Ares Games
Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 26272829303132333435363738 LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,800 of 1863

Thread: Wings of Savage Mill (Maryland)

The first Gritty Goblin meeting for 2023 is next Thursday, January 5th at 6pm. Irish John, the pilot formerly known as Wrong Way, will not be able to attend. I'll check with my son to see if he's available.

Hmm! Because of the cold weather, I was thinking some Eastern Front action would be called for. Unfortunately, I have no Russian airplanes. BobP does, if we can pry him away from his online game for one week.
    So how many books are in your personal library?

I will be unable to make this month's meeting.

We'll catch you next month. My son can't make it this week either.
    Last edited by CrashCraig; 01-05-2023 at 04:35.

Robert "Baltic Bob" Luddy passed yesterday, January 8th. His bio is located in the Hall of Fallen Airmen. Complimenting that posting are two photos below.

This is a pic from Bob's tour of the Brandy Station Graffiti House with a local television reporter in March 2020.
    Name:  Luddy Grafitti House Tour March 2020.jpg
Views: 534
Size:  47.0 KB

Here Baltic is leading his Lithuanian forces at his Lastner Meadows airfield in late 2021..
    Name:  Gaming Baltic.jpg
Views: 485
Size:  125.3 KB
    Last edited by CrashCraig; 01-22-2023 at 11:06. Reason: Corrected date of second photo.

Sorry to hear the news but thanks for informing us Craig.
    Please pass on condolences from the pilots at the Drome to his family.

Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Very sorry to hear of the loss of your wingman, Craig, my sincere condolences to you, his friends and family at this sad time, his exploits with you and the Gritty Games gang over the Baltic states will be missed. RIP "Baltic" Bob.

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Oh, no.
    I always enjoyed following the antics of Bob's Lithuanians.

Condolences to all his family and friends.

Blue skies "Baltic" Bob.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Designing airplane cards for Bob's Lithuanian and Estonian airplanes was always interesting and something of a challenge. I will miss seeing those models and Bob at Gritty Goblin Games.

Sorry to hear of Baltic Bob's passing.

I will miss his Lithuanian escapades.
    Blue Skies, Bob

All - I forwarded your condolences to Bob’s family and they were most appreciative.

Our February game will be next Thursday on the second (Ground Hog's Day). My son thinks he can make it. Irish John is a maybe-probably a game day decision.

Quote Originally Posted by CrashCraig View Post
    Our February game will be next Thursday on the second (Ground Hog's Day). My son thinks he can make it. Irish John is a maybe-probably a game day decision.

This just popped up for the first time in years. Can you mention the start and stop time please? At Omnihedral? Also which war?

I looked to have Wings of Glory put onto the Omnihedral Discord server a few weeks back, but that wouldn't be useful if you not at Omnihedral!

Hi John. We play WW1 Wings of Glory on the first Thursday of the month at the Gritty Goblin Games hobby store starting around 6 pm. The store is located at 6420 Freetown Road, Columbia, MD 21044. Its in a small outdoor shopping center across from the Giant grocery store which is at the intersection of Cedar Lane and Freetown Road.

Most of us used to play at the Family Game Store in Savage Mill before they closed a few years back (April 2019). Sounds like the Omnihedral store has been there (Savage Mill) since October 2021. Didn't know about it. Hope you can come by the Goblin next Thursday regardless of time.
    Last edited by CrashCraig; 01-26-2023 at 09:07.

Thanks for the details. I'll see if I can stop in, and I'll load up the trunk with all the paraphernalia (I'll leave the whiskey at home). I had forgotten that you moved to Gritty Goblin years back.

I have WW2 stuff too if anyone is interested in playing it for a change.

Great John. Looking forward to seeing you

I'll be there, but will not be bringing my camera. Someone else can do the AARs now.

No worries Robert. I can do a few.

Got confirmation that Irish John can make it to the Goblin this Thursday (Feb 2nd) as well so we should have a good turnout.

We're one week from our March gathering at the Gritty Goblin store. See you all on March 2nd at 6 pm.

We will be seeing seaplane action on the Italian front?

Robert "Baltic Bob" Luddy passed yesterday, January 8th.
    I didn't see this at the time. As a lover of obscure history, I will miss his Lithuanian AARs...

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonfrog View Post
    I didn't see this at the time. As a lover of obscure history, I will miss his Lithuanian AARs...
    Dom, I wanted to let you know that Bob got a real kick from your "Spoonfrog" call sign.

Quote Originally Posted by RJG173 View Post
    We will be seeing seaplane action on the Italian front?
    Robert - now that you mention it, I was thinking we could have a little sub hunting action in the Adriatic. I have Welker's Austrian-flagged Macchi 5 and you have several Central Powers seaplanes as well plus the movement rates from our Cuckoo scenario for the sub's diving rate.

Thanks, I'm glad he appreciated it. An obscure Vietnam reference...

Robert - looks like Irish John won't be able to make this Thursday.

But my son is planning on attending
    Last edited by CrashCraig; 02-28-2023 at 10:59. Reason: Added note that my son will be there.

Next Thursday April 6th will be our next gaming action at the Gritty Goblin. Usual time at 6 pm. Irish John will make it so there should at least be four of us. I believe Robert will be bringing us some Zeppelin action - watch the skies!

Next Thursday, May 4th at the Gritty Goblin. Looking for some action on the Italian front. Bring Hanriots, Capronis & Gothas - oh my! I have one of each. Irish John won't be making this one. Will check with my son early next week when his schedule is available. Hope to see you all at 6 o'clock.

My son confirmed he is a GO for the Goblin on Thursday. I've got a re-cycled Italian Theater scenario I'm calling "The sky was very crowded that morning." Bring a Hanriot or two.
    Last edited by CrashCraig; 05-03-2023 at 16:32.

I will not be able to make it.

I will not be able to make it.
    Sorry you won't be making it to the Goblin Robert. You'll be missed!

Sorry you won't be making it to the Goblin Robert. You'll be missed!
    Is this still on for tonight? I don’t see it on the Gritty Goblin calendar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptWillard View Post
    Is this still on for tonight? I don’t see it on the Gritty Goblin calendar
    Yes Captain - we are still on for tonight (May 4th) at the Gritty Goblin at 6 pm. We should have 4 pilots counting you. If you have a Hanriot it would be good to bring it along. Looking forward to seeing you. The address is 6420 Freetown Road at the shopping center at the Cedar Lane intersection. The Goblin is directly across from the Giant supermarket entrance.

Hi! Thanks for the heads up. I just checked traffic and the roads are clogged ( I’d be coming from VA ) so I’m going to pass. Maybe next month I’ll plan better and be across the River before the roads fill up

Understand Michael, Robert has to leave in the very early afternoon to make it over. Hopefully it will work out better next month.

Wings of Glory game at Gritty Goblin in one week - Thursday, June 1st. I was able to get it posted on the Gritty Goblin calendar. Hopefully folks will see it and more will come. Still planning on my Italian front game with enough pilots.

I was able to get it posted on the Gritty Goblin calendar.
    Oh, we've only been doing it since 2019; glad they finally noticed...

I will most likely not be able to make this month.

Todd-Sorry to hear you might miss Thursday.

Next Thursday, July 6th at 6 pm, we'll have another Wings of Glory match at the Gritty Goblin. Going to make another attempt at my Italian theater scenario. One of Todd's acquaintances said he might attend in July. Otherwise expecting the usual suspects!

What aircraft should I bring?
    Robert - your Hanriot HD1 and a couple German two-seaters like Rumpler G.IVs. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudotheist View Post
    I am out of town this week
    Enjoy the holiday Todd. We'll catch you next month. Irish John will be joining Robert & I. Plus a guy you talked to at your last Goblin visit said he was planning on joining us this month. Also need to check on my son.

This Thursday? I'm tempted. How many missions do you do on a given evening? It is Star Trek Strange New Worlds night, but since GG is only 10 minutes or less from my house, I could possibly stop by for a game or two.

John - if you could stop by (we gather at 6 o'clock) that would be awesome! I have two scenarios planned, we usually play 2-3. The first one is an Italian mission that's been done several times by other 'Drome members but a first for me. The second is a recent Gary ( Hu Rhu) creation I'm anxious to try. Hope you can make it!

Robert - your Hanriot HD1 and a couple German two-seaters like Rumpler G.IVs. Thanks.
    I have a Rumpler C.IV and I'll bring a Roland C.II. Also my Italian Hanriot HD1. Plus cards, rules and rulers.

Craig, I was wrong. BrickFair is the first weekend of August, actually from Wednesday to Sunday. So, I will not be able to play next month.

Robert - thanks for checking. We'll defer the sea action until September. Enjoy the fair!

I will again be out of state next Thursday.

Todd - sorry you'll miss the August 3rd game at the Gritty Goblin but I'm sure you'll have a great time whereever you are!

Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 26272829303132333435363738 LastLast