Ares Games

Thread: Phones - Do not do this!

Default Phones - Do not do this!

We are in Queensland at the moment for our vacation and will be visiting a relative for a couple of days. Getting out of the taxi at the car hire place my less than 2 weeks old phone slipped out of my trouser pocket and even though the fall was only 60cm (2 feet) the screen was cracked. Naturally while we are here in Brisbane my wife wants to go to the DFO (Direct Factory Outlets), Aha I thinks, I will get a phone repairer place to replace the screen. I handed over my otherwise working phone to the guy in the shop who assured me all will be fixed in 45 minutes and wandered off. Needless to say my phone was not fixed at all and in fact it is now definitely broken. The repairer came up with "how was I supposed to know it was 5G?" and "you will have to send it back to Samsung". The phone will not reset or charge or do anything now, so I am probably going to have to buy another one as the excess on my insurance would be just about greater than the cost of the phone. The moral of this story is do not get your phone repaired if you are not in your home state.

Sorry to hear about your mobile phone. I know how much you use it for games and information about them.

That is a real downer Doug. I am always worried about my phone getting damaged like that.
    It is so easy to let it slip if you are distracted with other matters at the time. Certainly a warning to us all to use a trusted source for all these kind of jobs.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

That's the main trouble with mobile phones - they are mobile!

I lost mine once; rang it and rang it and rang it, until it failed to connect.

I found it a week later, in the boot of my car!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!