Ares Games

Thread: Time Travel campaign weekend! ZE GERMANS defeated us!

Default Time Travel campaign weekend! ZE GERMANS defeated us!

My son wanted us to test out a new campaign he came up with. There's a tear in the space-time continuum and planes from World War 1, World War 2, and beyond all end up in the sky fighting each other. Also, I haven't even finished customizing the planes OR the cards, so we didn't have bases. But I gotta tell you even though it looked like a hot mess we were laughing and having a blast! We had a ball. Japan and American WW2 planes LOST to the power and majesty of the World War One German Bi-plane! Also, it helps to let your boss win! hahaha Anyway, here are just a couple of photos from the fun we had playing as a family.

-Chuck

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4040.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	128.2 KB 
ID:	337822

Name:	IMG_4048.jpg 
Size:	74.8 KB 
ID:	337823

Name:	IMG_4035.jpg 
Size:	150.3 KB 
ID:	337824

Name:	IMG_4032.jpg 
Size:	95.3 KB 
ID:	337826

Name:	IMG_4037.jpg 
Size:	151.3 KB 
ID:	337825
    “Flying is hours and hours of boredom sprinkled with a few seconds of sheer terror!” Gregory “Pappy” Boyington, USMC”

In the past I thought about flying WW1 vs WW2 planes but never tried it. Looks like fun!

Looks like great fun.
    Where is Biggles and his helecopter gunship when you need him?

Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Samantha has been texting me every SINGLE day. Reminding me each text that she beat us both in Wings of Glory AND she beat us in a WW1 Biplane. Then she types a lot of "HAHAHAHAHAs" at me!

Quote Originally Posted by CrashCraig View Post
    Good times with family!
    “Flying is hours and hours of boredom sprinkled with a few seconds of sheer terror!” Gregory “Pappy” Boyington, USMC”

Sounds like you need a B-36 refitted as a Doc Brown special...
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.
    Wings Checklists: WWI (down Navarre Nieuport, Ares Drachens) | WWII (complete)

hahaha! Yes! I'll have to suggest to my kids that we find a plane and see if we can customize the tiny thing to look like a Doc Brown Special!
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    Sounds like you need a B-36 refitted as a Doc Brown special...

Problem would be rebuilding it in stainless steel... and you're gonna be problematic getting up to whatever multiple of 88mph. :P Not to mention getting enough plutonium to generate around 120gw... assuming you're not talking terawatts for something that big.
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.
    Wings Checklists: WWI (down Navarre Nieuport, Ares Drachens) | WWII (complete)

Similar Missions

1. Flight of Fancy, A Time Travel Tale
    By clipper1801 in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-14-2017, 02:41
  2. Other Flames of War Germans for sale.
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-19-2016, 09:42
  3. WGSF BoB Luftwaffe done in time for campaign
    By Lt. S.Kafloc in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-27-2014, 10:03
  4. The French Air Force In 1940 Was It Defeated by the Luftwaffe or by Politics?
    By Zoe Brain in forum WGS: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-05-2014, 09:46