Ares Games

Thread: Custom Cards Help

DFTR

Default Custom Cards Help

Hi,

My son and I have just discovered this WW2 game and are big fans of the forum. I've looked through the files and was wondering if there are tips for printing out custom cards? What sort of paper/materials do you use? Preferably something available at OfficeMax or Michaels crafts store. Is there an exact size/dimensions for printing? Do you laminate the card afterwards?

We also want to create a custom card based on the Komet. I'm not an expert in photoshop but I assume the workflow is to scan in a hand drawn picture; shrink it to size, and then put it in a layer above the background card? Because it's hand drawn I'm sure it won't be as nice as what's loaded here, but it'll truly be custom

As for rules for the Komet, that's going to take some work... we haven't been using Fuel, but obviously that'll be important...

there are a few guy here that are masters of the custom card skill.. Max Headroom is among them.. give him some time to chime in.. he's done lots and has great talent for it all..

Welcome Duff!

In the files section you will see cards done by Max, private message him and he might revel his secrets. You should report for duty and be properly welcomed!

Rich

Hi There Duff.
    I cannot help with the actual card making, I must admit to relying on Max Headroom for that, he has made some excellent cards.
    If you look in my albums you will see I have one specifically for some re-paints/new aircraft with associated cards done by Max.
    As for printing, I have a Cannon MX310 printer, I used Linen brilliant white 260gsm card for InkJet printers. I used Max's cards as base and he has a picture for the rear of the cards, if you check out his albums you will see them. These cards are already sized to match the official cards.
    I personally dont laminate as I use Fantasy Flights card sleeves for all my cards.
    Oh as far as I know Max has no probelm with taking copies of his cards, but drop him a PM Im sure he will help .

DFTR

Thanks for the replies and help. Was busy this weekend watching youtube tutorials on Photoshop but the first attempt came out satisfactorily. We are planning our next try now that we're both more comfortable w/ Photoshop.

One thing I could not find is a template for the backs of the cards? Does such a file exist? We're actually trying for a Japanese plane, Shushei which was based on the Komet.

As for the rules, I haven't played enough to really have a preference for a certain manuever deck. I've also been blown up w/ all the different damage decks. Is there a place where these decks and damage letters are weighted against each other? It looks to me that some planes are "better" than others, but I don't know how much better?

Again thanks for the help. It's an educational experience for both of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Boney10 View Post
    Hi There Duff.
    I used Max's cards as base and he has a picture for the rear of the cards, if you check out his albums you will see them. These cards are already sized to match the official cards.
    Hi Duff here is the answer to your back of cards