Ares Games
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roll Call, let us know where you are

Default Roll Call, let us know where you are

Hello all!
    I'd like to start using the "Locate Players" feature, and that only happens with our participation. So here is who we have so far...
    I'lll edit this post as you call "YO"
    Players listed here have been active in the past few months

From East to West

Nfld Lab

PEI

Nova Scotia
    Halifax
    Rob H
    bonelock

New Brunswick
    Moncton

judahlion

Quebec
    Sqdn Leader ste_marthe

Montreal
    DAK_1942
    Nanook
    Xargos

Longueuil
    Nilliom

St Jean
    RCAF

St-antoine-de-tilly
    franc3555

Quebec City
    AirBuckles

Riviere de Loup
    Araxe

Ontario
    Sqdn Leader Canuck

North Bay
    bahbear

GTA
    Gamewyzard
    dbloomberg
    CrackerJack
    Cap. Spider
    Longstrider
    nardron
    norseman1066
    brownjj2
    steel_ratt
    NatOMac

CANADAZOOCREW
    Desaix

Guelph/KW region
    Tailz
    crhkrebs
    Robert t
    w0relof

NCR (All Postal Code K)
    Flight Leader Bruce
    Hermes
    sgw74

Kingston
    robotwizard
    RZPAL
    psionicflame

Peterborough
    Cardinal
    fist
    bassguy19
    Pitcanary

London
    Hawk
    BWB (Leamington?)

Manitoba
    Winnipeg
    Fahnenjunker
    DaveV

Saskatchewan
    Sqdn Leader Bixby

Saskatoon
    Frogparts

Regina
    LazyEyedPsycho
    Andrewm12ca
    Jed
    Kurt Mueller

Alberta
    Sqdn Leader Grumpybear

Edmonton
    Flight Leader Capt.Winhold
    Red Deer and Edmonton
    WilliamBarkerVC
    postal_bob
    skyboy

Calgary

Flight Leader Skyguy101
    Brand
    chris.cymru
    tailshredder
    secretagentjake
    Doug 101
    trooper
    Von Schlepp
    Hauptmann Litz

BC
    Coquitlam
    Brageton

Victoria
    Kirby DeWolfe

Vancouver
    Polluxx66
    mikechurch

Vernon
    Seahawks

Nunuvit

NWT

Yukon
    Last edited by Justin3.14; 08-27-2011 at 06:50.

Wow, quite the list! (no wow pun intended)

i am here in Peterbrough with cardinal i got him started now hes hocked

Hey Fist!!! Welcome to the 'drome! Good work bringing Cardinal to the Light Side! Dig into the files section and the home rules section they're great areas for enhancing your game.

You can add me to the list for the GTA (Scarborough South-west)

Welcome to the 'drome!!
    Your on the list!

Skyguy001 here... Calgary

Cal Faber
    Victoria BC

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dale
    Sorties Flown

Yo, my girlfriend and I are here in Vancouver

i'm in ontario (just joined site today)

Skip Johnson

YO Skip in Kingston Ontario Looking for players

Edgrod

Edgrod from Calgary, AB

Very New to WoW. Got introduced to the game at the 17 Wing Strategy Club in Winnipeg while on a business trip. Now I'm the owner of FA & WYB, looking desperately for minis. My usual place of residence is Comox (North of Victoria about 3 hours).

(July 12: Can't find minis at a price I want to pay, so gonna try paper models. We'll see how that works out...)
    (Aug 12: First paper airplane done! Sopwith Camel )
    (Sep 12: Second paper airplane done! Fokker-DR1 )
    (Oct 12: Balloon Busters - Yellow balloon - De Guibert Nieuport 16)
    (Nov 12: Flight of the Giants - Wings of War Expansion)
    (Dec 12: Balloon Busters - Brown balloon - Johnson/Prince Nieuport 16)
    (Jan 13: Burning Drachens - Wings of War Expansion, Thanks to Rick57!)
    (Feb 13: Minis! 7 ARES planes, and two more paper planes - another Camel and an Albatros)
    (Feb 13: More WoW stuff from a LGS - 2 LFG Rolands, 3 DH.4s, 2 Snipes, and an Albatros D.V. And, I "Dark Sided" by buying a Spit and an Me 109. No game, but bought the shinies!)
    Last edited by OldGuy59; 03-19-2013 at 13:36. Reason: Update

Edgrod

Hi oldguy59(mike), I know that very difficult look mini, remember the WoW was out print by fantasy flight game, I advice you if you are looking to mini, you can check at EBay, fantasy flight page and boardgame.ca. If you don't worry pay more for the mini.

Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy59 View Post
    Very New to WoW. Got introduced to the game at the 17 Wing Strategy Club in Winnipeg while on a business trip. Now I'm the owner of FA & WYB, looking desperately for minis. My usual place of residence is Comox (North of Victoria about 3 hours).
    PM sent.

Port Moody, British Columbia!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Bertrand-Xavier
    Sorties Flown

NCR for me

YO Traverse City, Michigan. We still have 8 hardcore players, with 6 on and off. A few still lurk here on this site.

I'm still here in Ottawa, just much less active during the Apr-Oct period as the outdoors weather is too good not to enjoy.
    Our mostly-Ottawa and mostly-Family based WoW gaming group (8-12 gamers) will once again play 4 x 10 person, 15-Turn games by E-mail this season (Oct-Apr).
    I do the e-mail game administrator role incl the photo work for for each Turn (3 photos/Turn). I have a dedicated 4'x4' game board in my gaming room.

However, for in-person gaming this 2012/13 season we are switching to BattleTech at my brother's house. He's the keeper of the family's BattleTech stuff (over 400 miniatures) and has tons of home-made, hex-gridded terrain, including depressions, for his 4'x8' gaming table. AND, his 28 year-old son (a fan of BattleTech gaming) has agreed to organize and score our 8-game season. To this end we have played 6 test games since April to sort-out our rules, good scenarios and the season's scoring system.

I'm sure that we'll come back to WoW for in-person gaming at some point in the years to come, but for now we've resurrected BattleTech, an old-favourite from 20-30 years ago.

I remain an active follower and supporter of WoW, this site and its members.

Yo - Reporting in from Regina, Saskatchewan. Can't wait to get some excitement generated for this game again now that it s back in print.

Cheers,
    Michael

Hi Skip.
    Welcome from the pilots based here in Dear old Blighty, and thanks for the footage of the Mossie production.
    Rob.

Have wanted to try this game for a few years and got an opportunity in early December. Love it! Got Famous Aces and Burning Drachens for Christmas and on Boxing Day I tracked down all the Booster packs online as well as ordered some minis from 12-7-Gamers. Am hosting a games day at my home in Coquitlam this Saturday coming up and this is one of the games we intend to play.

Rob Bottos

Hi Rob (What a sound name that is) On behalf of the Pilots based here in Dear old Blighty welcome to the Drome.
    You seem to have made a good start to the game, and should easily be able to pick up a few tips from here on the Drome.
    Do join us in the Officers' Mess for a few beers and a chinwag.
    Rob.

Hi Rob, a good name indeed

Quote Originally Posted by BobRoberts View Post
    Hi Rob, a good name indeed
    I should say it were second to none Rob, but we don't want to start a debate on here do we.
    Rob.

Hello all,

I'm located in Toronto, but unfortunately not quite the gamer yet as I haven't been able to find a copy of the game. Can anyone tell me if there are any stores in T.O that still have this game in stock and fig's as well. Or if anyone has an extra copy of the WW1 Rules and Accessories pack and is willing to sell it please let me know. Praying for my wings!

Hello! I'm new to this forum, as well as this game.

My WW2 Starter Kit is in the mail from coolstuffinc so I can't wait to start playing this! Looks like a lot more fun and simpler/quicker to get into (using basic rules) than X-Wing.

Stephen, I ordered my minis from 12-7-Games, they are based in Illinois. I got some of my booster packs on E-Bay and some from Amazon.ca, as well as from Cardhaus.com I know Starlit Citadel, in Vancouver, BC, will order in any Ares Game products that I need. I'd start with your local friendly game store and see if they can help you out. If not, then try to find a good online retailer. Starlit Citadel is also an online retailer.

First let me welcome you to the Drome on behalf of the British Wing Blair.
    You can obtain models and equipment from our own store right here on the Drome.
    Just click on Store on the top bar of this page.
    Rob.

2-33 Pilot

Yo! Ottawa.

Hey Tom,
    In the Canadian Wing forum there is a gent visiting Ottawa from overseas in February. He's looking for games and sights to see in Ottawa. Maybe you can give him some ideas!

Hello Gents,

It's 2013, How about we try to compile a new list of the Canadian Wing. Or can we update the existing one at the top? Anyways....YO from Toronto LOL

Yeah!
    It looks like we need a new Squadron Leader. Justin (Justin3.14) has been AWOL since August 2011. Our National Roll Call is way out of date.

Mike

lt_v

Charlie in St.John's, NL

Quote Originally Posted by lt_v View Post
    Charlie in St.John's, NL
    Charlie,
    Welcome to the 'drome! Hope you find a few friends, and lots of support for your gaming needs.

I have added you to the new list, as this thread is not being updated by the originator:

New Canadian Roll Call - April 2013

Mike
    Unofficial Canadian Adjudant

PoopsMcGee

Hi All,

New member here from Ontario. I look forward to getting to know the members of my squadron

Quote Originally Posted by PoopsMcGee View Post
    Hi All,

New member here from Ontario. I look forward to getting to know the members of my squadron
    Kyle,

Welcome to the 'drome! Lots of people in Ontario. Especially in the Toronto area, go figure.

Also, please check the updated list on this thread: Roll Call - December 2013

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by PoopsMcGee View Post
    Hi All,

Hi from Alberta

Calgary Alberta!

Toronto area, please add my account

Richard,
    This thread is dead. Please check the new, updated one here: Roll Call - December 2013.

You are on that one.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy59 View Post
    Richard,
    This thread is dead. Please check the new, updated one here: Roll Call - December 2013.

You are on that one.
    Thank you Mike!

Haven't been on the site in ages, checking in to say, "Hi".

This thread is pretty much dead, Art. And you have checked in on the belated 2013 update. Way past time I attempted a cleanup of the Canadian membership rolls.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Well, I haven't been here for some time! I was recently at an Air Show that flew a DR1 and it peaked my interest again! Thought I would catch up.
    Last edited by Gamewyzard; 09-12-2016 at 13:09. Reason: No reason, just checking to see how site works again, been a while! Why no SIG line??

Hoogs

Hello all. I just discovered a copy of Wings of War WWII last weekend. I live in Edmonton Alberta. Hope to learn more about this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoogs View Post
    Hello all. I just discovered a copy of Wings of War WWII last weekend. I live in Edmonton Alberta. Hope to learn more about this game.
    Christien,

Go to the 2013 UPDATED page, this thread is pretty much dead.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast