Ares Games

Thread: peter pig

Default peter pig

has anyone used the peter pig pilots and gunners in their aircraft ,if so how do they fit and do they look ok

I've never heard of this, can you share a link or picture?

Users Country Flag

Name
    Marts
    Sorties Flown

peterpig.co.uk. He does 1:144 rear gunners and pilots. They fit quite well with a minimum of fuss. I had to file the lower body down on one to fit the Albatros DV but no major hassles. They look really good when finished.

heres a link they are near the bottom of the page.
    http://www.peterpig.co.uk/range6.htm

thanks Mart i will give them a try

Can anyone do a quick compare of the peter pig and reviresco figures, are the sizes much different. A picture of them side by side would be useful.

From several threads its generally agreed the peter pig ones are nicely modeled. Has anyone found an alternative? Has anyone asked Skytex is they could do them separately?

Thanks in advance

Reverisco are probably more 'realistic' but the PP models are just fine, sometimes you have to cut them to fit, but apart from that they look OK.

Gave up trying to order the reverisco figures, so i ordered some peter pig pilots and gunners
    Before using these i made up some paper pilots out of laminated card...
    Here`s a couple of examples...
    The `Biff corocodile` is a FG repaint
    the others are my original `cardies` Cardmodels at 1/144th
    New shots with new camera !
    Batesyboy
    Attached Images    

Really liking the Biff
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Does anyone have so close up photos of what the Peter Pig and Reviresco figures look like?

Quote Originally Posted by costampede View Post
    Does anyone have so close up photos of what the Peter Pig and Reviresco figures look like?
    From Martin's (Mr Pig) website. For some reason the German rear gunner does not display when you click on the pic.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Thanks Steve, now I'm trying to decide if I want to get any or just leave the planes the way they are. hmmmm.

Jhat ordered some now - will let you know what I think

Got some pilots..they look very nice...Need to get some gunners though...

Note there are several problems when replacing when replacing WOW crew, some figure are easily poped out like on the RE8 and the peter pig figures pop in fine but one some models like the Rolland CII the crew are part of the metal structure of the plane so you have got to be very carefull when grinding the old crew out ( have lost several models when doing this). I have use Revscco and peter pig figures and there is not much between them. Although I have a preference for peter pig. As for Skytrex they do not make seperate pilots and gunners and in gereral do not like the Skytrex pilots ect so I end up replacing them

I agree with the Peter Pig option. They seem to be slightly better defined than the Reverisco models, although I will happily use either type.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."