Ares Games

Thread: BRUTAL DOGFIGHT OVER RUSSIAN FRONT

Default BRUTAL DOGFIGHT OVER RUSSIAN FRONT

A fight between Russian and German fighters.
    Antsaintex leads a Yakovlev Yak-1 (Luganskij) and a Hawker Hurricane Mk.II (Kuznetsov).
    Monse flew a Messerschmitt Bf.109 E-4 (Galland) and a Fiat Cr.42 CN Falco (Gressler).
    The game is played on one game mat.

1. First long-range shot by the Yak on the Bf.109 (0 damage point) which chooses an evasive maneuver despite its firepower adapted to a frontal confrontation.

2. A few maneuvers later, firing from the lower altitude of the Bf.109 on the Hurricane (0 point).

3. Mutual fire at short range between the Bf.109 (6 points) and the Yak (0 points).
    The Falco keeps its distance from the fighting.

4. The Falco fires at the Yak (1 point).

5. The Falco fires at the Yak (2 points), aiming at the Bf.109 at short range (10 points + Crew damage), which has only two points of structure left.

6. Immelmann of the Bf.109 who misses the Hurricane (0 points) who shoots from higher altitude at the Falco (3 points) who hits the Yak (2 points).

7. The Falco successfully fires again from long range at the Yak (4 points + Engine damage).

8. The German biplane attacks the Yak (2 points + Flame damage).

9. The Yak at short range and the Bf.109 from lower altitude fire together against the Hurricane (7 points), who can’t fire on the Bf.109 at a half ruler.
    Withdrawal of a Flame counter for the Yak (2 points) which descends to gain distance.

10. Consecutive fire from the Falco on the Hurricane (4 points + left blocked rudder).
    Removal of a second Flame counter for the Yak (0 points).
    The Bf.109 descends to altitude 1 to try to preserve its only remaining structure point.

11. Removal of a third Flame counter for the Yak (2 points)

12. Split-S of the Hurricane firing at the Falco (2 points).
    The removal of a fourth Flame counter for the Yak (3 points) is fatal and the Russian goes down in flames.

13. Mutual long-range shooting between the Falco (1 point) and the Hurricane (3 points).

14. Falco's Immelmann in the back of the Hurricane hits at short range (1 point + right rudder damage).

15. After a descent, the Hurricane is shot down from higher altitude by the Falco.

Result : German victory with the elimination of the two Russian fighters.
    The Bf.109 escapes elimination by two points, but played a disruptive role by staying close enough to the action to attract the attention of the Russian fighters.
    Despite its weak armament, the German Falco biplane managed to survive with only 7 points of damage and benefited from its maneuverability and a lucky draw of damage inflicted on the opponents.

Great shoot-out on the Russian front, Simon. It's fun to see an underdog (Falco) come out on top.

Great fight. The CR42 is great

Nice to see Russian front action.

Good AAR with planes rarely seen on the "tappeto di gioco"

Looked bad for the Germans with the 109 catching heavy damage but the battle was saved by the Falco biplane!

I can see myself dusting off my WWII planes for my next game.

Tough scrap!

Nice to see an Eastern Front game for a change.

Thanks for posting it.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Similar Missions

1. One for the Eastern Front (Russian) Fans.
    By gully_raker in forum WGS: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-18-2017, 20:36
  2. WGSM: BF 109 Aces of the Russian Front (Osprey)
    By Nick_ace in forum Book Reviews
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-30-2013, 12:09
  3. Russian Front - Where to start?
    By Madboyo in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-21-2011, 08:53
  4. The RAF on the Russian Front.
    By Rabbit 3 in forum WGF: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-28-2011, 05:27
  5. Multiplayer: Somewhere over the Russian Front