Ares Games

View Poll Results: New minis or repaints?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • New miniatures only, please.

14 35.90%
  • Bring on the repaints!

1 2.56%
  • Both. Can't have too many minis...

21 53.85%
  • Neither. I prefer cards.

3 7.69%

Thread: Do you want to see only new minis, or repaints of existing minis?

Default Do you want to see only new minis, or repaints of existing minis?

Do you want to see only new miniatures in future releases of Wings of War, or would you like to see new paint schemes for existing miniatures?

I would like to see them add more new planes over the next few series and then maybe release some repaints after that.

I'm actually for repaints as well. They would be able to bring more minis to the stores faster if they did this. Sure, they would be the same planes as we already have, but it would give some verity and could be a faster way to generate funds for them to use towards making new things for us.

Another thought would be for them to run the repaints as limited editions. They could run one plane a month and we would be all over that and they would have a steady income over the course of the year.

Users Country Flag

Name
    John
    Sorties Flown

It doesn't matter if it's new or a repaint, because it's coming home with me. I had to vote for both.

I am personally favourable to repaints and I asked for them fo years - let's see when NG will agree. Less so for limited editions - there have bee already crazy prices on Ebay for Richthofen's D.I that's always reprinted. I wish that eveybody could buy everything with calm, also time after the release, at the official price. The only limited editions that I like are golden SPAD and silver D.Va to be used as prizes in tournaments and such.
    Repaints are easier and quicker of course, they would not delay new minis.
    Last edited by Angiolillo; 11-01-2009 at 01:14.

I'm hoping for some more default paint schemes with decals included in the box that you can apply yourself to make each one unique.
    There are too many planes based on various aces for my taste, at the moment.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dennis
    Sorties Flown

I voted for "Both" like it says never can have enough mini's. Also, if they want to save a bit on cost why not release them as undecorated, make them a tad bit cheaper for those of us who don't mind spending the time painting them. I personally would buy more of them and do up complete historical squadrons.

I know that one can buy duplicates and just strip them down but that's an extra step in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberMaxX View Post
    I voted for "Both" like it says never can have enough mini's. Also, if they want to save a bit on cost why not release them as undecorated, make them a tad bit cheaper for those of us who don't mind spending the time painting them. I personally would buy more of them and do up complete historical squadrons.

I know that one can buy duplicates and just strip them down but that's an extra step in my book.
    yup I agree would be great idea. I voted for both. I want new planes but having repaints also gret. I want to do the Flying circus and I'd need alot of the Fokker Dr 1 painted up differently to make this work.

Cheers
    GW

Quote Originally Posted by Greywolf View Post
    I want to do the Flying circus and I'd need alot of the Fokker Dr 1 painted up differently to make this work.
    I'm the same, I want to be able to fly large historic squadrons too. I'd like it if there was extra colour scheams for the existing minis, or the option of producing unpainted minis that you can paint your self.

I voted for new minis. But cheaper, unpainted, old models for selfpainting would be nice, too.

I voted for new minatures. Repaints is something that can be done by yourself (or in my case my eldist son) sure you may make some stuff ups on the way but that is part of the hobby. It's the new aircraft models I want!

I voted for new minis only too! Thats because I would rather have a wide range of different aircraft to use. When it comes to repaints, I would rather do it myself, the planes are relatively small and are easy enough to repaint if you stick to some fairly basic schemes and there are plenty of after market decals to use including losenge patterns, you just have to look for them. If you want NG to do repaints, you run the risk of them taking resources away from making new models.

Just a quick point for your consideration, even though you all have already voted. It costs a great deal of money for a company to create a tool for a miniature. Once that tool is created, the cost of the miniature can be lowered if a longer lifespan is planned. So a Fokker DR1 that would be released in multiple series with more than 3 paint schemes would theoretically lower the end price of the final product.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Wilco View Post
    If you want NG to do repaints, you run the risk of them taking resources away from making new models.
    I see it as giving them more resources, cash flow, to help increase the line. The repaints would require very little up font money to get started since they have already covered the cost of every thing but the materials to manufacture the repaints, and the labor of the new paint jobs. If they released just primed planes, they would not have any painting labor either. This would greatly increase the profit margin on every plane type they produce.

I'd be keen for some primed planes so I could do my own repaints. even if they did a plane pack for example. 1-2 planes plus some paints in the German or allied colours. a leaflet that has some pics of planes or to keep the costs down a list of websites that have pics of planes that could used.

just an idea.....

Cheers
    GW

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Wilco View Post
    I voted for new minis only too! Thats because I would rather have a wide range of different aircraft to use. When it comes to repaints, I would rather do it myself, the planes are relatively small and are easy enough to repaint.
    I agree with Rodger on this point. I think Nexus has done a good job of covering the later part of the war, but I like the early part of the war and cannot wate for the series five miniatures. there again there is the financial side of the debate which cannot be ignored which will make the most money for Nexus game. My view is that it is with more different minatures and not repaints!

Rick Tofen

I would like non pilot specific paint, then you could design your own squadrens

Users Country Flag

Name
    David
    Sorties Flown

Everything will be OK if we have more minis to play with.

Similar Missions

1. Minis Or Cards?
    By kaufschtick in forum Polls
    Replies: 156
    Last Post: 12-27-2022, 06:16
  2. My Repaints
    By Flying Scotsman in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-09-2009, 07:12
  3. Unsure about using the minis
    By Fokker Ace in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 7