Ares Games

Thread: Revenge of the son!

Default Revenge of the son!

Hello All,
    Yesterday was not a complete loss unless you were the Allies. The first game I played the German and had a Fokker D VII and a Albatros DIII. My son had a Snipe and my friend had a Se5a. After a long fight I brought down both Allied planes. The next three games I played the Allies, and took it on the chin all three times. The Snipe was in all three of the games and I alternated the Sopwith Camel,Se5a,and Nieuport. Both sides maneuvered well, but my damage card selection could not have been worse. 3's,4's and 5's dominated most of my cards. Three turns in my Nieuport already had six damage points. By turn 5 it was gone. Once again we all had a good time (especially my son).

Ahhhhhhhh I wish my son lived close so we could play. O well

It is handy having a son so close at hand. I get to play with my eldest son about once a month. unfortunately my other son has no interest in the game at all.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Both of you are right about sons. I am fortunate to have him close by for right now. In the near future, he is talking about becoming a missionary or youth counselor, and that will definitely take him far away. So we savor the moments now, for who knows what the future holds.
    Keith

Hunter's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Terry
    Sorties Flown

Oh no Keith, you must seek revenge! LOL Don't let your son get away with that! That's great you two get to play together. Keep it up!

There will be plenty of time to knock him down a peg or two( not bad considering we use pegs for altitude HA!HA!HA!)!