Ares Games

Thread: 1:300 WW1 decal sheets

Default 1:300 WW1 decal sheets

Hi,

Sorry if this is a "sad newbie" question, but where in the UK can I buy WW1 British and German (late war in both cases) decals in 1:300 without also having to buy a load of either 1:144, or 1:200-to-1:600 decals at the same time/on the same sheet? Is this simply a case of "you can use the larger/smaller ones for larger/smaller aircraft" or is it just manufacturers being daft?

Thanks,
    Baron von W.

Not in the UK but MSD Games has a line of 1/300 scale decals, and their service in the US is really good.

I'm sure it is. Unfortunately, I'm not in the US and would rather not have to raffle a kidney to afford the extortionate postal charges the USPS now imposes for the crime of being "foreign".

Thanks anyway.

And in hindsight I went to the site to see how much they would charge for international shipping...they only seem to allow shipping Stateside. Sorry!

Not in the UK but MSD Games has a line of 1/300 scale decals, and their service in the US is really good.
    Many thanks for that Darryl. They have a pretty useful range of 1/300 scale decals and I may very well have some sent to my son in Canada. I can then pick them up in September during our next trip out there If anybody else in the UK is interested, let me know and I'll see if my son is ok to help out storing them for a while. Not immediate, but cheaper

Are these the "Hostile Aircraft" range? If so, I was looking at these earlier and they do a nice set of RNAS decals, but postage to the UK is almost as much as two sets of the decals, so I might take you up on this if you don't mind!

Quote Originally Posted by VonWreckedoften View Post
    Are these the "Hostile Aircraft" range? If so, I was looking at these earlier and they do a nice set of RNAS decals, but postage to the UK is almost as much as two sets of the decals, so I might take you up on this if you don't mind!
    I believe that is correct, these are the Hostile Aircraft decals.

Similar Missions

1. New decal sheets
    By miscmini in forum Miscmini's Hangar
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-21-2023, 07:00
  2. New and revised decal sheets
    By miscmini in forum Miscmini's Hangar
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-19-2022, 17:58
  3. Jasta 18 Fokker D.VII decal sheets
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Aerodrome Accessories
    Replies: 6