Ares Games

Thread: Happy Birthday Rob

Default Happy Birthday Rob

Hey, ever since you mentioned it was your 111st birthday soon a few weeks back I've been keeping an eye on the bottom of the forum to spot it.

I missed it, so a belated Happy Birthday old boy,

cheers,

Dave.

WHAT?!?!?! Rob is 111!?!?! From the pictures I have seen he does not look a day over 105!!!! I can't believe I missed your Birthday Rob!! I send my belated good wishes as well! I would send you a bottle of Scotch, but I am thinking you can get much better Scotch there...
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

I thought Rob had been around since Pontius was a pilot! MHR's old chap.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Rob...happy belated! And you don't look a day over 83, despite what the others say.

Happy Birthday Rob!

Don`t take that ring off! We all know it is natural pickling from all of those G&T`s!

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by Guntruck View Post
    I thought Rob had been around since Pontius was a pilot! MHR's old chap.
    And Centurion was a rank, not a tank!

Slainte!

Quote Originally Posted by Guntruck View Post
    I thought Rob had been around since Pontius was a pilot!
    Ha,Ha,Ha. As old as I am, that's the first time I heard that.

Happy birthday Rob.

Eleventy-one years old, huh? Must be related to the Old Took.

Sorry I missed your birthday, but I don't know how I could possibly have known when it was - for that matter, I still don't - when was it?

I hope it was a happy one. And that you have many, many more.

Happy Birthday from another old geezer!

Firstly I must say that reports of my birthday are somewhat premature.It is actually on Monday. Second that I am actually related to the Brandy- bucks. Third no one is thus too late, and thank you all for the good wishes for my 111th. I had not heard the one about Pontius either, but knowing him personally from back then I can't recall him actually flying. He seemed to spend most of his time in the Mens' room. He said he was washing his hands, but we all knew better.
    Well you can all wish me a Happy birthday again on Monday, when you buy me a drink in the mess.
    Kyte.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Phew thank goodness I didnt miss the birthday, which nrmally means drinks all around.
    mind you wingco is it true your service number is I III IV VI V IX ?

I think you can judge for yourself from his 1st ride....

Rob!

An early birthday joke! i heard this on a repeat of MY Word! The first NEW JOKE in post war Brittan!

Rome is at the height of it`s power. The scene is ancient Brittan! In a remote garrison camp in the most western edge of the Empire, revile is blown! As the men turn out and and form their ranks the garrison commander looks on! After roll call the commander addresses his men. " Men today is the Emperor `s birthday. He as reward us with an extra wine ration and a special meal and a gold coin to each of us to be deposited till the day you retire! He has also ordered a day of games and rest, no work today boys! We will start with a morning a wrestling match in which we all will compete. Followed by boxing and javelin throwing! The winner in these games will be given an extra wine ration and eight day pass to Londinium! We will break up into four groups an start the games! "

He looks at the first man in in the front rank ans says. Private Flavius start counting. I II III IV, I II III IV, I II III IV!

Rich

Smile Happy Birthday Rob!

Rob!

A very happy birthday! Have restorative G & T on me make it a large one!

Rich