Ares Games
Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829303132333435363738 LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,450 of 1863

Thread: Wings of Savage Mill (Maryland)

I am also interested in knowing if the the 8th is a go. Are newbies welcome at the Salvage WOG table? I have only flown with basic rules with family. I am very interested in learning the real game with a group of vets. If welcome, is it the norm to bring your own aircraft or on flying someone else's? I ask because being new I am not sure which of the WWI aircraft I own are best for different missions or what is anachronistic if flying historic. The biggest hurdle for me to attend however is the rush hour traffic from DC.

Hi Togo, New pilots are always welcome. Bring whatever plane you would like to fly. We usually start with a dog fight & folks fly whatever plane they want. But don’t worry - there will be plenty of other planes to fly. & of course you can always pick up a new plane at the store.

Thanks for a reply. So it is a go? 6-9?

Edit: Darn, it looks like NOAA has just issued a hazardous travel/commute conditions warning for tomorrow PM in Metro area. Sadly, unless something changes I don't think I will attempt the drive.
    Last edited by Togo; 01-07-2018 at 11:57.

I plan to be there.

-Will

My current plan is to be there... but a lot will depend on what the weather is like tomorrow.

--
    Bill

I was probably not going to go this evening, and given the weather, I think I'm sticking with that plan. Hopefully see you all next month.

On Second thought, i'm going to bail due to the ice. See you next month!

Pilots - thanks for checking in. Due to the weather I’m going to bail as well. See you next month!

I also will be bailing. I hate to do it since we have had such good attendance the last couple of months, but alas.

See you next month hopefully.

--
    Bill

On the calendar tonight. So presumable this is always a go if listed?

I'll be there

Quote Originally Posted by CaptWillard View Post
    I'll be there
    Alas I must decline tonight. My youngest has the flu, and I would feel bad about leaving my wife to care for him and the other boys as well.

--
    Bill

Sorry to hear that.

Hope they get better soon!

Feeling under the weather, and don't want to make anyone else sick. Have a good time.
    So how many books are in your personal library?

For those of you who missed out this month due to weather, there's a second chance at Third Eye Games & Hobbies in Annapolis on Monday night the 26th!

Official session is 7-9pm though you're more than welcome to arrive when you like.

Quite the store if you haven't visited, 209 Chinquapin Round Rd Suite 400, Annapolis, MD 21401. Park in the back and enter through the back entrance to step right onto the flight line. We generally pull four or five, I have a bucket of planes if you want to try something new.

Tomorrow at Third Eye?
    I'm tempted...

Quote Originally Posted by jbmacek View Post
    Tomorrow at Third Eye?
    I'm tempted...
    We’d love to have you. The more the merrier.

I plan to be at the store on Monday, March 12. Who else is up for a game or three?

I hope to be there.
    Will

Can't make it this time. Hope to fly with you guys next month. Have fun tonight!

Barring any unforeseen events, I will be there tonight.

--
    Bill

Monday, April 9th, is the second Monday of the month. Who else is up for a game or three?

Quote Originally Posted by RJG173 View Post
    Monday, April 9th, is the second Monday of the month. Who else is up for a game or three?
    I can't be a 100% sure at this point, but I am planning on coming.

Hooray! We have a forum again.

I intend to be there.

In other news, I WAS going to post that if there are no objections we were going to reschedule for Thursdays starting in May. This would be on the same night and opposite week from the Sails of Glory night, and some of the Sails players have expressed interest in also playing Wings, but having Scheduling difficulties with Monday. Also, Thursday night does not have any other store events scheduled (that I'm aware of), unlike Monday's Netrunner & Roleplaying events.

Regardless, I don't want to abandon any players who are coming out to Mondays but would not be able to make Thursdays. If anyone has a problem with the move to Thursdays, please speak up. Unless we get a lot of positive feedback for the move over the weekend, we'll probably wait until June to make the move. Either way, we'll keep you updated here, assuming the forum is up...

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudotheist

Regardless, I don't want to abandon any players who are coming out to Mondays but would not be able to make Thursdays. If anyone has a problem with the move to Thursdays, please speak up. Unless we get a lot of positive feedback for the move over the weekend, we'll probably wait until June to make the move. Either way, we'll keep you updated here, assuming the forum is up...
    Is that 2nd Thursdays?

In general, Thursdays are a much better day for me, as I do *not* have a 0400 wake-up on Fridays, unlike Tuesdays.

Baltic Bob's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Bob
    Sorties Flown

Hi,

I am planning to be there also. Just a beginning pilot but looking forward to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by zenlizard View Post
    Is that 2nd Thursdays?

In general, Thursdays are a much better day for me, as I do *not* have a 0400 wake-up on Fridays, unlike Tuesdays.
    Probably first or third, but if it actually makes a difference to someone we might be able to adjust.

I'll be there this Monday

I'm okay with the move to Thursdays.

I won’t be able to make it tonight. Have fun! Also good with switch to Thursday

Users Country Flag

Name
    Bob
    Sorties Flown

Hi,

Just a note to say thanks to the flyers from Savage Mill for being so helpful to this novice in last nights flights.
    I had a great time even though my las mission ended prematurely with a loud Kabom! I look forward to wheels up next month.

Just out of curiosity, would anyone be interested in sticking with second Mondays and changing venue? I was talking to the guy who runs Gritty Goblin Games in Fulton today, and he seemed really interesting in having a game at his store.

Quote Originally Posted by jbmacek View Post
    Just out of curiosity, would anyone be interested in sticking with second Mondays and changing venue? I was talking to the guy who runs Gritty Goblin Games in Fulton today, and he seemed really interesting in having a game at his store.
    I checked that place out a couple weeks ago. It does look like a really great store, and I hope it does well. Two things I did notice though:
    1. In the current setup it looks like the gaming area would be pretty tight; after setting up the gaming map the extra supplies might be relegated to the displays/sales counter/floor (at least until the store moves to the new construction next door).
    2. If there were Ares products on the shelves, I didn't see them.

The Family Game Store has always made an effort to stock and support Wings of War/Glory product, since well before our monthly game night was a thing, and the owner has a genuine fondness for the game. And it probably happened a couple times in the years we've been there, but I don't recall not having three tables available for game setup, even on the crowded nights, which shouldn't be an issue if we move to Thursdays.

Now, gaming and game stores should not be a zero sum game. In theory it should be quite possible to support Wings of Glory game nights at both venues; If I didn't have young children I might try to make both myself. But in my current circumstances I think I'll only be attending the Family Game Store Wings night for the forseeable future, whether that's Mondays, or Thursdays starting in June if no one objects.

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudotheist View Post
    1. In the current setup it looks like the gaming area would be pretty tight; after setting up the gaming map the extra supplies might be relegated to the displays/sales counter/floor (at least until the store moves to the new construction next door).
    O.k. I actually stopped in there again this afternoon, and I don't know if they did some reorganization or I just wasn't paying close enough attention last time, but Gritty Goblin actually does have plenty of table space; at least on par with The Family Game Store.

O.k. our next meeting is in 1 week; Monday, May 14th. Any suggestions for scenarios?

Also, if there are no objections, this will be the last Monday meeting, and the following meeting will be on Thursday, June 7th.

Saw you had a balloon last time in your bag. I don't know if we've done one of those in a while?

So will the June onward be the FIRST THURSDAY of the month?

I plan on being there. I can bring a balloon

I can bring rocket carrying Nieuports.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Bob
    Sorties Flown

Hi,

I will not be able to be flying with you Monday, the 14th, because of a previous commitment. I do plan to be there next month on
    Thursday, June 7.

I’ll be bringing a balloon & a Staaken. Looking forward to tonight!

We had a turnout of 5 last night, and a dogfight of Snipes vs Fokker D.VIIs, followed by a flight of Camels hunting down a Zeppelin-Staaken.

Also, it's now official:
    starting next month, we'll be meeting on the first Thursday of the month, so th enext meeting is:

Thursday, June 7th.

The gaming area should be less crowded than we've grown accustomed to; hope to see people there,

1 week notice for the inaugural first Thursday time.

Perhaps we can do balloons this time. What airplanes should we have?

I plan on being there. I'll bring a balloon and a bunch o' planes.

See ya!

Plan to be there, though will be running a little late.

Something has come up and I won’t be able to make it. Have fun!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Bob
    Sorties Flown

Just a note

Had a great time last night. Did not realize how fast my sopwith could attract fire! Led to a brief, but memorable, encounter.

See you all on July 5

Next Thursday, July 5th, we are scheduled to play. Maybe we should use our favorite red, white, and blue airplanes? Maybe our favorite red, white, OR blue airplanes? Bring what you have, and we'll have fun.

Yeah, I tried to post something yesterday, but couldn't get to the site.

Not sure about scenarios, but I'll be sure to pack my Lafayette Escadrille, Nieuport 28s, Rickenbacker & Luke.

Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829303132333435363738 LastLast