Ares Games

Thread: Drinks Are on Me!

Default Drinks Are on Me!

So, I have been a member of the forum for a number of years. Had a hiatus for a spell, but jumped back on regularly over a year ago. While the lack of Ares support is...disheartening, I still feel that we keep Wings of Glory alive, with some great support by Daryl at R.A.F. for making those lovely preprints. Anyway, I wanted to help on the forum as I could, so I volunteered to help - I will be working on some of the medals requests (once my access is sorted) as a small way to give back to this great group of folks.

First, second, and last rounds on me!

Last edited by predhead; 05-31-2023 at 13:38.

Well it would be rather unsporting if I didn't join you in the bar for a few cheeky drinks Darryl

I almost forgot to say congratulations Darryl on your new role on the forum .

Thanks for stepping up, Darryl. Here's a toast to your new position
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Thanks for the service! Those medals are sure an attractive part of the site!

A drink or two would be really welcome. Enjoy your new role

Here's to you and your new "upgrade"!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Thank you for volunteering and also buying another round - or two. Congratulations!

One volunteer is worth ten pressed men! Well done, I'll volunteer for one of your beers.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Good you are in, Darryl! Rob set the bar high, crossing fingers to run your routine as well as he did

Cheers

Thanks, Darryl, for being willing to serve this WoG community by taking a role on the Forum.

Welcome to the August body of moderators Darryl, and thanks for absorbing some of the donkey work for me.
    I would just like to remind the Show organisers that if any medals are requested for attendance, PM.ing games etc, it must be initiated by you and not the player. Give Darryl a break on this and don't make him keep running back to the applicant pointing out that it must be the Organiser who asks for the medal on his behalf.
    Good luck to you in your new role Darryl and remember that you can always ask me for clarification on any matter within my jurisprudence.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Quote Originally Posted by Dan-Sam View Post
    Good you are in, Darryl! Rob set the bar high, crossing fingers to run your routine as well as he did

Cheers
    I hope to! Just waiting for my access to be sorted!

Congratulations and thank you Darryl.

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Similar Missions

1. Drinks? Did Someone Say Drinks?
    By OldGuy59 in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03-31-2016, 17:16
  2. As always drinks on me
    By BobP in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 06-29-2014, 11:00
  3. Drinks are on me!
    By jbmacek in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-05-2012, 05:29
  4. Drinks on me
    By BobP in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-10-2012, 22:54
  5. Thanks for the rep - Drinks are on me!
    By Niclas in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-25-2012, 06:10