Thread: International Shipping

Miscellaneous Miniatures
    Captain

Users Country Flag

Name
    Kevin
    Sorties Flown

Default International Shipping

International Orders - the webstore interface only offers Priority and higher-level delivery services. This service starts at about $60 per shipment. The US Postal Service offers a 1st Class International Package Service that starts at about $20 per shipment. There are two ways that I can offer international customers the less expensive service. They are:

1. International customer can order through the online webstore and select the Priority shipping option. During checkout or through the contact form, the international customer can request that I use a less expensive shipping option. I can calculate the rate, inform the customer, and if the customer agrees, I will use that shipping option and refund the difference in the shipping costs.

2. The second way is for international customers to provide their order and shipping address through the contact form or via e-mail. I can then generate and forward a PayPal invoice that includes using the 1st Class International Package Service.

International taxes and duties vary by country and their payment will be the responsibility of the customer.

I cannot guarantee delivery times mentioned by the US Postal Service. The customs process may add a significant amount of time to the delivery process.

Kevin

Hey thats great , something is always better than nothing
    In terms of decals surely just sending them by normal mail as a letter would negate all the Customs stuff and taxes?

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Quote Originally Posted by tikkifriend View Post
    In terms of decals surely just sending them by normal mail as a letter would negate all the Customs stuff and taxes?
    Depends on the site software, Shopping Cart constraints, and likelihood of items posted going astray, and requiring Tracking.

I have just ordered 2 sets of decals from the US on ebay, and the combined postage to the UK was $2.40
    Whichever system THAT guy is using, all the extra "Customs stuff and taxes" appear to have been bypassed.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

I was going to suggest that for those attending Doncaster we get a combined order together for pick-up at Donnie, to reduce the postage burden. Anybody interested in that?
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Sounds good to me Steve although not sure what decals i need at the moment

Miscellaneous Miniatures
    Captain

Users Country Flag

Name
    Kevin
    Sorties Flown

If your eBay guy has a licensed business, I'd be willing to consider a wholesale option to them. They could get a discount on decals and offer whatever shipping they wanted.

Miscellaneous Miniatures
    Captain

Users Country Flag

Name
    Kevin
    Sorties Flown

I'm not sure what is changing in the postal and shipping world. Today I was not able to print a postal label, using the basic international shipping rate, to an address in the UK. My shipping software would not show postal system options for anything less thank priority shipping, it only offered standard UPS and DHL rates. When I tried the US Postal System's label printing service, it would not calculate the standard rate. The package was an 8"x6"x4", 9 oz, box with $153 worth of decals. I have not idea why I've been able to ship that at a standard postal rate before and today, I cannot.

ooo-err. Hope you can sort this out Kevin, I'm due to send you a $250 order next week
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Similar Missions

1. International Shipping update
    By miscmini in forum Miscmini's Hangar
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-12-2023, 05:39
  2. Shipping news
    By wargamer in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 07-24-2013, 14:17
  3. General Free shipping
    By Biggles downunder in forum Shapeways Models
    Replies: 3