Ares Games
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BALLOON and NIEUPORT 16, release in September 2023

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    Ah ha! Profiteering! How long would you have to wait for them fo be sought after and get premium money? DVIIs are a definite, not sure about N16s.
    I'll bet that the Nieuports will fetch >$40 before next year. In addition to the fact that the wave is only three planes, and nothing has been released since 2019, the balloons also make them more appealing, and they can't be otherwise grabbed without paying an arm and a leg for a Balloon Busters or Trips/Tripes set.

Then again, it seems every plane other than Alb DVas have fetched some crazy prices.
    You're forgetting Weber, Jacobs, and Von Hippel!
    Last edited by Killer Moth; 05-30-2023 at 15:32. Reason: realized Ball wasn't included

How long would you have to wait for them fo be sought after and get premium money? DVIIs are a definite, not sure about N16s.
    I think the rockets will add to the appeal of the Nieuport 16s. When I run games at mini-conventions, it's the big bombers, balloons & more unusual aircraft like rocket-equipped aircraft that seem to grab the most attention.

At the same time, the Ancillotto and Ball rocketeers are humbly priced. But, they don’t hold that indescribable, Gallic sex appeal of the others.

@monse et al:

Ball is not being rereleased. It says: “B/C/D versions.” Ball is ‘A.’

https://www.aresgames.eu/games/ww1-w...ks/nieuport-16

It is interesting to see that the new releases are listed as Mons states, but when you click on to the expanded info Ball is included with a picture. Could this be another "Ball's up" by Ares?

Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

The July issue of GTM has them listed. Lets hope they actually come out on time.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    It is interesting to see that the new releases are listed as Mons states, but when you click on to the expanded info Ball is included with a picture. Could this be another "Ball's up" by Ares? Rob.
    I think its just the way Ares want to display their Airplane Packs, Rob. The series 1 models have multiple entries.
    The Upcoming page clearly shows which ones are due for release: WGF125 – WW1 Wings of Glory Nieuport 16 Airplane Pack (B/C/D versions). Though you'd think they could've marked Ball as OOP, or, something as it seems to have led to minor confusion.
    https://www.aresgames.eu/games/ww1-w...airplane-packs

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Thanks Dave.
    Good job I got my Albert the first time around then!

Rob.

Absolutely, think I'm still sitting on a spare somewhere.
    Thinking the RRP of Ł18+ is getting a bit steep for the new ones though

September release date confirmed on Ares FB page: Wings of Glory Miniature Game is back!

Roberto Di Meglio also confirmed re-release of early WWI fighters in comments bellow. (update: not clear)
    Last edited by Dan-Sam; 07-13-2023 at 22:48.

Thanks for the good news Daniel. Looks like they are sticking to their September schedule

Quote Originally Posted by camelbeagle View Post
    The July issue of GTM has them listed. Lets hope they actually come out on time.
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA! You're joking, right?

Not to diss our friends at Ares, but the only Wings/Sails deliverable tat I recall coming out NEAR on schedule was the Giants Kickstarter, and that was because *I* recommend they take their initial and assumed as-normal optimistic delivery date and multiply by a factor of FOUR in accordance with Scotty's Law combined with my grandfather's combination of SAC Warhorse/Old Sarge/Machine Shop Supervisor wisdom. "Take the absolute WORST everything-imaginable-going-wrong you can conceive for your task. Assume reality will be ten times WORSE than that, and then prepare for ten times even THAT."

Frankly, if I was them I wouldn't even announce dates beyond the expected quarter of the year until I had a hard confirmation from the factory that they were starting the producion run. Then again, I think the previous factory may have jerked Ares around because of being "little fish" and bigger guys wanting earlier slots more (and being willing to pay whatever it took to bump the small-fry aside), and we can only hope Dust Games will do better. How did they do with meeting schedules on BSG?

Sorry, this is kind of a sore subject with me as their lack of meeting schedules ran a friend's shop out of business. (Bill Dettmers at 12-7-Games, he pivoted to Wings after WOTC spiked Axis & Allies Miniatures and made the mistake of going all-in on Ares as his sole line after AAM bit the dust.)

Darn! 12-7 Games was a good alternate for Aerodrome Accessories.
    I will not hold my breath for the balloons in September, but hope for Christmas.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post

Not to diss our friends at Ares, but ... Frankly, if I was them I wouldn't even announce dates beyond the expected quarter)
    Oh no Diamondback - don't burst my "Balloon!"

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post

Not to diss our friends at Ares, but ... Frankly, if I was them I wouldn't even announce dates beyond the expected quarter)
    Oh no Diamondback - don't burst my "Balloon!"

Craig,
    I think I saw a Red Balloon over by the sewer grate!

Thank you for the update, Daniel.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan-Sam View Post
    Roberto Di Meglio also conrmed re-release of early WWI fighters in comments bellow.
    As far as I understand it, Ares doesn’t talk about any release of early WW1 planes but the comment is about the release of first models since Ares has changed their supplier (see picture below).

Name:  IMG_6529.jpg
Views: 750
Size:  61.2 KB
    Last edited by monse; 07-13-2023 at 23:17.

Quote Originally Posted by monse View Post
    Thank you for the update, Daniel.

As far as I understand it, Ares doesn’t talk about any release of early WW1 planes but the comment is about the release of first models since Ares has changed their supplier (see pie true below).
    I understand it in another way than you, but you are right - it was not a confirmation, maybe just liking the idea with no promise. I have edited the original post so as not to raise false hopes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan-Sam View Post
    Roberto Di Meglio also confirmed re-release of early WWI fighters in comments bellow. (update: not clear)

Did the preorder yesterday - both balloons & 3 planes…
    Voilŕ le soleil d'Austerlitz!

Quote Originally Posted by Marechallannes View Post
    Did the preorder yesterday - both balloons & 3 planes…
    Well spent in my humble opinion.

Well spent in my humble opinion.
    And mine! Still, I had to say that, since I ordered them as well!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Ares Upcoming Releases shows the Balloon and Nieuport 16 availability in October 2023.
    https://www.aresgames.eu/upcoming-products

ARES online shop prices :
    2 Balloons pack at 60$ and 3 Nieuport 16 pack at 60$
    2 Balloons + 3 Nieuport 16 pack at 100$
    https://ks.aresgames.eu/products/cat...ings-of-glory/

Name:  IMG_6909.jpg
Views: 597
Size:  46.5 KB

ASYNCRON GAMES plans to sell its new online shop (LES BOÎTES DE PANDORE) :
    - Caquot observation balloons at €30 each.
    - Nieuport 16 at 19€ each.
    -> the pack including the 2 balloons and 3 Nieuport 16 for 98€.
    The store will be online shortly.
    free shipping on orders over 60€ to France and Belgium.

Name:  IMG_6910.jpg
Views: 621
Size:  84.7 KB

Thanks for the news Simon!

Yep, already preordered mine. I hope they can meet the deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by zenlizard View Post
    Yep, already preordered mine. I hope they can meet the deadline.
    Yep, me TOO! Now just crossing my fingers for a speedy delivery!!!

Had to strike that balancing act of getting the pre-order price at Miniature Market, but not having to sit on the order for months waiting for the balloons to lazily float into sight in the far distance. But since Roberto is saying they are nearing/at their warehouse, and I can fill out the order with 40% off Shatterpoint (which can wait a few weeks since I’m way behind on my gluing at painting), time to finally make that pre-order. I waited out the SE5a without paying an arm and a leg, now I’ve waited out the balloons. DH2s and Eindeckers! Bwahaha! You’re next! I’m cheap!!!

ASYNCRON web store is now online and pre orders are available.
    https://www.les-boites-de-pandore.fr...of-glory-ares/

Shipping can be made to some European countries.
    https://www.mondialrelay.fr/envoi-de...s-expeditions/
    (no shipping fees to France and Belgium for orders above 60€).

Name:  IMG_6910.jpg
Views: 621
Size:  84.7 KB

ARES announces that CAQUOT BALLOON and NIEUPORT 16 will be available in US stores on 27th October.
    And next following weeks in other countries.
    https://www.aresgames.eu/33929

Name:  IMG_7288.jpg
Views: 457
Size:  82.5 KB

Thanks for the heads-up, Simon!

Earlier this year we were told September so only 1 month late! This is good news indeed.

Earlier this year we were told September so only 1 month late! This is good news indeed.
    For the US... two months late for the rest of the world.. IF it's delivered.

I'm just trying to be positive. Anything wings released by ARES is a very good thing.

I'm just trying to be positive. Anything wings released by ARES is a very good thing.
    Amen Colonel Peter

Oh, I'm still positive. I'm just positive they'll never hit a release date, ever !
    It comes when it comes, when I see it in hand I'll celebrate with the rest of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Oh, I'm still positive. I'm just positive they'll never hit a release date, ever !
    It comes when it comes, when I see it in hand I'll celebrate with the rest of the world.
    I agree with both of you. I'm looking forward to my preorders being shipped SOON as well. Fingers crossed, but not holding my breath.

I've tried three times to post this, let's see if this one works.
    Lookee what arrived for me today:

Nope, even after deleting some old photos, logging out, clearing my cookies ad re-logging, it still claims that my quota is exceeded by by 114+ MB. Yes, that's the same quota that was stated both before and after I deleted some old photos.

ANYWAY,
    I got my balloon buster pack today.
    Last edited by zenlizard; 10-24-2023 at 13:59.

Awesome! Time to pop some ballons right Sam!

I've tried three times to post this, let's see if this one works.
    Nope, even after deleting some old photos, logging out, clearing my cookies ad re-logging, it still claims that my quota is exceeded by by 114+ MB. Yes, that's the same quota that was stated both before and after I deleted some old photos.
    Give Keith a heads up and see if he can sort it for you Sam.

Rob.

...ANYWAY, I got my balloon buster pack today.
    You lucky dog, Sam, there's hope for us all yet !

Sam, did you recentley renew your Aerodrome membership?
    Seems to be an ongoing problem.
    I had similar issues last month.
    Keith fixed mine 'right sharpish'.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumptonian View Post
    Sam, did you recentley renew your Aerodrome membership?
    Not exactly recently...back in May, yes. I did begin to suspect that as being the source of the problem, but I haven't had the time to follow up on it with Keith. Maybe this afternoon I can.

This morning got my shipping notice from Miniature Market, Balloons are on the way!

YAY!!!

Only about what, a month behind? Getting better...

Not exactly recently...back in May, yes. I did begin to suspect that as being the source of the problem, but I haven't had the time to follow up on it with Keith. Maybe this afternoon I can.
    Just saw this post Sam. I checked yourprofile page and your payment for this year has not registered. I should get in touch with Keith ASAP.

Rob.

This morning got my shipping notice from Miniature Market, Balloons are on the way!
    Nothing for me yet. Pre-ordered back in May.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumptonian View Post
    Nothing for me yet. Pre-ordered back in May.
    I ordered mine in May as well, Pete. It still says "Order awaiting release", but Peter's shipping notice gives me some hope that it's not been forgotten.

I ordered through Miniature Market back in May. Mine are scheduled to be delivered on Nov 15th.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Just saw this post Sam. I checked yourprofile page and your payment for this year has not registered. I should get in touch with Keith ASAP.

Rob.
    Interesting. Thanks for the note, I'll send that off next. It does explain a lot.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. Re-release Balloon Busters pleeeeease ;)
    By HTRAINo in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 06-13-2014, 01:52
  2. WGF Nieuport 16 from Balloon Busters
    By Niemandsland in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-27-2012, 00:57
  3. FS: Camo Nieuport 16 (Johnson Prince) from Balloon Busters set
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-24-2012, 07:54
  4. FS: Brown Nieuport 16 from Balloon Busters set