Ares Games

Thread: Do any of you field a Flight or Kette?

Question Do any of you field a Flight or Kette?

G'day Chaps!
    Just wanted to check to see if any of you table a Flight or Kette of the same Aircraft.
    If so do you move them all together until a fight starts.
    Any input on your experiences greatly appreciated.

Barry, in my current Knights of the Air campaign, the Germans are all flying Albatros D.IIIs. I require that both side deploy their planes in a formation (within one rule of each other) at the start of the game. This represents them flying as a flight until the fight breaks out. Not really sure if this is helpful to you or not.

Morning Barry.
    I have a flight of three Camels led by the intrepid James Bigglesworth and including Algy Lacy, and yes they all move in sequence until the attack goes in. I was given one good tip, and that is to put a colour coded sticky micro dot on each base and set of cards. It helpsd to keep track of which plane is doing what when they are all very similar.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dom
    Sorties Flown

Yes to both - I tend to do my aircraft in 6s or even more, so like to field them as a formation when I can.

Yes and yes. I normally use flights of up to four (same aircraft type, same squadron markings). They deploy within one ruler and one altitude level of each other, and I just plot moves for the lead aircraft until they choose to split.

Yes...but not more than 3 of the same type...and usually only 2 of the same type with a third of a diff. type...

Thanks Chaps for your inputs!
    I thought that would be how it works but wanted to get your input.
    Sorry for the delay in responding but have just had a week in Hospital with an infected Leg.
    (see my post in Reporting for Duty!)

Sorry to hear that. I hope you are recovering O.K.
    Best regards,
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Hopefully I'll be able to pick up some Camels this weekend, and change'em up to RNAS.

Hunter's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Terry
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by MayorJim View Post
    Yes...but not more than 3 of the same type...and usually only 2 of the same type with a third of a diff. type...
    This is how I do it, e.g., 2 DrI's & a DVII, 2 DVa's & a DrI, 2 N17' & a SPAD XIII, 2 Camels & a SE5a, etc. Even using two seaters, e.g., DH4 & 2 Camels, etc.