Ares Games

Thread: St George

Default St George

Happy St Georges day

I would be flying the flag today but at work so

I'll drink to that Chris.
    Kyte.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

I'll join you both in a libation! Happy St George's Day one and all

I hope everyone had a happy St George's Day yesterday and is enjoying a great Easter Sunday today

Thanks Dave.
    The same felicitations are reflected toward your esteemed personage, or as the Yanks would say, " Back at you".
    Rob.

waaaaagh at work again and tomorrow (sniff)

Quote Originally Posted by Boney10 View Post
    waaaaagh at work again and tomorrow (sniff)
    Look at it this way Chris. It's bringing in the money to buy even more planes.
    Rob.

Saint George (ca. 275/281 – 23 April 303) was, according to tradition, a Roman soldier from Syria Palaestina and a priest in the Guard of Diocletian, who is venerated as a Christian martyr. In hagiography Saint George is one of the most venerated saints in the Catholic (Western and Eastern Rites), Anglican, Eastern Orthodox, and the Oriental Orthodox churches. He is immortalized in the tale of Saint George and the Dragon and is one of the Fourteen Holy Helpers. His memorial is celebrated on 23 April, and he is regarded as one of the most prominent military saints.

Many Patronages of Saint George exist around the world, including: Aragon, Catalonia, England, Ethiopia, Georgia, Greece, India, Iraq, Lithuania, Palestine, Portugal, Serbia and Russia, as well as the cities of Genoa, Amersfoort, Beirut, Fakiha, Bteghrine, Cáceres, Ferrara, Freiburg, Kumanovo, Ljubljana, Pomorie, Preston, Qormi, Rio de Janeiro, Lod, Barcelona, Moscow, Tamworth and the Maltese island of Gozo, as well as a wide range of professions, organizations and disease sufferers.

From Wikipedia
    Last edited by Baldrick62; 04-24-2011 at 14:22. Reason: source

Go on then - I'll say it ...I didn't know he was from Wikipedia !

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Is that Irony or goldy Balders old chap.
    Kyte.

Seems like with our usual attitude to St Georges day in this country that I totaly missed it as I didn't hear any mention of it until after the event.
    More people seem to celebrate St Patricks day in this country than St Georges day
    Don