Ares Games

Thread: MATES Cards

Default MATES Cards

Has anyone taken sashdash's cards and had them printed by one of the online card shops? I am very interested in using them, especially to compensate for aircraft I still need decks for, plus I was thinking about using them in a different sort of way (instead of plotting moves and writing down the maneuver number, was thinking that a pilot had the ability to react as needed, so only plot one move at a time, within the constraints of the rules, such as no back to back restricted maneuvers).

These are the cards I refer to:

https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=2366

We (my gaming group) have used Mates successfully for a couple of games. They were just printed on a colour printer and then put in sleeves. There was a set of rules in the forum about playing a one card at a time variation too. We have played that way too. I will have to search for the thread.

A more accessible wings of glory thread by Anguilillo on 15 May 2022. Currently on page 5 of the general forum. That covers the one move at a time game.

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
    A more accessible wings of glory thread by Anguilillo on 15 May 2022. Currently on page 5 of the general forum. That covers the one move at a time game.
    Linked here as it will move over time:
    https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sh...Wings-of-Glory

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by predhead View Post
    ... instead of plotting moves and writing down the maneuver number, was thinking that a pilot had the ability to react as needed, so only plot one move at a time, within the constraints of the rules, such as no back to back restricted maneuvers...
    Played games like this in the past, it's very reactive, all you have to do is use a cockpit, or, some such device to track special damage, jams, stalls etc and to avoid doubling up moves you shouldn't.

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

I think one card might be the way to go! We've been tinkering with a lot of house rules of late, so one more can't hurt.

Similar Missions

1. WGS Mates?
    By Baxter in forum WGS: House Rules
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-26-2017, 16:35
  2. A new use for the MATES cards
    By Zoe Brain in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-13-2016, 01:37
  3. Happy Easter to all my fellow mates!
    By Frank Rineer in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-08-2012, 12:43
  4. Time to Buy Another Round for My Forum Mates!
    By Dwarflord22 in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-13-2012, 07:56