Ares Games

Thread: T DECK WANTED

Users Country Flag

Name
    Ground Crew Bysshe
    Sorties Flown

Default T DECK WANTED

I have read somewhere that the T deck had been replaced with the G deck, But i would love to get hold of a T deck, I have searched till my eyes bled so any help please,, i have seen the ''mates'' cards but I would like a T deck on its own, how would I go about getting such without having to sell an organ to buy an original E.III..

any help very much appreciated

Thanks

You could buy a Morane Saulnier N-type, which also uses the T deck, or PM me for a link to all maneuver decks if you wish to print your own.

And welcome to the 'drome

T deck isn't quite the same as a G deck. The Gs have a slip in each direction that are steep where the Ts are not steep.

Quote Originally Posted by B.Brockmann View Post
    ... I would like a T deck on its own, how would I go about getting such without having to sell an organ to buy an original E.III..
    Print your own, or, get someone to print one for you, as it's unlikely you'll find one separate from the planes.
    One day, it's oft rumoured, they'll reprint the series and you'll be able to buy them, plane and all, at a more reasonable price, but I wouldn't hold your breath on that !

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Hopefully! I have a long list of planes I wish they would reprint so I can buy them and take the decks out of the box.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Ground Crew Bysshe
    Sorties Flown

Thank you I am still finding my feet on here :-) ( and with the game to be honest , as I am waiting on a stockist to get a copy of the rules and accessories box ) :-D

Users Country Flag

Name
    Ground Crew Bysshe
    Sorties Flown

Thanks for your comments guys,
    I have done a quick check it seems no one has the Morane Saulnier N-type for sale in the UK there are some posted on ebay but all around Ł50, so nearly double that with postage...
    I kinda like early and mid war, more than the later half, it seems i missed out on the aircraft by about 12 years :-) , there is so much being 3D printed ( i dont really want to go down that road if i can help it ) .. although it seems so long as for your own use you can scan on print cards, buy plastic bases to the size of the originals, and of course 3D aircraft, download rules online,, I have no idea how Ares works, although I have read a lot on here, but it seems they are shooting themselves in the foot with this line. , i have read they dont want to sell packs of cards, as people will then buy 3D aircraft etc. ..
    it is kinda frustrating for FNG's like myself. I do not want Snipes or Fokker D.VII's etc,, I guess I am somewhat lucky as guys at my wargame club have rules and craft etc, so at least I can get some games in ....albeit with snipes ect :-) ..... true i was given a 3D of a fokker eindekker, but i would much prefer to get straight out of the box
    I really like the game, but I would just like early to mid war aircraft.... oh well.. back to building some F86's and Mig 15's :-D

PM sent with link to WW1 decks.
    Yes, unfortunately, Ares is shooting themselves in the foot by not keeping the supply available. Instead, their business model has focused on restricting the game items (no pdf rules, no separate maneuver decks).
    However, with community support and resources, it's possible to get up to speed on the game - it'd just be nice if it were easier.

I could supply a Morane-Saulnier, boxed, for around the Ł25 mark.

Might also have a spare RAP box set (I just sold 2 - I need to check my stock).
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Ground Crew Bysshe
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    I could supply a Morane-Saulnier, boxed, for around the Ł25 mark.

Might also have a spare RAP box set (I just sold 2 - I need to check my stock).
    yes please i have tried to pm you, but i can not see it has been sent. i will try again, if you dont get please pm me

thank you

I have received your PM - two of 'em, in fact!

Which of the three Morane-Saulnier options would you be after?

Users Country Flag

Name
    Ground Crew Bysshe
    Sorties Flown

ah .i can not seem to find any of my sent messages... but you are getting them :-), so yep I have replied, thanks :-)

Bri

ah .i can not seem to find any of my sent messages... but you are getting them :-), so yep I have replied, thanks :-)

Bri
    By default the sent messages are not stored. Somewhere in your setting there is an option for this.

yes please i have tried to pm you, but i can not see it has been sent. i will try again, if you dont get please pm me

thank you
    I have switched your sent message function to ON, BB,or is it GCB ?... Hopefully that will save you some confusion.

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Users Country Flag

Name
    Ground Crew Bysshe
    Sorties Flown

I still can not see how i can see sent messages............... unless. if reply's are not classed as sent ?
    Last edited by B.Brockmann; 03-07-2024 at 12:13.

Go to your own Profile page

Top Right, click "Notifications"

Left side of page, small box (2" square) titled "My Messages"
    Top line is "Inbox" - default highlighted blue; main page displays your Inbox messages
    Second line is "Sent Items" - click this to change the main page display from received messages to Sent ones.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Ground Crew Bysshe
    Sorties Flown

aha .now I have it, and it now shows a message as ''Morane-Saulniers '' that I have just sent to yourself.. gah sorry for being a pain :-D

I hope you get your Morane soon. I have enjoyed early war scenarios since obtaining Moranes and Fokker Eindeckers. Have a look at this thread for some interesting ideas on scenarios:

https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sh...game-scenarios

Users Country Flag

Name
    Ground Crew Bysshe
    Sorties Flown

ah thanks good reading :-D .. I have not heard anything yet, but I am guessing he sounds like a busy guy.. . I have painted and based my Fokker. ( my painting is not the best and I would guess the colour is wrong, but I am happy with it. ). I will try and post a picture once i work out how to do such :-D
    although the T deck link i was kindly sent i found the image quality was not too good, so I am still looking, I have read that we can scan and print cards if for our own use so if i can buy a Morane that also uses the T deck off Flying Helmet , I think I shall do that

Hi Brian

I posted your Morane-Saulnier and RAP box yesterday afternoon; you should get it by this weekend at the latest.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Ground Crew Bysshe
    Sorties Flown

Fantastic buddy I have just received them with many thanks :-D they are great. I can now cancel a back order I have for the rules with Zatu, and the Morane is a great model. with T deck no less :-D wooohoooo. I am just about to cut some T deck cards i played around with from files I found on here but now I will know if they are right, as I think my next will be 2 more E.III's and I have 1 x DH.2, so will follow that up with 2 more of those too...

thanks for your help on this . I will get a pic up later today :-D

cheers :-D

EDIT :: after posting the above I just went on Zatu web site and cancelled the rules and accessories..that I had placed on back order in Dec as they stated expected restock 31st Jan.. before the end of Jan that changed to expected 31st March....and today it says expected 31st May... I kinda think it is out of Zatus hands, I do not know about design/ production, etc etc etc. but i do wonder if Ares are going a bit like Warlord and Warhammer, as soon a sales dip they discontinue and introduce new figures etc... the only item actually from Ares for my E.III are the pegs. which I can easily replace by buying plastic clear rod. I do not want to paint aircraft, print cards, buy rods/ bases. but at Ł15 in total ( yes that includes the postage to ) i spent to get the E.III airborne it beats the Ł150+ to buy off ebay for 1 Ares, as I want 3 thats Ł45 as opposed to Ł450 + ..... I would have gladly paid the Ł25-Ł30 for Ares models..if they made them available in the UK..... I also want DH.2's BE 2c's etc etc, as luck as it I have a load of 6mm game of thrones figures, but when i have painted and based the next batch i shall be looking for more early war craft.. 1 way or another :-D
    Last edited by B.Brockmann; 03-21-2024 at 06:02.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Ground Crew Bysshe
    Sorties Flown

ok E.III = a 3D print, I replaced the prop for a disc i cut out. T deck cards and aircraft card = printed myself ( hence the back image ).... base = by Evan ( quality item ) pegs = from a battered junked box.

I do not know how clean they kept their machines, but for myself I dont like the brand new look, so I kinda made mine have a dirty look

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	72.4 KB 
ID:	336873

One way to eke out your Manoeuvre Decks Brian is to print a couple of cards that simply says repeat the last manoeuvre. Apart from the few cards that are the only ones in the deck, you then have effectively three decks with only the errant cards left to print. This saves a lot of ink and time and also makes a deck far quicker to check through thus speeding up the game too.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

....E.III airborne it beats the Ł150+ to buy off ebay for 1 Ares, as I want 3 thats Ł45 as opposed to Ł450 + ..... I would have gladly paid the Ł25-Ł30 for Ares models..if they made them available in the UK..... I also want DH.2's BE 2c's etc etc, .............. i shall be looking for more early war craft.. 1 way or another :-D
    I have at least one Austrian (green) Fokker E.III complete with pegs, base and complete opened manoeuvre deck 'T' UNBOXED that I could let you have for Ł30, and I think I have a DH2 UNBOXED with base, pegs and deck (I'll have to check) which I could do for Ł30 as well.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Ground Crew Bysshe
    Sorties Flown

yes please. if you still have my details please send me a invoice for both :-D :-D :-D .. great :-D

Users Country Flag

Name
    Ground Crew Bysshe
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    One way to eke out your Manoeuvre Decks Brian is to print a couple of cards that simply says repeat the last manoeuvre. Apart from the few cards that are the only ones in the deck, you then have effectively three decks with only the errant cards left to print. This saves a lot of ink and time and also makes a deck far quicker to check through thus speeding up the game too.
    Rob.
    Thanks Rob, but to be honest I print 1 page then take to work to laser print copies. I keep the master i have made for any future prints I need to do :-D. so cost wise I hardly notice it :-D

That sounds like a good move Brian.
    Wish I could still get things like that done at work.
    Rob.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Ground Crew Bysshe
    Sorties Flown

I have to take it easy tho Rob, I have a great love of gaming Game of Thrones in 6mm, and I tend to have about 11 banners to each unit. so WoG i do slowly :-D to be honest I refill my inkjet myself, reams of card ( also from work :-D ) means there is hardly any cost for any inkjet prints I do. I will probby finish work next year so I may have to inkjet every thing before long,. any cards I do basically cost me nothing much, BUT ... I would sooner by Ares originals. but alas they do not seem to produce much.. kinda weird really as most of their item are Chinese made so you would have thought knock offs would be about for a couple of quid but hell if i can find any lol.. I know my E.III wings are warping so I am not too keen on the 3D model I brought, but at least i can have a game on :-D

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Wish I could still get things like that done at work.
    What is this work of which you speak?

As this has become a sort of general posting I am moving it to the Hobby Room Forum.
    Rob.

I have to take it easy though Rob, I have a great love of gaming Game of Thrones in 6mm, and I tend to have about 11 banners to each unit. so WoG I do slowly :-D :-D
    If you are into Game of Thrones you may recognise this model I did for Doncaster a couple of years back.

Name:	IMG_1239.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	336933

Name:	IMG_1295.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	86.6 KB 
ID:	336934

Name:	IMG_1258.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	91.1 KB 
ID:	336935

Name:	IMG_1292.jpg 
Size:	109.5 KB 
ID:	336937

Name:	IMG_1195.jpg 
Size:	99.9 KB 
ID:	336938

Name:	IMG_1291.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	92.6 KB 
ID:	336936

Rob.
    Last edited by Flying Officer Kyte; 03-24-2024 at 01:38.

Beautiful pieces Rob. That must really get a lot of eyes looking at your game table at the shows.

That is what really got me started off doing games with coastline and forts etc Pete.
    We were always upstaged by you fly boys with your Airships and clouds etc. No one wanted to see a few ships on a flat featureless painted ocean unless they were pirates. Since adding a bit of bling we are getting more punters stopping by to ask questions which Chris as our chief greeter fields with his very complete knowledge of all things boaty.
    Rob.

Thank you for your kind remark Craig and the Rep. Hope to have a bit more eye candy soon with Taranto. The aircraft are now finished and apart from a few odds and ends I am ready to get on with the landscaping.
    Rob.

Beautifully done, Rob!
    What maneuver deck shall we give Drogon?

Whatever he asks for!

Rob.

Name:	20221001_093510.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	148.1 KB 
ID:	336988

Name:	20221001_093525.jpg 
Size:	96.0 KB 
ID:	336989

V.TOL, naturally!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Ground Crew Bysshe
    Sorties Flown

that is fantastic :-D i do not recognize the blue red and white 'house' banner tho :-D

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post

Name:	20221001_093510.jpg 
Size:	148.1 KB 
ID:	336988

Name:	20221001_093525.jpg 
Size:	96.0 KB 
ID:	336989

V.TOL, naturally!

just watch out for that back, errrrrr front blast!

that is fantastic :-D i do not recognize the blue red and white 'house' banner tho :-D

its house vin blanc!

Tim, that is a really fine Dragon you have there. Special effects to add to your Photographer of the year award from last yeat. Whatever next? Could you be in line for an Oscar nomination?
    Kyte.

The Khaleesi made me do it...

Similar Missions

1. WGF G Deck Wanted
    By predhead in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-11-2023, 09:30
  2. WGF Wanted: E deck stall, available: E deck straight
    By Spoonfrog in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-29-2022, 03:45
  3. WGF [wanted] D deck
    By Spoonfrog in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 10