Ares Games

Thread: GAMES EXPO 2023 - CREW WANTED

Default GAMES EXPO 2023 - CREW WANTED

I have been speaking to Roberto at ARES about GAMES EXPO 2022 (2nd - 4th June Birmingham NEC)
    I am looking for anyone interested in crewing the ARES stand at Games Expo, would need some folk to help set up on the Thursday, then run demo games across Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Games of Wings and Sails but also supporting ARES with their new releases, board games, card games etc.
    Will be hard work but could be great fun, and we might even get paid for it...

I need an idea of names and numbers ASAP so that Roberto can factor us into his planning.

Anyone Interested....

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Would love to but current committed to help out on the Surprised Stare stand for the weekend

Last call for this, Chris (Boney10) and I are going to hopefully fly the flag for the forum at this event. I need to reply to Roberto ASAP, so if anyone else is able/willing to support let me know by close of play today. Thank you.
    Last edited by Hedeby; 02-15-2023 at 10:54.

Quote Originally Posted by Hedeby View Post
    Last call for this, Chris (Boney10) and I are going to hopefully fly the flag for the forum at this event. I need to reply to Roberto ASAP, so if anyone else is able/willing to support let me know by close of play today. Thank you.
    and then there were three Tim (Flying Helmut) will hopefully be joining us. Here's hoping we get to play some part... I will keep you posted

Yes, there will be three of us;

Chris Hedeby can be "Larry"
    Chris Boney10 can be "Curly"
    and I'll be "Mo"

I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

hi have look at and me and the Deadly M should be ok to help

So it's no longer "The Three Stooges"...

Now it's the "Famous Five"

Just as well - with Chris Hedeby and Chris Boney10 (with surname H), and my surname already H, I was contemplating changing my name to Chris as well!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Alas the offer from Andy and Marian came in too late for Roberto’s deadline...

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    So it's no longer "The Three Stooges"...

Now it's the "Famous Five"

Just as well - with Chris Hedeby and Chris Boney10 (with surname H), and my surname already H, I was contemplating changing my name to Chris as well!

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Quote Originally Posted by Hedeby View Post
    Alas the offer from Andy and Marian came in too late for Roberto’s deadline...

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Awaiting a response from Roberto to see if we are going to be able to help out this year... fingers crossed

Its official we are in... so Tim, Chris and yours truly will be supporting ARES across the weekend. If all goes swimmingly maybe we can get a few more folk involved next year.
    So if anyone is visiting make sure you drop by to say hello.

Good news I may be there with Surprised Stare again, if so I'll head over to see you in my breaks

Well done Chris. Good to see yourself and the lads keeping the Aspidistra flying.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

We talked a lot with Roberto and Lawrence from Wotan Games (what a top bloke!) about lack of stock etc.
    We virtually sold out their entire stock of both Wings and Sails and could’ve easily sold another dozen starter sets (I was even looting the display stock to sell Dual Packs), so think it was obvious what a impact we were having and what a lost opportunity it is to have us at all these shows with no way of maximising the sales opportunities that arise every time. After EVERY games we were taking folk to the stock and helping/advising them with their purchases, many customers came back time and time again.

So... we are now looking at how we can get stock to shows, be it through games stores or some other route...

It’s an everybody wins scenario so hopefully we can sort something out.

Sounds like a move in the right direction Chris. Let's hope it is not another case of or

Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

I am glad that all three of you had a great time promoting both games. And it is promising that we may at last have actual products to buy ourselves and for the potential new recruits to do so as well at shows.

Similar Missions

1. U.K. Games Expo, NEC Birmingham 31/5 to 2/6
    By Guntruck in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 06-02-2019, 14:44
  2. Games Expo 2017.
    By Flying Officer Kyte in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 04-15-2017, 04:25
  3. Replies: 38
    Last Post: 07-28-2014, 11:00
  4. UK Games Expo 2013