Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: DONCASTER 2023

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    Keep asking questions...

One of them is worth $64,000!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWS8Mg-JWSg

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

OK, about Doncaster event and by attention. I definitely want to come, probably with my friend Pavel, who is not an active player, but maybe he'll join several missions to. Unfortunately, there aren't any direct flights to Leeds, so the target will be Machester Airport, than York (NRM!) and Doncaster for weekend.
    Badge just for me, please.

Manchester only a short train ride from Sheffield or Doncaster. Happy to provide a Taxi if you can get to Sheffield (or Doncaster)

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Have we got a painting contest and if so whats the theme ,

Quote Originally Posted by Hedeby View Post
    Manchester only a short train ride from Sheffield or Doncaster. Happy to provide a Taxi if you can get to Sheffield (or Doncaster)
    I did it several times by a train via Peak District (I've been in Edale for few days back in 2012 with my wife). Leeds was simply closer, but this is not a serious trouble. I'll check Sheffield too.
    Thank you for your offer, very kind

Quote Originally Posted by tikkifriend View Post
    Have we got a painting contest and if so whats the theme ,
    I seem to remember the last time we had a painting competition, we had one entry.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

I seem to remember the last time we had a painting competition, we had one entry.
    Then I guess the entrant came first, second and third

For anyone who has missed this Chris now has a badge order thread open here.

https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sh...er-2023-Badges

Rob.
    Last edited by Flying Officer Kyte; 05-29-2023 at 00:17.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Chris put me down for 2 badges please.

Neil
    See you on the Dark Side......

Hi Chris
    Put me on the list for the whole weekend as usual and one place for Saturday night dinner also.
    Cheers
    Reg

hi Chris,
    it took a while for me to eicide but I will be there the whole weekend,
    groetjes
    lex

Great news Lex. It would just not be the same without you and Guus.

Rob.

That’s fantastic news Lex.

Great Lex. Looking forward to meeting you and Guus again

May I remind people ref badges, please see the link to add your names for a badge if not already done so

https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sh...530#post585530

Hi Chris, Cat's Eyes (Lex) isn't on the list ...
    cheers,
    Guus
    "zet 'm op ... witte muizen !" (strijdkreet van 1e JaVa, Luchtvaart Afdeling, Nederland 1940)
    "let's go get them ... white mice !" (battlecry of the 1st Fighter Group, Army Air Force, Netherlands 1940)

Hey guys - Touting for business at Donnie 2023 - I've written a WWI Mission, which I'm calling "The White Cliffs Raid" in which A single Gotha GV, two Hansa Brandenberg W29s and a HB W12 set out to bomb / strafe facilities in Dover in early 1918. The Home defence will be 4 Sopwith Camels and an "A" firing Sopwith Baby. Room for nine takers max, but can take fewer if folk happy to run more than one model. I'll provede all necessary equipment of course. Grateful you give it some consideration and I shall post the Mission Brief when its called for. Cheers,

Mike

Count me in for that one.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeemagnus View Post
    Hey guys - Touting for business at Donnie 2023 - I've written a WWI Mission, which I'm calling "The White Cliffs Raid" in which A single Gotha GV, two Hansa Brandenberg W29s and a HB W12 set out to bomb / strafe facilities in Dover in early 1918. The Home defence will be 4 Sopwith Camels and an "A" firing Sopwith Baby. Room for nine takers max, but can take fewer if folk happy to run more than one model. I'll provede all necessary equipment of course. Grateful you give it some consideration and I shall post the Mission Brief when its called for. Cheers,

Mike
    Count me in for this one Mike. Don't care which side. Reg

So far I have seen responses from..

Iain (Camel Crew)
    Rob (Kyte)
    Tim (Flying Helmut)
    Chris (Boney10)
    Neil (Skafloc)
    Mark (Woof)
    Paul (Tikkifriend)
    Dave Manley
    Steve (Guntruck)
    Andrew (Cpt. Ironsight)
    Mike (Mikeemagnus)
    Andy (Hawkhurst)
    Marion (Deadly M)
    John Biggles
    Ruth Biggles
    Amy Biggles
    Hannah Biggles
    Guus (Aardvark1430)
    Dan (Dan-Sam)
    Hmmm, i still don't see Lex (Cat's Eyes) on the list ...
    Anyway, I now can also announce that Arjan (Akrimpen) of the Dutch wing will also participate ... So the Dutch Vic will fly again
    Please add both of them to the list of participants, will you
    cheers,
    Guus
    "zet 'm op ... witte muizen !" (strijdkreet van 1e JaVa, Luchtvaart Afdeling, Nederland 1940)
    "let's go get them ... white mice !" (battlecry of the 1st Fighter Group, Army Air Force, Netherlands 1940)

Hello Mile

Put me down for "The White Cliffs Raid"

Can you point me to the list of games times form so I can book a game or seven

Quote Originally Posted by Aardvark1430 View Post
    Anyway, I now can also announce that Arjan (Akrimpen) of the Dutch wing will also participate ... So the Dutch Vic will fly again
    Please add both of them to the list of participants, will you
    cheers,
    Guus
    All the better for that Guus.
    See you all in September.
    Rob.

Hello Mike

Put me down for "The White Cliffs Raid"
    Done

Default La caza del tren del Gran Queso

A little bit on my planned Spanish Civil War game. It is early 1937 and the Republican Premier Juan Negrin is touring the front line by train, in an attempt to boost his troops morale. The Nationalists plan to eliminate him thus bringing on a further collapse in the Republican morale. But first they have to find him. Condor Legion recce units set out to locate his train, and once they have they call in the bombers to finish the job. However, the Republican air force might have something to say about that.

The game is set in a transitional period at a time when each side is bringing on board more modern aircraft, but the Republicans are are still flying all manner of interesting rubbish, and the Legion Condor have yet to deploy their latest aircraft in any kind of numbers.

I can take up to 10 players for the game

Me Please Sir

Quote Originally Posted by Guntruck View Post
    A little bit on my planned Spanish Civil War game. It is early 1937 and the Republican Premier Juan Negrin is touring the front line by train, in an attempt to boost his troops morale. The Nationalists plan to eliminate him thus bringing on a further collapse in the Republican morale. But first they have to find him. Condor Legion recce units set out to locate his train, and once they have they call in the bombers to finish the job. However, the Republican air force might have something to say about that.

The game is set in a transitional period at a time when each side is bringing on board more modern aircraft, but the Republicans are are still flying all manner of interesting rubbish, and the Legion Condor have yet to deploy their latest aircraft in any kind of numbers.

I can take up to 10 players for the game
    Put me down for that one Steve. Looks very, very interesting.
    Reg

That looks interesting. I'd like to play if it can be fitted in.

Hi Steve, I would like to join your game. But please put me in the International Brigade as I don't speak Spanish ...
    cheers,
    Guus

Can anyone point me to the gameslist and timetables ? I'm pretty certain I have seen it, but I can't find it anymore
    Thanks in advance
    cheers,
    Guus

Quote Originally Posted by Aardvark1430 View Post
    Can anyone point me to the gameslist and timetables ? I'm pretty certain I have seen it, but I can't find it anymore
    Thanks in advance
    cheers,
    Guus
    There is a partial list here, post 65

Here we go folks, still a couple of gaps which are looking for volunteers to fill.
    If people would like to start selecting their preferences I will start completing that list as well

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2023-07-15 162024.png 
Views:	84 
Size:	30.7 KB 
ID:	328912

Any idea what the Sky Captain game is about?

Hello Chris

Friday afternoon: Will wait to see what the WoG game is

Saturday morning: have booked White Cliffs Raid
    After lunch: Will play whatever WW2 game is on
    Game 3: 2 Seater Mayhem

Ta

Iain

Ok, please book me in for the battle of Copenhagen, will you.

cheers,
    Guus

Quote Originally Posted by Guntruck View Post
    Any idea what the Sky Captain game is about?
    Mark (Woof) is running it, he runs a good game.

I have booked to play White Cliffs, then happy to play the WW2 tbc and would like to be added to the Spanish Civil War game.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Arjan
    Sorties Flown

If there are still openings, I would like to join the White Cliff raid and Spanish Civil war please!
    -

Mark (Woof) is running it, he runs a good game.
    I'm sure he does. Still doesn't tell us what it's about though

Anyway, I'll go for White Cliffs and Race of Glory, and I suppose I ought to do the Spanish Civil war game as well. And Zombicide on Friday please.

Spanish Civil war ,Race for Glory and since sky captain is a mystery its got to be Vera Lynn

Arjan and Steve (Guntruck) added to my list for White Cliffs Raid. So far that makes five players -Gary (Hu Rhy), Reg ( Rebel), Iain (Camel Crew, Arjan (akrimpen) and Steve (Guntruck). There are five RFC / RNAS aircraft and four Central Powers aircraft. With players taking on one or two models each the game can run - could take up to four more players if each player runs one model. Boards are complete, models and paperwork ready; really looking forward to the event.

After the White Cliffs Raid, I'd like to go with the Race for Glory, followed by Two Seater Mahem if that's ok, although I have to say, The Spanish Civil War and Copenhagen both look really tempting too

Apologies for my lack of communication regarding my Doncaster game. I have just got back home following a cruise with HM grey funnel lines.

Whilst I have been working on a scenario loosely based on the film "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow" (P-40s vs pulp sci-fi style robots), unfortunately there are still too many things to do to make it ready in time. I'm still happy to run a WWII based game, and have a couple of options that are ready to go:

Either:
    Coral Sea 1942: Attack on the Shoho
    or
    No Ball: RAF attack on V1 emplacements

That is the first time I have heard of The Grey Funnel Line Mark, in spite of having been an avid re-enactor in several periods over the years. Have you got any pictures of your group?
    Rob.

Ooh has to be attack on the V1 site

Quote Originally Posted by mikeemagnus View Post
    Arjan and Steve (Guntruck) added to my list for White Cliffs Raid. So far that makes five players -Gary (Hu Rhy), Reg ( Rebel), Iain (Camel Crew, Arjan (akrimpen) and Steve (Guntruck). There are five RFC / RNAS aircraft and four Central Powers aircraft. With players taking on one or two models each the game can run - could take up to four more players if each player runs one model. Boards are complete, models and paperwork ready; really looking forward to the event.

After the White Cliffs Raid, I'd like to go with the Race for Glory, followed by Two Seater Mahem if that's ok, although I have to say, The Spanish Civil War and Copenhagen both look really tempting too
    Add me to the list as well Mike.

Hello Mark

Put me down for the RAF attacking V1 sites, if I've got an open slot for it.

I will pull together a tables list and share

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    Apologies for my lack of communication regarding my Doncaster game. I have just got back home following a cruise with HM grey funnel lines.

Whilst I have been working on a scenario loosely based on the film "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow" (P-40s vs pulp sci-fi style robots), unfortunately there are still too many things to do to make it ready in time. I'm still happy to run a WWII based game, and have a couple of options that are ready to go:

Either:
    Coral Sea 1942: Attack on the Shoho
    or
    No Ball: RAF attack on V1 emplacements
    Mark, with that pedigree I would have thought that you would have been ensconced in the other room with the boaty boys

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. Replies: 50
    Last Post: 08-17-2023, 14:40
  2. DONCASTER 2023
    By Hedeby in forum Doncaster Con
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: 07-14-2023, 08:05
  3. DONCASTER 2023 PRIZE RAFFLE #1
    By Hedeby in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 05-23-2023, 05:01