Ares Games

View Poll Results: Which paint job(s) would you like to see replaced with a new one?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • M. Von Richtofen

31 59.62%
  • Seibert & Pfleger

7 13.46%
  • Luftstreitskrafte

12 23.08%
  • None of them!

6 11.54%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Series 2 Reprint replacements: Roland C.II

Default Series 2 Reprint replacements: Roland C.II

Andrea has been hinting that the up coming reprints may contain new paint jobs for a few of the planes. This is supposedly based on how well the original paint job sold.

With all of that, which of these would you like to see replaced with a new paint job?

1. M. Von Richtofen

2. Seibert & Pfleger

3. Luftstreitskrafte

MvR got enough airtime, lets have a new one if possible

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dom
    Sorties Flown

Luftstreitkrafte for me, given that the colour scheme's a complete dud - that aircraft pre-dated the use of purple on German aircraft, and was almost certainly green and chestnut brown....

I voted none, because I feel I'll be wanting to purchase all the repaints, and I really don't need another Roland!

Quote Originally Posted by Boney10 View Post
    Amen!...and baby blue just didn't cut it for me

Quote Originally Posted by Boney10 View Post
    My thoughts exactly!

MvR easy choice...
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

For those that like to play MVR from the early years, I'd like to see him stay.

I have a suggestion for who to add, despite it meaning more blue: Eduard Ritter von Schleich, for being the very first documented pilot to fly a "Sharkmouth" (technically "Whalemouth" since the C.II was called "Walfisch" or "Whale," but I still think establishing a tradition is Bigtime History Points).
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.
    Wings Checklists: WWI (down Navarre Nieuport, Ares Drachens) | WWII (complete)

Luftstreitkrafte for me, given that the colour scheme's a complete dud - that aircraft pre-dated the use of purple on German aircraft, and was almost certainly green and chestnut brown....
    If the scheme is wrong then they wouldn't be the only people doing it....

http://www.wwi-models.org/IM/German/laskodi_roland.html

I'm with Larry on this one. I'm going broke, at least that's what my wife is saying.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dom
    Sorties Flown

DM - Yeah, it's one of those "popular misconception" ones, where a single dud source has become established "fact" in spite of the evidence. The profile of it in the Windsock Datafile (for a long time the only book on the C.II) came out looking green and purple, or even dark grey and purple, and people have been copying it ever since. In spite of the fact that the caption to that same profile says the colours are "sprayed areas of dark green and red/brown" and that it's a 1916 machine, while we know mauve only appeared on German aircraft from April 1917, when it was ordered to replace the red/brown colour, as the red/brown and green camo was getting confused with the French scheme.

Only voting against the Baron because it's needs to be replaced with another front gun model. However, the all blue paint job looks good for repainters (which is why I have a few in the hanger waiting for the shop to be built.)
    Karl
    Last edited by Jager; 03-14-2011 at 13:26.
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Repaint them all !!

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Problem on my suggestion: von Schleich would probably be pretty close to Seibert, the "Scales & Whalemouth" were a common decorative motif in the field--at least one pilot even had some indicator vane on the wing reshaped to look like a pilotfish, IIRC. (And if I don't, it was a wood or sheetmetal cutout mounted on the struts--either way, I know at least one pilot did this.)
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.
    Wings Checklists: WWI (down Navarre Nieuport, Ares Drachens) | WWII (complete)

Hunter's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Terry
    Sorties Flown

Drop the MvR! Like those before me wrote, too much MvR in the game with three miniatures. Get another paint scheme and front gun pilot. This could be the plane that would win the war for the Kaiser!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Mark Duncan
    Sorties Flown

I like the Luft. !!!

Richtofen simply because it as no front gunner. It's just not a good plane without a front gun.

I would rather they only release *2* two-seaters of each type in the repaint series, and instead add an additional single-seat fighter, making a total of *4* of each single-seat fighter. I think that this would be good for sales since two-seaters are more expensive, and relatively slower sellers. I would also buy all additional single-seat Fokkers, SPADS, Camels, and Albatroses, while I would not buy any further two-seaters since having a couple of each type of those is enough.
    Last edited by greenalfonzo; 08-02-2011 at 15:14.