Ares Games

Thread: Intro

Default Intro

Greetings. Just joined and awaiting my confirmation email. Instructions said to check in and post an intro. Here goes...
    In Cincinnati and new(ish) to game (<6 months), but already hooked. A few buddies and myself are playing every 2-3 weeks and picking up new fans each time.

Regards,
    Tim.

Welcome to the 'Drome, Tim, from another Tim!

I was in Ohio for 'Origins' this last June, and can attest that Ohio is jam packed with keen and highly skilled 'Wings' players - I'm sure they'll be along soon to say Hello.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Hi Tim, welcome to the forum from across the pond
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Welcome, Tim, from Oregon.
    I was also at Origins this year and can attest to the number of experienced and friendly players in Ohio.

Hi Tim! Greetings from Dayton. Glad to see another Ohio player in the area! If you are interested the Wright Flight game group is going to be playing Wings of Glory WWI this Saturday at Dragons Guildhall and Games in Beavercreek starting at noon. I know it may be a bit of a drive, but you are welcome. We have guys from Fairfield, Maineville, and a few other Cincy areas that come up.

We are also looking at another game later in the month at Capstone games in Lincoln Heights. I will post when we get it worked out.

As Dan (camelbeagle) has mentioned, several of us make the drive to Dayton (I live in Hyde Park). And we are tryng to work on a second game, maybe monthly, at the aforementioned Capstone Games. We use pretty much all the rules, along with a ton of house rules!

Welcome to the Aerodrome Tim. You are lucky to be in Ohio as it is a hotbed for Wings. Definitely look into goint to next Origins!

Welcome from Maryland Tim!

Welcome, Tim, from Akron Ohio.
    You're in a well placed area for Wings games. A bit far for me on a regular basis, but do try and make Origins with us in 2024
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Hello Tim from across the Pond. Dive in n enjoy yerself. No question to big, no question to small. Also Who Dey, looking forward to Sunday night.

Hi Tim, welcome to the forums and great to hear the game is growing in Ohio.

Welcome to the 'drome Tim from a very sunny Dorset in England today. Wings has a strong following in Ohio, I'm sure you'll find plenty of players to take on with your wingmen.

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

(welcoming head bobs) from the lizard here on the east coast.
    As other have said, if you're looking for live opponents, you're in a pretty good spot.
    If there's other stuff you're looking for, be sure to check out the files section for things like suggested house rules, "unofficial" aircraft, playmat files, etc.
    If you're looking for minis, of course, there's the buy/sell/trade section, and several of the 'drome members have their own Shapeways stores.
    And if you're looking to have a particular question answered, there are many threads to browse, from pilot bios, to historical paint jobs to aircraft usage stats, and if your question isn't answered yet, ask away, we're a friendly bunch here.

Hi, Tim. Fellow Cincinnatian here, also joined a couple of weeks ago. Also a newbie, has been mostly collecting until now, just played a couple of times but looking forward to playing more often.

Hi Ramon,
    Dayton gamer here. Glad to see another Ohio player in the area! If you are interested the Wright Flight game group is going to be playing Wings of Glory WWI this Saturday at Dragons Guildhall and Games in Beavercreek starting at noon.

We are also looking at another game later in the month at Capstone games in Lincoln Heights. I will post when we get it worked out.

Hi Tim from another Daytonian. Hope to see you at the Wright Flight game this Saturday

Here is a late HELLO from even another Tim!!! Welcome from Illinois!!! And watch those Ohio players, they're wicked fun to game with!!! You have been warned!!!

Welcome to the drome Tim from another Buckeye in the Dayton area. Hope to see you around.

Another welcome from across the pond, Tim. Enjoy!

Welcome both Tim and Ramon! Also from Ohio, formerly from Fairfield, now residing in Hamilton...Greater Cincinnati area...look forward to meeting you as soon as I'm able...it will be a bit since I'm awaiting Triple Heart Bypass at Cleveland Clinic in early November...won't be driving till after Christmas. But will hopefully see you then.

Wow Tom. Take care I'll say a prayer for you

Hope everything goes well Tom. Hope to see you at the table next year.

My prayers for a speedy recovery are added to those others Thomas. Just follow the Drs. instructions to the letter and don't try and do too much too soon.

Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Praying for a complete and speedy recovery. Hope it all goes well and you are back in the cockpit as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by redcoon2 View Post
    ..I'm awaiting Triple Heart Bypass at Cleveland Clinic in early November...
    Holy moly Thomas, best wishes for the procedure & hope to see you back in formation soon as you're cleared by the M.O.

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Similar Missions

1. Quick Intro
    By CaptCalamitous in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-19-2019, 16:20
  2. Intro and Retire Dates
    By Ken at Sunrise in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-20-2017, 22:59
  3. Newbie intro
    By Gaffer in forum UK Wing