Ares Games
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Taranto.

Last evening I got all the rest of the buildings placed and am now removing them one by one for painting.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2038.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	79.9 KB 
ID:	337622
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

That looks like superb bones, Rob, I look forward to seeing the end product posted.

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Great job, Rob! I honestly don't know how you deal with those TEENIE TINY parts!
    “Flying is hours and hours of boredom sprinkled with a few seconds of sheer terror!” Gregory “Pappy” Boyington, USMC”

I have to admit Chuck that it gets more difficult with every passing year. Te eyes are not improving with the passing of time.

Rob.

Reinforcements docked today.

Name:	IMG_2037.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	62.1 KB 
ID:	337656

Whilst I am painting a lot of buildings for the old town, as a break I have started assembly and cutting out of the second of the coastline sections.

Name:	IMG_2039.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	77.0 KB 
ID:	337773

Amazing Rob

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

I completely missed this when it was shown, but Mrs K had recorded it and I watched it last night. If you pilots for Taranto get the chance do try to watch it. It is enthralling.

Rob.

Warplane Workshop, 11 April 2024, More4, “The Last Biplanes”

In the documentary series Warplane Workshop, viewers are taken behind the scenes of the challenging and passionate work of restoring historic warplanes to their former glory.
    The episode “The Last Biplanes,” airing on More4 on Thursday, 11 April, focuses on the efforts to return two rare biplanes to the sky. These iconic aircraft hold significant historical value, and their restoration is a labour of love for the dedicated engineers and pilots involved.
    At 100 years old, David Berry is one of the last surviving wartime airmen who flew the fragile Fairey Swordfish biplane, which played a crucial role in sinking Hitler’s Bismarck battleship. Engineers from the charity Navy Wings are racing against time to restore this rare biplane so that David can see it take flight once more.
    Simultaneously, 250 miles away, another team is determined to make the US Navy’s last biplane fly again. This episode showcases the passion and dedication of those who strive to preserve aviation history and honour the legacy of these remarkable aircraft.
    Warplane Workshop provides a unique insight into the world of aircraft restoration, combining engineering, history, and the enduring fascination with iconic warplanes.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    I completely missed this when it was shown, but Mrs K had recorded it and I watched it last night. If you pilots for Taranto get the chance do try to watch it. It is enthralling...
    Exactly why I flagged the series in the O Club at the beginning of the month. An absolutely fascinating series showing off the good work being done out there to keep and get these old war horses flying again. Well worth a watch.

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

All 12 Pilots seats for this game at Doncaster are now filled.

Rob.

After alot of unwanted jobs over the last few days I finally got back onto my model.
    Today I started work on one of the bridges connecting the island to the mainland.
    Having obtained a set of bridge sections from Brigade Models, I next sorted out a set of magnetic plates as used for holding badges to clothing.

Name:	IMG_2043.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	56.0 KB 
ID:	338232

Then I vandalized them.

Name:	IMG_2045.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	54.2 KB 
ID:	338233

Next I also vandalized the bridge sections.

Name:	IMG_2040.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	27.7 KB 
ID:	338234

What I did with them I will try and get completed for tomorrow.

Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    You are one busy boy Rob!
    Nothing but the best will do for your visit Colonel.

Kyte.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Nothing but the best will do for your visit Colonel.

Kyte.
    To be honest, Rob, the UK wing will have to pull out all the stops to beat the visit you gave me.
    So many fine memories in a very bad year.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Very kind of you to say so Karl. We still talk about your visit, and our own mewmories are not simply confined to motorbikes!
    Rob.

What I did with them I will try and get completed for tomorrow.
    Intriguing

Here are the bridges attatched to suporting piers by the magnets.
    Rob.

Name:	IMG_2047.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	61.9 KB 
ID:	338278

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Missions

1. Taranto and Pearl Harbor
    By NewFlyBoy in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-24-2020, 13:15
  2. National Origins 2015 Lend Lease Game - Taranto
    By Lt. S.Kafloc in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-04-2016, 06:54
  3. Doncaster - Taranto
    By Mrs Kyte in forum Doncaster 2014