Ares Games

Thread: One Last Repaint...

Default One Last Repaint...

... for this week anyway.

This time an SE.5a, painted as Captain Duncan Grinnell-Milne's red-fuselaged "Schweinhund". Roundels courtesy of Dom's (most excellent) Decals

Not quite finished as every time I look at it I see odd little bits that need touching up.

Very nice Always liked the SE.5a

G1

Very nice. different from the standard all green.

Nice choice! Duncan was a bit of a Character too!

I love it... another scheme to add to my wish list!
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

Just when I thought it was all over. Another re- paint to add to my ever growing list.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

That looks really good - sometimes I hate being as badly colour-blind as I am (that's my excuse for why my own painting skills are so poor)

Nice job! ...goes to show that Allied aircraft had some wild A color schemes too...

"Last repaint" was perhaps tempting fate somewhat. I found I had a spare Roland so i decided that "The Black Hand" should have a 2 seater available for those times when he fancies a change from the wild life of a scout pilot

Apologies to German speakers for the inaccurate wording on the wing, but I decided to go for consistency with the words on the upper wing of my Dr.1 (and I didn't fancy repainting that)

Maybe it should have read Last Repaint till the next one, Dave. I have forgotten the number of times that I have said " Well that is the last Regiment I need for this Army, corps, brigade, etc.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Or even last repaint-ish

Nice job! ...it's "last re-paint for this week"