Ares Games
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: BALLOON and NIEUPORT 16, release in September 2023

Default BALLOON and NIEUPORT 16, release in September 2023

BALLOON and NIEUPORT 16, scheduled to be released in September 2023 on Ares Upcoming Products.
    https://www.aresgames.eu/upcoming-products

Published today on Ares website - WW1 Wings of Glory Line - Airplane Packs / Airplane Packs.

CAQUOT M / AE 800 DRACHEN (click on title)

The Caquot M / Ae 800 Drachen Special Pack is the perfect addition to the WW1 Wings of Glory game line! This pack brings the excitement of the "Knights of the Air" era to your tabletop, allowing you to experience the thrill of commanding your own observation balloon in the midst of the battles of World War I.

As the guardians of the skies, observation balloons played a critical role in the struggle for aerial and ground supremacy during the First World War. With their ability to support troops, gather intelligence, and assist with artillery fire, these massive Drachens were heavily defended by anti-aircraft guns, groups of machine guns, and patrolling fighter aircraft. But the brave balloon busters, equipped with special weapons like Le Prieur rockets, were up for the challenge of taking them down.

Now, you can recreate these intense and thrilling battles with the Caquot M / Ae 800 Drachen Special Pack. This pack features a beautifully pre-painted model, scenarios, ground units, new rules, new abilities, and even a decal sheet for customization. You can play a variety of missions, including defending your balloon from enemy attacks or attempting to take down an enemy balloon yourself.

Sand WGF305A

Brown WGF305B

NIEUPORT 16 (click on title)

The Nieuport 16 Airplane Packs will be released in three new versions :
    Navarre, Squadrille Lafayette and De Guibert.

The Nieuport 16 was an evolution of the Nieuport 11, reinforced and modified to fit a more powerful engine with a top speed of over 100 mph. It was armed with a single Lewis machine gun on its upper wing and, when used in balloon busting, with two sets of Le Prieur rockets.

Nieuport 16 (Ball) WGF125A
    Considered a “lone wolf,” Albert Ball was a British ace scoring multiple victories on this Nieuport, including the destruction of an observation balloon with phosphor bombs.

Nieuport 16 (Navarre) WGF125B
    Jean Navarre, the Sentinel of Verdun, the first French pilot to shoot down two enemy aircrafts in a day and the first to be officially declared an ace. He was made a Chevalier de la Legion d’Honneur for his secret special missions and his aerial victories.

Nieuport 16 (Escadrille Lafayette) WGF125C
    Aéronautique Militaire unit N 124 – best known as “Escadrille La Fayette,” in honor of the French hero of the American Revolutionary War – was composed mostly of American volunteers who soon became a great inspiration to many aspiring pilots.

Nieuport 16 (De Guibert) WGF125D
    Henri De Guibert earned his flight license as a civilian, and once enlisted he became a French aviation pilot, and scored his first victory in his Nieuport 16 on July 21, 1916. After 19 years of service, he was honored as Chevalier de la Légion d’Honneur.

Each of these WW1 Wings of Glory® Airplane Packs includes is a ready–to–play Nieuport 16 model, painted and assembled, 100% compatible with any other WW1 Wings of Glory game product. In each pack you will find all you need to play with the airplane: a special base, a flying stand, and a deck of Maneuver and skill cards.
    Last edited by monse; 05-21-2023 at 23:22.

Well well, thats great news! Hope they can hold to the September release.

Awesome news! I hope they can make delivery time! I will definitely get mine! Maybe a few extra to repaint!

Seems to be the WoG version of WoW's «Balloons Busters» expansion!

Now I just have to find somewhere to buy them

Aerodrome Accessories used to get all my orders.

Quote Originally Posted by Paukenschlager View Post
    Except that now the balloon and aircraft are sold separately rather than as a set, which is handy if you want multiple Nieuports

Quote Originally Posted by David Manley View Post
    Except that now the balloon and aircraft are sold separately rather than as a set, which is handy if you want multiple Nieuports
    ...or you want multiple balloons, and already have lots of Nieuports!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Quote Originally Posted by Paukenschlager View Post
    It's cheaper to release something already moulded than create something new - they'll likely be quite expensive too but hopefully still cheaper than what some scalpers demand for the second hand items, which may undercut their market.
    It's a start at least, maybe reprints of series 5 will be along behind it and the much awaited scenario book with the new mats. I won't be putting money on the balloons being ready in September !

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Hmmm, based on their history of failing to meet other announced release dates, maybe we should look for these in September...2026! Hopeful, but doubting this September for these. However, an Escadrille Americaine N.16 would be nice. How easy is it to remove the rockets from the plane?

I usually bank on releases before Christmas being out for me in March as birthday presents rather than Christmas presents.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

For a September release date, the models must already have been produced and be in a container ship on the high seas by now. We can but hope

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    ...or you want multiple balloons, and already have lots of Nieuports!
    Probably what I'll be going for since I have already 2 entente planes equipped with rockets fighting between them for who's going to shoot down my one balloon!

Yes, the balloons seem to be reprints of the WoW ones. But the WoW ones had little brown men in the observer's basket. The new balloons don't seem to have them.

EDIT: The real product DOES have the little observers, differing from the promotional picture.
    Last edited by Tinweasel; 12-07-2023 at 13:24.

Apparently the balloons are "in production":

"Finally! After a long stop, production on our popular WW1 WingsofGlory line restarts at a new factory, with the famous "Drachens" models."

https://www.facebook.com/WingsOfGloryMiniatureGame

https://www.aresgames.eu/games/ww1-w...J2HcqxMKWkIzFA

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowDragon View Post
    Apparently the balloons are "in production":

"Finally! After a long stop, production on our popular WW1 WingsofGlory line restarts at a new factory, with the famous "Drachens" models."

https://www.facebook.com/WingsOfGloryMiniatureGame

https://www.aresgames.eu/games/ww1-w...J2HcqxMKWkIzFA
    I hope so, Paul...I just doubt anything they say based on past performance. I hope this does happen!!

Quote Originally Posted by predhead View Post
    I hope so, Paul...I just doubt anything they say based on past performance. I hope this does happen!!
    Same.

Production time frame…probably production models have been approved and finalized, production run scheduled, possibly started, container shipping reserved. If they were on a container now, even the proverbial slow boat from China would arrive a lot earlier than September. If it were a longer time frame, say 6-8 months, there would be more opportunity for slippage. Of course, with a production glitch…

Quote Originally Posted by Tinweasel View Post
    Yes, the balloons seem to be reprints of the WoW ones. But the WoW ones had little brown men in the observer's basket. The new balloons don't seem to have them.
    YAY!

Perhaps I can avoid future "D'OH!" moments like this...

https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sh...011#post574011

Posts #3 and #4

I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    YAY!

Perhaps I can avoid future "D'OH!" moments like this...

https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sh...011#post574011

Posts #3 and #4

Maybe there were only two parachutes and the remaining chap drew the short straw?

The balloons and Nieuport are available for presale on Miniature Market. The balloons are listed at $29.90, and on sale for $23.99. The planes are a bit shocking at $19.90, on sale for $15.99. I dunno if someone got confused and priced them at the two-seater price or that’s the new reality.

There’s a general sale on Wings of Glory for the Memorial Day weekend at MM - about $2 for scouts and $3 for two-seaters.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn Patrol View Post
    The balloons and Nieuport are available for presale on Miniature Market. The balloons are listed at $29.90, and on sale for $23.99. The planes are a bit shocking at $19.90, on sale for $15.99. I dunno if someone got confused and priced them at the two-seater price or that’s the new reality.
    Thanks for posting, Bruce.

I had 'passed' on the sale earlier - they didn't have these listed yet.
    Pre-ordered one of each.

Thanks, DP! I might actually order one of the Nieuports and then hope that it actually happens!!

Definitely getting the Escadrille Lafayette N16!

Looks much more promising now it is in print on the Ares site.
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Looks much more promising now it is in print on the Ares site.
    Rob.
    What he said.

I'm crossing my fingers and drooling!

Wonder if it will be supplied to the UK?

Just what is so important about a rerelease of the barrage balloon or a Nieuport 16? I have a few of each.I purchased the balloons with the Nieuports as a set around 2006 & the Nieuports singlely the year before covid.

Quote Originally Posted by nomore View Post
    Just what is so important about a rerelease of the barrage balloon or a Nieuport 16? I have a few of each.I purchased the balloons with the Nieuports as a set around 2006 & the Nieuports singlely the year before covid.
    Because nothing has been (re)released since 2019. And because the items will become attainable without paying an enormous amount of money.

Speaking only for myself, I missed he opportunity back in the day and I'd be delighted with the ohance to buy me a balloon or two come September. My collection seems just a little incomplete without them.

Baloons are eye catchers and help to raise an interest of other players. Especially the yellow one works well for this task.
    But I'm a terrible optimist in general

Right on Max.

In answer to Don's question, there have been many new players joining the game since the Balloons went out of production who would also like to get their hands on one or two. I have four plus a downed one, but to have a couple in the correct colours for each country would be a bonus for me. Would we accept a Staaken flying for the RFC if we had no Handley Page to field?
    Also, as regards the aircraft on offer, a few more options with Rockets is always a good thing. Try throwing half a dozen of them at the Martians in a T&T game and see how they like that up 'em Captain Mainwaring!
    If you are an avid collector, or just a casual player, this will be a watershed post Covid which shows us that we are not totally abandoned by Ares after all.

Rob.

Fingers crossed and all that. Balloons and N.16s = something and something means there might be more

More encouraging news. Miniature Market has both balloons available for preorder.

I really just hope Ares won't miss another deadline. I like this game. I'd like to see the company succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
    More encouraging news. Miniature Market has both balloons available for preorder.
    I pre-orderd these yesterday!

I’m hoping that ARES might have some early release balloon stock at Games Expo next weekend.... I am also an optimist.

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    I pre-orderd these yesterday!
    Are they gone now? I can't pre-order. Did they not set a one per customer limit?

They don't seem keen to ship abroad to me.
    Rob.

The Nieuports are available for pre-order. It's bizarre that they don't limit purchases to one per customer.

There are nine Navarres in stock. One person can order all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Moth View Post
    The Nieuports are available for pre-order. It's bizarre that they don't limit purchases to one per customer.

There are nine Navarres in stock. One person can order all of them.
    What would you do with nine of them? I have the four N16s with rockets and have never had more than two of them on the table at once.

Same thing you'd do with Fokker D.VII's—sell 'em.

But that's assuming that they become scarce quickly. Because of high demand. When the wave only consists of four planes, though, they may! Especially when we've had nothing released since 2019.

But that's assuming that they become scarce quickly. Because of high demand. When the wave only consists of four planes, though, they may! Especially when we've had nothing released since 2019.
    I'm regretting not having preordered the balloons yesterday (instead of posting about the availability). Now my sense of scarcity's been triggered.

Ah ha! Profiteering! How long would you have to wait for them fo be sought after and get premium money? DVIIs are a definite, not sure about N16s. Then again, it seems every plane other than Alb DVas have fetched some crazy prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
    I'm regretting not having preordered the balloons yesterday (instead of posting about the availability). Now my sense of scarcity's been triggered.
    I would think when they do come out MM will stock more than just their pre-sold pre-ordered ones.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. Re-release Balloon Busters pleeeeease ;)
    By HTRAINo in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 06-13-2014, 01:52
  2. WGF Nieuport 16 from Balloon Busters
    By Niemandsland in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-27-2012, 00:57
  3. FS: Camo Nieuport 16 (Johnson Prince) from Balloon Busters set
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-24-2012, 07:54
  4. FS: Brown Nieuport 16 from Balloon Busters set