter's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Terry
    Sorties Flown

May the bar never run dry on your celbration! Congratulations Colonel and Lt. Colonel Kyte! Here's to a long and successful career, Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Boney10 View Post
    Congrats to the Co & Wingco, love these bashes just unclip me from the bar and pour me out if /when its over
    Ditto, but its never over, one more for the road

Lightbulb

Ken, Ken, Ken! You DONT KNOW what a G & T is?????
    Mate its the traditional British Drink for Officers particularly serving overseas in Hot Climates.
    Its Gin & Tonic water served in a mid sized glass usually with ice & maybe a slice of Lemon
    The excuse for drinking so many of them was the Tonic water which contains Quinine was supposed to prevent Malaria & various other Tropical Deseases.

I Know you "yanks" only drink Burbon!

Thumbs up Congratulations!

Congratulations to both of you on completing 5000 dangerous Missions.
    This Party should never end!
    Orderly!, bring over another demijohn of G & T plus a barrel of the finest Single Malt! For tomorrow we may be

Congrats to both.

Cheers!!

Attilio

Quote Originally Posted by gully_raker View Post
    Ken, Ken, Ken! You DONT KNOW what a G & T is?????
    Mate its the traditional British Drink for Officers particularly serving overseas in Hot Climates.
    Its Gin & Tonic water served in a mid sized glass usually with ice & maybe a slice of Lemon
    The excuse for drinking so many of them was the Tonic water which contains Quinine was supposed to prevent Malaria & various other Tropical Deseases.

I Know you "yanks" only drink Burbon!
    I thought he might be refering to A Gin and Tonic, but what confused me was that it seemed to be a self contained beverage... So I though maybe I had missed something. Perhaps it is a good time for one of the Higher ranking British officers to write up an article on the "How To" of proper alcoholic consumation amongst the Pilots...

Personaly I am not so much af a Bourbon fan... I do love Vodka, and Teqiula, and am hoping one day to sample some real Scottish Whiskey.
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Boney10 View Post
    Ohhhh I though it was the big rubber Band that keeps the prop turning
    no no, its the politicians breathing on the prop that turns it - trying to avoid the bad breath.

For you pilots flying for the R.N.A.S. I have also laid in a goodly supply of Angostura bitters to go with your Gin. Have fun.
    Kyte.

Thumbs up

I thought he might be refering to A Gin and Tonic, but what confused me was that it seemed to be a self contained beverage... So I though maybe I had missed something. Perhaps it is a good time for one of the Higher ranking British officers to write up an article on the "How To" of proper alcoholic consumation amongst the Pilots...

Personaly I am not so much af a Bourbon fan... I do love Vodka, and Teqiula, and am hoping one day to sample some real Scottish Whiskey.
    I will ask our Mess Sargent to see if he can send some over to your Squadron, Mate.

Must admit in my younger days I did enjoy a good Mescal with the Worms!