Ares Games

Thread: RAF Cosford Air Show

Default RAF Cosford Air Show

I don't know if anyone is interested in going to this show. It sounds like it would be a really cool day out watching all of the aeroplane displays. They also have RC aeroplanes doing their displays too I think. It is on Sunday the 11th next month, and the ticket price is £34 per adult. However I was thinking that the forum could get involved here by putting on some participation games. I am going to contact them after I have done the school run this morning to enquire if we could possibly be allowed to take part at next years air show. I will let you know how I have got on later on today.

Sounds like a plan... keep us posted

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Interesting! Very interesting Mark.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

I have not long spoken to someone from RAF Cosford. I just have to send them an email to explain who we are, and what we do at the other shows that we attend. So fingers crossed that by this time next year we will be at RAF Cosford enjoying the displays and having fun shooting at each others aeroplanes.

Good luck Mark. Its a fair treck from the South West but if you pull it off I'd certainly think seriously about taking part next year.

I have just sent RAF Cosford an email explaining about who we are and what we do at the wargames shows. I do hope that it does pay off and we can have a chance to hopefully attract new players to the game. And have fun in the process too.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeemagnus View Post
    Good luck Mark. Its a fair treck from the South West but if you pull it off I'd certainly think seriously about taking part next year.
    Thank you for the encouragement Mike. I do hope that it all goes according to plan. And we can have another annual venue to play Wings of Glory.

Good work, Mark, hope you get this off the ground & clear the hangar !

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

I am also planning a back up venue as well Dave. Just in case this falls through.

RAF Cosford is within range, no need for drop tanks!
    Hope this comes off.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

No news yet folks. But I will let you know how I get on.

envy envy envy. good luck guys sounds like a spiffing jolly day out, with a table of Wings WW2 perhaps?

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Similar Missions

1. RAF Museum Cosford
    By Baron Rolf in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-25-2017, 05:00
  2. WOW! Or Rather BOB At RAF Cosford ...
    By Tonx in forum PW2: General Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-15-2016, 09:34
  3. RAF Roundels Guide: RAF Museum Cosford.
    By Tonx in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-11-2016, 05:46
  4. Joaquim at Cosford.
    By Flying Officer Kyte in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-11-2014, 01:20
  5. RAF Cosford
    By David Manley in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-25-2013, 04:29