Results 1,551 to 1,600 of 1857

Thread: Wings of Savage Mill (Maryland)

Baltic Bob's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Bob
    Sorties Flown

Greetings,

Unless some one else has another idea, In honor of the season, I have put together a scenario entitled - The Polar Express !
    Basically, an Imperial Russian Armored Train strives to reach the front got support a Russian attack on the
    Imperial German Forces! Obviously, the German forces disagree and a struggle ensues on the Vlody railroad line.

Two players can run the armored train and as many German flyers can play as dare!

The rules are home grown but closely follow the process and specifics of the WOW rules.

See you at the Goblin!

Do you intend to have Russian aerial defenders?

Users Country Flag

Name
    Bob
    Sorties Flown

Hi Zen/Sam,

An interesting idea, probably would depend on how many aggressive German pilots arrive. My original idea was for the
    Armored Train to be a moving target. If the train can exit the playing surface (arriving at Vlody) the train wins.
    Crash Craig and I game tested a similar scenario - with the difference that the train was stationary. The train was actually
    winning until Craig gave the train a ka-Boom card and destroyed the engine!

It was a lucky shot. The train was tough ! Looking forward to Thursday.

I *might* actually be able to make it to this month's game. Looking forward to it.

So where, and what, are you guys playing these days?

Quote Originally Posted by jbmacek View Post
    So where, and what, are you guys playing these days?
    Oh hey, good to hear from you!

We're doing Wings on first Thursdays & Sails on third Thursdays @ Gritty Goblin Games; 6:00.

Cool. Friday is one of my telework days now, so a Thursday gaming night every once in awhile should be doable. And since Gritty Goblin is closer than the Family Game Store was, that makes it an even better option. So, next game is...? January 2?

So, next game is...? January 2?
    Yes, assuming the store is open on that date.
    So how many books are in your personal library?

Thanks.
    And do I have to pay to play?
    I may try scraping up some more folks, and I'm sure they'll be asking this question too.

Thanks.
    I may try scraping up some more folks, and I'm sure they'll be asking this question too.
    Yes, it is five dollars which can be applied as store credit to purchase something.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by RJG173 View Post
    Yes, it is five dollars which can be applied as store credit to purchase something.
    I need to jump in here and say that they give out 5 day pass cards with purchase of $25 or more, and I've collectd a half-dozen or so of these, which I keep around for the purpose of covering the fee for anyone who would rather not pay.
    So while technically there is a buy-in, I'm happy to cover anyone who doesn't care to do so.

Thanks, Todd. I had a couple of those. I’ll search the house to see if I can locate them.
    Oh! And I remembered the primary reason I stopped showing up! The game night was moved to Thursday evening and for the last ~2 years it interfered with my 50th anniversary of Star Trek re-watch schedule. Now that that is done, Thursday evening is wide open.

Reading this I didn't know there was a $5 fee to play but that is no big deal. Also should you start a new thread GRITTY GOBLIN-Fulton since Savage Mill is no more ? Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by BobP View Post
    Reading this I didn't know there was a $5 fee to play but that is no big deal. Also should you start a new thread GRITTY GOBLIN-Fulton since Savage Mill is no more ? Just a thought.
    We have people who subscribe to this thread just the current status of game play. Starting a new thread may lose them.

Plus, it is 32 pages long! We have to keep going just so we can hit 50!

Might be one of the longest besides the Beer one in the O Club.
    John I have 2 of your SPAD's with rockets and they are very nice.

As some of my earlier efforts, they are a bit crude compared to the later stuff, but thanks! Glad you like them.

I gave 2 to TEATICKET and can't wait to see what he does with them. The will be good to go against Martians or balloons. Yours are some of the first WWI planes I have.

If I show up at the next game (which is my plan), I'll look through my pile of prints and give some away to the troops.

I think I will make a New Years resolution to get to the games on Thursdays. Maybe after a few times we can get some T&T game going.

Sure you were joking but T&T--Tripods & Triplanes. Not sure about Tunnels & Trolls but did play Runequest years ago.

Honestly, it didn't register at first. The actual meaning dawned on my maybe 10 or 15 minutes after I posted.
    That being said, I'm game for anything, as long as I get to fly a plane.

Stopped by Gritty Goblin today to check on something and asked if they would be open on 2 Jan and the answer was yes so looks like I will have to make that Thursday Wings game.
    john I mentioned T&T to Mark and he said Tunnels & Trolls was a game back in the 70's. I guess about the same time as D&D and other roleplaying games.

Excellent. I intend to be there. I may bring my eldest son, as well.

Yes, T&T is one of the very early fantasy rpgs from the '70s, along with D&D, EPT, Melee/Wizard, C&S, Runequest, and... maybe one or two others...

I did Runequest and Bushido. Did see some play Traveler. Fun times back then.

I spoke with Paul and Mike during game night yesterday evening, and they may be able to make it to Gritty Goblin on Thursdays.

It is one week to Jan 2, 2020 and our monthly WoG game at Gritty Goblin Games in Fulton, MD. Flight time is 6:00 p.m.

I have a Caproni and Gotha bomber. If others can bring more Capronis/Gothas, we can have a multiple multi-engine bomber mission. Unless someone has a another idea they would like to try.

If I bring anything, it'll be a single-seater to shoot down bombers. Maybe a SSW D.III.

Robert, I am the recent recipient of a Handley Page 0/400 bomber. Not really sure what it does but it is BIG! I will bring it to the Goblin on the 2nd.

I expect to be there and getting dinner somewhere beforehand; probably hitting up happy hour @ RanAzul across the street...

Good games last night. Had fun and was good to meet new people and folks from here in the Drome. Had a couple of shoot downs but didn't fair well, being shot down in each game. First time flying a big bomber and the first time it was out of the box. But having a good time with new people is what counted. Looking forward to next months engagements.

That was fun. I'm glad I stopped by.

Todd, since we were discussing this, last time I played was December 2017. We did a T&T playtest and a Zeppelin-Staacken bomber run. Name:  25311298_10155792470247696_4936897317102253595_o.jpg
Views: 362
Size:  172.6 KB

Nice tripods! Where did get that mat?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptWillard View Post
    Nice tripods! Where did get that mat?
    I don't know. I didn't attend that gaming session, but it is not Todd's mat. Todd's is four feet wide and would cover the table. Maybe these are Ares gaming mats. I only have the one that came with the Staaken.

I haven't posted photos yet but Robert said there is a North Sea scenario (all he would say) so I will bring my Rumpler's to the game. I just finished 1 Hansa-Brandenburg W12 and 2 HB 29's (John's models) so I can bring them also. What maneuver decks do you think they use ?

Quote Originally Posted by BobP
    I just finished 1 Hansa-Brandenburg W12 and 2 HB 29's (John's models) so I can bring them also. What maneuver decks do you think they use ?
    The unofficial stats committee spreadsheet I have says K deck for the W 12, and the V deck for the W 29. HtH

Quote Originally Posted by zenlizard View Post
    The unofficial stats committee spreadsheet I have says K deck for the W 12, and the V deck for the W 29. HtH
    I have a card that says J* for the W 29.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Bob
    Sorties Flown

Hi,

For the next (Feb 6) meeting at the Goblin, in recognition of the 101st anniversary of the beginning of the War for Estonian Independence, I have prepared a scenario entitled “Crusing the Gulf (of Finland)!.

To set the stage, it is 1919 and the battle for Estonian Independence has begun! The Bolsheviks have been repelled in an attack on Narva, but have developed a new strategy. They intend to do an end run around the Estonian line at Narva, cruise the Gulf of Finland and land troops behind the Estonians cutting off their supplies and forcing a retreat. The Estonians learn of the plan but can they meet and defeat the flanking force?

Game will contain ships (troop carriers and the famous “Comrade Lenin” gunboat) Bolshevik and Estonian aircraft. If more reserves arrive, they will be filtered in before the Gulf freezes. Rules will follow WIngs of Glory with some modification for ships and weapons.

Come and join the cruise!

I see the K and V decks in the unofficial stats. Now I have to find those decks among the planes I have.

I see the K and V decks in the unofficial stats. Now I have to find those decks among the planes I have. If not hpe others may have tose decks if we need those planes.

Quote Originally Posted by BobP View Post
    I see the K and V decks in the unofficial stats. Now I have to find those decks among the planes I have.

Nexus and Ares: The 'Breguet BR.14 B2', the 'LFG Roland C.II', the 'Rumpler C.IV C' and the 'RAF R.E. 8' flew the K Deck, and it was available in a Nexus booster pack.

The 'Albatros D.II', the 'Halberstadt CL.II', and the 'Sopwith 1˝ Strutter' use the V Deck.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Quote Originally Posted by Baltic Bob View Post
    Hi,

For the next (Feb 6) meeting at the Goblin, in recognition of the 101st anniversary of the beginning of the War for Estonian Independence, I have prepared a scenario entitled “Crusing the Gulf (of Finland)!.

To set the stage, it is 1919 and the battle for Estonian Independence has begun! The Bolsheviks have been repelled in an attack on Narva, but have developed a new strategy. They intend to do an end run around the Estonian line at Narva, cruise the Gulf of Finland and land troops behind the Estonians cutting off their supplies and forcing a retreat. The Estonians learn of the plan but can they meet and defeat the flanking force?

Game will contain ships (troop carriers and the famous “Comrade Lenin” gunboat) Bolshevik and Estonian aircraft. If more reserves arrive, they will be filtered in before the Gulf freezes. Rules will follow WIngs of Glory with some modification for ships and weapons.

Come and join the cruise!
    If there is enough time, I propose a naval dogfight so bring whatever seaplanes you may have. Maybe Todd will bring a Felixstowe F2.A so I can see how big one of those are.

The 'J*' deck IS the 'V' deck - simply take a 'J' deck and remove one sideslip each side; simples!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Robert, I'll bring my Austrian Macchi M5 seaplane.

Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2223242526272829303132333435363738 LastLast