Ares Games

Thread: Happy Saint Patrick Day!

Default Happy Saint Patrick Day!

One day of the year when the whole world is from Ireland! Enjoy some music!

Rich

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBRmDRWw65M&NR=1
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 65_10_b1.jpg  

Nice tune and a happy St. Patrick's day to you as well and everyone else.

On behalf of my Irish pilots, I join with you all in a pint of the dark elixier in wishing all a splendid day.
    Well you didn't think I'd miss out on the chance of a drink did you?
    Kyte.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Default Lá Fhéile Pádraig

Slaěnthe Mhath !

Quote Originally Posted by richard m schwab View Post
    One day of the year when the whole world is from Ireland!
    This is a confusing month for me.

First it was Fat Tuesday (Paczki Day!) where everyone is Polish. Now it's St. Patty's Day and I'm Irish? This is far too culturally confusing. Next thing ya know I'll be eating green Pierogies & Boxsty together.

Keith!

Did you miss Buzzard Day on the 15th?

Rich

When is Groundhog Day?
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    When is Groundhog Day?
    Rob.
    February 2nd, ten days before Darwin Day.

Do you think we could start Re-paint a WoW Airplane Day so we can take time off work and sit around drinking Castrol?
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Guntruck View Post
    February 2nd, ten days before Darwin Day.

Do you think we could start Re-paint a WoW Airplane Day so we can take time off work and sit around drinking Castrol?
    Darn it. That's two more drinks I've missed out on gunners. That office orderly of mine is going back into the trenches pronto.
    Kyte.

Thumbs up

Rob!
    You missed Ground Hog Day last month on February 2nd! A day i cannot forget,as it is my mothers birthday! Buzzard Day Was Tuesday, every year on March 15 the buzzards return to Hinckley Ohio! They arrive at "Buzzards' Roost" in Hinckley. One of greater Cleveland's best known cultural event!

Check below for month long events you might of missed like. March is Peanut Month
    evidently a national event over here! Personally i have never heard of it!
    But it is a great reason to have a Castor Oil and Anti Freeze on the rocks!

Rich

http://mhprofessional.com/?page=/mhp...al_months.html

Great Rich,
    That will keep me in drinks forever. One quick question. If they have Peanut Month, dothey also have one to the patron Saint of U.S. pilots, Snoopy?
    Rob.

Rob!

If you saw the movie Always with Richard Dreyfus you know it is HAP or Audrey Hepburn! If you saw the original version A Guy Named Joe you know it was Lionel Barrymore!!!

Rich

Rob!
    You missed Ground Hog Day last month on February 2nd! A day i cannot forget,as it is my mothers birthday! Buzzard Day Was Tuesday, every year on March 15 the buzzards return to Hinckley Ohio! They arrive at "Buzzards' Roost" in Hinckley. One of greater Cleveland's best known cultural event!

Check below for month long events you might of missed like. March is Peanut Month
    evidently a national event over here! Personally i have never heard of it!
    But it is a great reason to have a Castor Oil and Anti Freeze on the rocks!

Rich

http://mhprofessional.com/?page=/mhp...al_months.html
    LOL! I used to live not very far from Hinkley...I thought only the locals knew about buzzrds day...

Jim!

The enlightened folk in Xenia know of such things, but try to ignore the northeast part of the state!

rich

Jim!

The enlightened folk in Xenia know of such things, but try to ignore the northeast part of the state!

rich
    Did you ever live in Ohio? This is really pretty esoteric stuff...

Jim!

I was born in Zenia where my mother lives today. I have a sister who lives in Fairfield. I lived as far north as Fremont as far south as Greenhills. I graduated from Greenhills in 1972

rich