Ares Games

Thread: Something to stick on your bookshelf

Default Something to stick on your bookshelf

Kindly pointed out to me by the Officer Commanding while out shopping this morning - Number 15 of the Fighter Aircraft Collection, Albatros fighters.

Yes, I know it's the wrong scale (1/72), but it is pretty, and will sit quite nicely with my other die-casts.

I seem to have missed the previous ones on the Camel, Fokker Triplane and SPADXIII (I shall take the O.C. to task for her lack of dilligence on my behalf) - anyone have these and are they worth chasing around for? The SE5 is out in about 10 weeks time.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Hi steve I saw this in my local WHSmiths, but I didnt sucumb incase I was accused of bending the rules at the next turney when I got this beastie out of my bag

They look really fine, but I really cant justify diverting any more of my gin money to yet another scale of model.
    Rob
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Have seen the Camel and Spad in the model shop where I work - but like Rob, although they look pretty I didn't want to divert funds away from WoW purchases in case SWMBO noticed and "commented"

Ah, a Jasta 5 plane. Very nice. Who is the manufacturer? I noticed that Hobby Lobby (a crafters bigbox store here in the states) was carrying a line of 72nd scale WW2 fighters, and thought that they would be affordable if I still played Mustangs and Messersmitts. (a WW2 game where the nodels hang on a stick attached to a 3 wheel dolly; lots of fun, but you need a carpeted room to play on the floor, and rather slow). There's a WW1 version out too.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus