Ares Games

View Poll Results: Pick the Jasta you would like to see decal for

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jasta 11 - The Red Baron for the Win

12 42.86%
  • Jasta Boelcke - The man that taught the Red Baron everything he knew!

16 57.14%

Thread: Dr.I decal sheets, Jasta 11 or Jasta Boelcke?

Default Dr.I decal sheets, Jasta 11 or Jasta Boelcke?

Would you guys rather have a decal sheet for the Red Baron's Jasta 11 or Jasta Boelcke?

Jasta 11 (examples, not what has been decided to go on the decal sheet) Keep in mind we have the Red Baron's plane (and maybe Lothar's plane coming soon) as official minis to flush out a Jasta 11 set.

Steinbauser.jpgJanzen.jpg
    Udet.jpgUnknown.jpg
    Beckmann.jpg

Jasta Boelcke (examples, not what has been decided to go on the decal sheet)

For this Jasta, we have Kempf to help flush it out (his plane view is shown only to show the black/white tails of this Jasta and would not be on the decal sheet.).

Kempf.jpgFrommherz.jpg
    Papenmeyer.jpgVallendor.jpg
    Bolle.jpgBaumer3.jpg

I voted Jasta Boelke but would be quite happy with either
    Don

Looks like Jasta Boelke allows for more to be done via repaint; meaning you can fit more planes worth of decals on the sheet.

They all look so nice, I would not complain either way.

I voted Jasta 11 though, since I thought there was just a bit more to like there and I am not one of the talented folks who can repaint his minis.

I say Jasta 11, just because I have already done two repaints of Boelcke and plan on doing two more, so I would have all I need for Jasta Boelcke. I would be more inclined to buy Jasta 11 and do more repaints.

Having already painted up the Jasta 11 models that I wanted I have to go with Boelcke.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Quote Originally Posted by Burt View Post
    I voted Jasta Boelke but would be quite happy with either
    Don
    Also for me.

Hunter's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Terry
    Sorties Flown

Even though I feel we have enough, already, of the Red Baron, I voted for Jasta 11 as they look a tad bit cooler IMHO. However, I would be happy with either one. I am like Bartman in that my repainting attempts could, and probably would, leave much to be desired!

As Flying Officer Kyte said in the 94th or 27th poll: "More Mileage".

I agree with that term with this poll. I beleive that you would do better with Jasta 11, in my opinion and get more mileage.

Quote Originally Posted by costampede View Post
    As Flying Officer Kyte said in the 94th or 27th poll: "More Mileage".

I agree with that term with this poll. I beleive that you would do better with Jasta 11, in my opinion and get more mileage.
    ditto

I went with Jasta Boelcke because I think the Baron has been overdone.. I dog his stuff but I want something different.. and honestly.. I'd like some Jasta 10.. lol.. still in JG1 but sifferent planes.. my love for Jasta 10 is taking over my thoughts.. lol.. I need more planes from it.. so I can have a whole flight of the things.. I'm shooting for 10 or 12 of them I think..

For looks, Jasta 11 got my vote. I'd buy it in a second.

Looks like Jasta 11 is getting the love in the replies you guys are posting, but Boelcke is winning the actual vote.

I voted for Boelcke to keep Herr Kempf company (I am also doing Jasta 10!!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Col. Hajj View Post
    Looks like Jasta 11 is getting the love in the replies you guys are posting, but Boelcke is winning the actual vote.
    One promise to buy is worth five votes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed2 View Post
    One promise to buy is worth five votes.
    Very, very true!

I voted Boelke as I find that JaSta 11 and Richthoven are a bit overrated and overrepresented globally.

petitbilbo