Ares Games

Thread: Get In The Game - Middle Wallop 25th May 2024

Default Get In The Game - Middle Wallop 25th May 2024

"Get in the Game" is the name of the tabletop gaming event being held on Saturday 25 May 2024 at the Army Flying Museum, Middle Wallop, Hampshire SO20 8FB,
    hosted by the Company of Makers a UK based charitable organisation for Veterans and this event is for about 80-100 veterans who have expressed an interested in wargaming.
    Conrad Steele-Benny is our point of contact.

I've started this thread to rationalise organisation for this event from info in original linked Company of Makers thread

Info at the moment is: Setup from 0800, doors open 0900-1600, there is plenty of parking on site and easy access to the venue, we'll be in The Heywood Hall and Conference room and as participants we'll have full access to the museum while we're there.

So far we have names of those who have registered an interest, those highlighted are confirmed attending
    Names so far are:
    Dave (flash); Gary (Hu Rhu); Tim (Flying Helmut); Mike (Mikeemagnus); Suzie (Suka); Mark (Woof); David (David Manley); Baz (Baz) - depending on house move;

Ideally we need a minimum of six to run the WW1 double table and we may be allowed more, Mark (Woof) is also be offering a WW2 table so more volunteers will likely be needed if you fancy that, please pass the word, I'll see if we can scare up a couple more locally.

Looking at the museum's website: The Apache Cafe is open from 0900hrs - 1530hrs for breakfast, lunch and snacks, drinks, cakes and ice creams, with hot food served from 9am – 2.30pm. Only food purchased from the Apache Cafe is to be eaten in the cafe.
    Food and drink is not to be consumed inside the museum, there is a picnic area for packed lunches by the outdoor play area though.
    Photographs of exhibits are welcomed, however tripods are only permitted after 2pm and not during school holidays
    We are unable to give cash back nor do we have a cash machine on site
    Large rucksacks are not permitted in the museum for security reasons
    The Helicopters in Action AV show, which runs hourly in the Hayward Hall, contains flashing lights and loud, sudden noises.
    More details here:
    https://armyflying.com/what-s-on/

Sheppey Models will be there to support your tabletop gaming and modelling needs. https://sheppeymodels.co.uk/
    Last edited by flash; 04-17-2024 at 02:27.

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

I am cleared to travel so I'll be there

Quote Originally Posted by David Manley View Post
    I am cleared to travel so I'll be there
    Excellent, will be good to see you again DM..

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Great, Dave. Very useful posting. Thanks. See you there and let me know if I should bring any kit along

Great to see you're up for this, D.M.!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Similar Missions

1. National Company of Makers - Middle Wallop 25 May
    By Zoe Brain in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 04-16-2024, 12:14
  2. AAR February 25th, 2024 The Wright Flight
    By camelbeagle in forum WGF: After Action Reports
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-28-2024, 18:16
  3. 'Origins' Through the Helmut-Cam; Game #17 Sunday 25th June 18:00
    By Flying Helmut in forum WGF: After Action Reports
    Replies: 20