Ares Games

Thread: Points System

Default Points System

Hi All

I have uploaded a simple point system to the files section, it can be found here:

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/dow...do=file&id=735

Basically i have allocated a points rating to each aspect of the aircraft (speed, guns, damage capacity, no. of engines, mulitple crew, max ceiling etc) combining these together gives you a Points Value for each aircraft, hopefully this can be used for those who like to have balanced scenario's.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Awesome! I'll download them and use them for balancing our next game!

This looks great!
    Thanks!

I agree that it looks great and will be useful, but one thing I don't understand is the AB damage. I see that the Fokker E. IV and the Bristol F2B have versions with an AB gun, but I can't find the rule that explains it. Do you draw one A and one B card of damage, and two of each if at close range? Ouch!

Quote Originally Posted by PRS View Post
    I agree that it looks great and will be useful, but one thing I don't understand is the AB damage. I see that the Fokker E. IV and the Bristol F2B have versions with an AB gun, but I can't find the rule that explains it. Do you draw one A and one B card of damage, and two of each if at close range? Ouch!
    Thats right and yes, ouch indeed! In hindsight i might have upped the points on these bad boys. The good thing with this simple system though is if you dont agree with my points value alter it to suit!

Great tool thank you!

Thannk you for this it looks very useful.

Quote Originally Posted by PRS View Post
    If you think that is bad news, my "Biff" is armed for Home defence against German bombers with AB front firing guns and A rear guns. This has proved quite effective against a Gotha on both occassions that they have met.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Similar Missions

1. WoW Point System...
    By Greywolf in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 05-14-2013, 03:12
  2. WWI system vs WWII system question????
    By Propjockey53 in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-01-2010, 14:14
  3. Point system?
    By LazyEyedPsycho in forum WGF: House Rules
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-16-2010, 14:58
  4. Idle Thought re Other Games Using _WoW_ System
    By csadn in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-13-2010, 08:00
  5. DoW point system